Home

AllSeeing Eye with Battlefront?

young Obi-Wan

I too prefer ASE and hate Gamespy. I did install Aracde 2.0 when I realized how bad the ingame browser was but I'll promptly remove it the second ASE adds support.

Thankfully Aracde2.0 does actually seem to be faster/better than previous versions of that garbage add-infested crap.

Sadly with all the trouble connecting to servers I've pretty much gone back to using the ingame browser the majority of the time.

and... either there aren't many servers out there yet, or the master server has the same bug as JKA had :p

I somehow got the feeling I'll be able to find more servers with ASE... and it's faster and much more comfortable...

but what about my other question? is there a way to open the console?

[EDIT]I just checked ASE for updates, and there is a new one for Battlefront! w00t!!![/EDIT]

Originally posted by young Obi-Wan

and... either there aren't many servers out there yet, or the master server has the same bug as JKA had :p

I somehow got the feeling I'll be able to find more servers with ASE... and it's faster and much more comfortable...

but what about my other question? is there a way to open the console?

[EDIT]I just checked ASE for updates, and there is a new one for Battlefront! w00t!!![/EDIT]

And steal the f***ing "Sessision is full".

Originally posted by young Obi-Wan

there seem to be quite some bugs when joining a game online, but oh well, let's wait for a patch ;) this game is too funny to let it remain un-perfect...

but... what about the console???

Yeah. I'll play SP until some Patch will be out.

And what about the console?

Just to play Devil's Advocate, I think you might be more accurate saying "gg LucasArts." It's obvious from everyone's miserable experiences joining the games on the PC platform that the product was pulled out of the oven a bit too early. My guess is, LucasArts was putting pressure on them to release this in tandem wtih the DVD box set. That way Lucas has enough money to buy a small island somewhere in the Pacific. He'll need a safe hiding place when Ep III gets released and thousands of fans cry for murder because George "raped their childhood" ....

Until Pandemic patches the code and institutes some bypass functionality for that Gamespy login, none of the server browsers outside of the game will work. I think Falconise mentioned in another thread that the reason GS:A wasn't working was because GS:A logs you on to their servers and then the game itself logs you on. Since ASE has no connection to GS:A whatsoever, there's no way their server browser will do anything more than find some of the servers being reported. Until some command line switches get published that allow for a direction connection to the server bypassing GameSpy altogether (and a removal of those damn logos would help), we all have to suffer with the in-game atrocities or simply go find something else to play.

Originally posted by LoQ

I thought ASE does support this game. Did I hear wrong?

I was reading some posts on the LucasArts forums (these being the lucasforums) and apparently some people have gotten it to work, but yet they also mention adding command lines in ASE which pushes in the nick, gamespy logon id, and gamespy password (the same info you enter when going through the in-game browser). So, yeah it might work some of the time. Eventually though, you're going to get some odd quirk where you get disconnected from the GameSpy servers and get booted out of the game or you'll start hitting the "Server is Full" message or even better "Invalid Gamespy ID" message. You can take your chances with ASE, but I wouldn't count on any of the third-party browsers to work until Pandemic lets the world on the secret of bypassing Gamespy altogther and just connecting directly to a server. There's an option to not log into Gamespy in the in-game screens. I've been using this, since even when I login to gamespy through the game I occasionlly get bumped out stating I lost connection to a gamespy server. Why it wants to constantly report I have no idea. Bottom line: Gamespy needs to stay the **** out of the in-game browsing mechanics and just keep finding new ads to put into their bloated game browsing software

I don't think I have ever successfully connected to a server with anything other than the in-game browser. GameSpy was crashing and XFire joining doesn't ever seem to go through. It times out. Maybe once or twice. This seriously has to get fixed.

Poll/thread about ASE, XFire nad 3rd party connectivity issues http://www.lucasforums.com/showthre...threadid=137011

I just tried the ASE, and guess what, I got the same error I get every time I try to use GA. I don't understand why a patch hasn't been released yet .. this is such a vital mistake that it needs to be fixed now, because people will quickly return their games once they see that the online code sucks. Sad, but true. I'm sure however things will work out but as of now:

FIX THE GAME!!

too bad all the new lucasarts games always come up with such fatal errors :/ sad, sad.

[EDIT]i just downloaded patch 1.00a, which is said to improve some MP bugs... is a client running version 1.00a able to access a server running the basic version? cuz none of the servers seems to be updated yet.

btw why doesn't anybody answer my question if tere is a way to open the console of BF?[/EDIT]

Archived