Home

Leaderboards player info

Mountainforest

What do you think of the leaderboards?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the leaderboards?

• They're perfect
    • They need to be changed
    • It doesn't matter me

First I'd like to say that having leaderboards is a very good idea. Unfortunately, the only things they count are the total number of kills, the total number of narrow escapes, the total number of headshots and go on.

Why do they do that? If you don't play for a month because you're on vacation, you have lost your place on the boards for ever. If you start playing a half year after the game comes out, you'll probably never make it to the top 100 players listed there. The info they display doesn't indicate the qualitys of the player, but mostly the time he has the game. Those values can only get bigger, something that surdenly isn't the case with the gaming qualitys of the players.

Solution: always display the number of kills for every played hour. only place the number of headshots for every played hour and so on. This gives a far more reliable image of the gamers capabilitys.

But there's something else I don't like about the boards. What about the people that like to play the heavy wep guys or pilots. Even with the new system they can throw away their chances to get on those leaderboards. Place as extra info the number of destroyed vehicles, kills with heavyy weps, buildt turrets and healed or repaired units. Some people are excellent pilots, and that sure has to be rewarded too.

Hopefully lucasarts wills see those boards don't tell anything of the skill of players, and change those leader boards, cause the way it's now is ridiculous.

There are flaws in that system as well. Then, I could just hop on my listen server, set the bots for easy, password it, set it hoth, get in an AT-AT, get my extremely high kill count per hour, log out and never play under that ID again and watch as I sit comfortably in first place until someone outdoes me, then I'll do it again.

Kills per hour doesn't encourage people to play more for good stats, it encourages them to quit when they have good stats.

The best ranking systems I have seen take into account your performance based on other people in the server, based on their ranking, and works that in with kills/death and kills/hour to come up with some arbitrary score for ranking.

A system like you mentioned more accurately reflects the good players, but you also want a system that encourages people to sit down and actually play the game.

Maybe something as simple as buttons that would "Rank players by--" kills/hour, or kills/death, or total kills....etc....might be the way to go.

Originally posted by IA~BlackOps

There are flaws in that system as well. Then, I could just hop on my listen server, set the bots for easy, password it, set it hoth, get in an AT-AT, get my extremely high kill count per hour, log out and never play under that ID again and watch as I sit comfortably in first place until someone outdoes me, then I'll do it again.

Kills per hour doesn't encourage people to play more for good stats, it encourages them to quit when they have good stats.

The best ranking systems I have seen take into account your performance based on other people in the server, based on their ranking, and works that in with kills/death and kills/hour to come up with some arbitrary score for ranking.

A system like you mentioned more accurately reflects the good players, but you also want a system that encourages people to sit down and actually play the game.

I agree. You could also put in have information on the players last game. If people dont play for a long time, their profiles will be put on stealth or something.

Maybe something as simple as buttons that would "Rank players by--" kills/hour, or kills/death, or total kills....etc....might be the way to go.

But if there would be a punishment of some sort if you don't play with an account you have a high rank with, things would be solved.

Same thing is done by ensemble studios with AOM. If the top 1000 players don't play a rated game in a week, their rating will be lowered.

This works good

The PC leaderboards are here: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/leaderboards_pc.html

They have PS2 leaderboards as well.

I'm starting to get annoyed at not being able to see my stats. I don't care if I'm in the top 100 but I want to see my stats so I know what I can improve upon. I've been playing since Tuesday and it still can't find my online profile.

Is it because it doesn't recognize lowercase like the previous poster said? What is it? I'd like to know what the people who can find their online stats are doing that I am not doing. I have a Gamespy profile, been using it for years.

The only other thing I can think of besides the lowercase letters thing is that you have to get in a game through gamespy, yet I can not do that, I have to always go through in game interface to get in a game.

If anyone who can find their stats has any solutions please post them. Are your nicks all in caps? Do you always play through gamespy interface?

personally i think they are a waste. they mean nothing and i think htey take away from teamplay. like others have said, some people are better pilots and wont get as many points. i have a dedicated desert combat / desert combat extended server that i keep stats on and i never am the highest - why? because i like to be more of a support person, i like to fly the medical helos in and get people out or use artillery, this keeps my kill ratio down but i help out a lot in the actual gameplay.

personally i think they are a waste. they mean nothing and i think htey take away from teamplay. like others have said, some people are better pilots and wont get as many points. i have a dedicated desert combat / desert combat extended server that i keep stats on and i never am the highest - why? because i like to be more of a support person, i like to fly the medical helos in and get people out or use artillery, this keeps my kill ratio down but i help out a lot in the actual gameplay.

Archived