Home

MGS3 Demo

CapNColostomy

I got it (the Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater demo) earlier from the OPM. I messed with it a little, but I plan to immerse myself in it tomorrow.

My only gripe was that all the voice acting is in Japanese, with American subtitles. I know it won't be that way for the US retail version, but I thought since the release was so close, they might have had English voice actors.

Anyone else played it yet? Anybody like it?

It's likely to be an early demo of the game, not recent (like the latest Killzone demo in the UK OPM2, it was months old). I understand they probably don't wanna give away too much of the unfinished product. If I can remember, I think the MGS2 demo (got with Zone of the Enders) had Japanese voices too. Fear not, for the finished game will have English voices, and it will rock ;)

Well I played it a little while earlier, and I love it. The new CQC moves are great. I interegated a guy while holding a pistol to his head and a knife to his throat from behind. When he didn't offer any valuable info, I slit his throat. Another option was to slam him head first to the ground. Pretty neat stuff.

The new method of hunting and catching everything you need to eat and build stamina and health is a cool addition, and the new camo meter (similar to the one in Splinter Cell) is as well. You have to change camo patterns to blend with the scenery-grass, tree bark, leaves, brick walls, etc. I can't wait to get ahold of the full version.

[edit] @ Darklighter, it is the earliest demo of the game, and the only one made so far. It just came out in this months OPM. ;) The full version is scheduled for release next month.

Snakes voice is so bad ass in English :D

Almost better than Sam Fisher.

Oh.... My favorite part of any cutscenes is right after Snake takes off his mask after being attacked by vamp and when he looks at Raiden..... SO COOL! :D

*remembers I have an Xbox*

:indif:

BETTER HAVE A XBOX VERSION! :mad:

TiE

If I'm not mistaken they're making it for PC as well.

They like the money it brings in, over time they'll eventually port an Xbox version as well. They know if they do that, regardless of how "smooth" or "laggy" it is, they'll get thousands more sales. Just think of how many more sales Bungie got when they ported Halo to the PC.

I wasn't impressed with the videos and trailers I seen of MGS3. Maybe it's because I liked the locations in MGS2 much better. From what IGN said it sounds like the entire game is going to take place in a jungle area. I liked how a lot of MGS2 was in buildings.

Regardless to how disappointed it seemed to me, it's bound to be a great product. I'll buy it simply because it's MGS. :)

Archived