Home

KingGurus Hoth Mod (Download Area)

kingguru

subsonic i have a question i have a text editor ultra edit 32

i open the ewk.lvl and it have to many rare sings but not letters

and i use it to open mission.lvl (hoth map) and i can modify it but it dosen,t works i erase imp_inf_dark_trooper and put on imp_inf_darthvader and it dosn,t works what are my problems?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rends

Might be more an installer problem than game language one?

If possible release it as single files in a zip so we can try it out if it works with our german version or not.

Rends

Some of the files are quite large, this was the reason I started out with the patches instead of releasing the full modded files in the first place. Patches are a few hundred Kb, full files could be several dozen Mb.

Originally posted by DarkReborn

subsonic i have a question i have a text editor ultra edit 32

i open the ewk.lvl and it have to many rare sings but not letters

and i use it to open mission.lvl (hoth map) and i can modify it but it dosen,t works i erase imp_inf_dark_trooper and put on imp_inf_darthvader and it dosn,t works what are my problems?

At work just now so I need to wait till I get home to check mission.lvl to answer your question on Vader. In ewk.lvl, the bits you need to edit are at the very end of the file.

any 1 gonna tell how u can play as darth any commands

Again, I'll check up when I get home, my memory isn't that good. I can tell you there are no in-game commands to play as Darth Vader, it's all done by modding.

Kingguru wrote this into his mod, so if he reads this before I get home he might answer for you. ;)

In the jedi version i replaced the dark tropper (4th class) to darth vador , there are no commands, key cheats etc.. to make this happen, you must install the mod.

As far as the installer, Subsonic and I are getting a better patcher that uses all languages, patches all files in a single file instead of downloading many files for each mod.

I want to know if these are working for other languages so far. I am hearing that UK works so where are the language/localized issues coming from?

My email is guru@gametoast.com for those who want to send the files from other countries/languages, then I can see if the patcher is the issue or the files.lvl.

Originally posted by D®agon¬Claw

Sry my english is not good.

i have a question:

Is it possible that u create a new class slot for vader and only for player? because i have seen 3 vaders on hoth when i update the mission.lvl .

This would involve preventing the AI units from choosing a particular class. It may be possible, but as far as I know no-one has found a way.. yet.

The size of the characters for the spy and imperial officer are larger then all_inf_wookie and all_inf_darktrooper , the imperial officer is imp_inf_imperialofficer and the spy i didnt look up but in most cases these are infantry class for factions not special class. Ive yet to swap special class for 1-4thclass( basically 5th class is anything in the 5th player select spot on any map, those are special characters which are specified in the in the mission files before it checks to see what 1st - 4th class you are loading)

for skimmers:

the result of your questions makes the special 5th class not load. making 4 player selectable choices

updated thanks sub :) hehe

Originally posted by kingguru

The size of the characters for the spy and imperial officer are larger then all_inf_wookie and all_inf_darktrooper , the imperial officer is imp_inf_imperialofficer and the spy i didnt look up but in most cases these are infantry class for factions not 4th class. Ive yet to swap 4th class for 1-3rd class( basically 4th class is anything in the 4th player select spot on any map, those are special characters which are specified in the in the mission files before it checks to see what 1st - 3rd class you are loading)

for skimmers:

the result of your questions makes the 4th class not load. making 3 player selectable choices

It's just a typo, guru knows that there are 4 basic classes... heehee :naughty::p

hehe thanks... my maps are so modded I didnt know if that was used or not. It just a background bmp. Over a skybox, hehe that clear that up.

Right now I have the sky for bespin on hoth, things are very dark in our favorite snowy planet right now. lol

Archived