Home

KingGurus Hoth Mod (Download Area)

kingguru

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 Jedi Version (2 file patch)

Release Oct 12th,2004

**Must be US release and fully up to date on patches**

*Must download both (2) patch files for Mods to work.

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 (Jedi Version) hot1.lvl patch.exe

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 (Jedi Version) mission.lvl patch.exe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Star Wars Fans who do not want JEDI Players:

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 -=No Player Jedi=- mission.lvl patch.exe

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 -=No Player Jedi=- hot1.lvl patch.exe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release notes for v.1.000

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000

Release Oct 12th,2004

For Star Wars BattleFront with newest patch updates.

In this release:

Pilots Alert! ALL FLIGHT CAPS REMOVED! Fly unlimited space.

More Vehicles on Hoth including Y-Wings, Tiefighters and X-Wing. Changed spawn points for vehicles. Each side will have each type of vehicle from both factions but at random times/random locations.

Play as Darth Vador. (jedi version only)

Millennium Falcon out of the Hangar. It now rests mid battlefield.

Several Objects have been moved or removed. None of these are permanent. Some crates are floating etc..

Added 4 more turrets : trying to move the action out in to the ATAT area , there is now a turret there as well. 2 Turrets added to the Rebel Hangar base.

Future updates= Sounds in other areas such as steam sounds near falcon , weapons changes and making more vehicles available, total hoth map conversion.

Issues in this release : The tiefighter in the rebel base is going to be swapped later.. right now you can get in but you'll explode and its the same with the Xwing which also takes along time to spawn.. these are being updated.

BACKUP BEFORE YOU PATCH! we are not responsible if you have to re-install you game due to not making backups of these two files.

BACKUP :

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\HOT\hot1.lvl

and

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\mission.lvl

Then apply this patch.

TO UN-INSTALL :

Delete the mod files, mission.lvl and hot1.lvl and simply use your backups versions of hot1.lvl and mission.lvl

note: this patch will likely be updated daily , this is just a fun mod to get some replay value and show a few moddable portions of the game. This patch does not alter ANY other files or maps in any way.

---end of release notes---

note: if you post these on your sites, please make sure to return to this topic post as updates will most likely occur often from the same link(s) just with new patch names.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did you do this? You are creating the risk of ruining SWBF with Dark Jedi, Sith, and Jedi. They should never be playable. Go play JO/JA for that. I'm glad that modding has started, but STAY AWAY FROM PUTTING JEDI IN THE GAME. It ruined JO/JA, with the stupid anti-laming, restricted Force, and lightsaber only things. The game is meant to be played properly. This may bring in the honor bull****.

Sorry for the language moderators, but it is needed.

:fett:

quoted :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did you do this? You are creating the risk of ruining SWBF with Dark Jedi, Sith, and Jedi. They should never be playable. Go play JO/JA for that. I'm glad that modding has started, but STAY AWAY FROM PUTTING JEDI IN THE GAME. It ruined JO/JA, with the stupid anti-laming, restricted Force, and lightsaber only things. The game is meant to be played properly. This may bring in the honor bull****.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, this isnt a forced download. I'm merely testing what possibilites the game engine allows us to mod, most of the changes are a great change just to have something new to play. After the umpteenth email about making a release I realized players just want to have fun seeing mods as they are created and to have some replay value. In no way is my release a Mulitplayer ready map (with jedi). You will see when you play it, this is a fun map mod, tons of vehicles, lots more action! Darth Vador is fun to play for about 8 seconds but I dont see there being an issue with this -=but you cant make them all happy=- ;) True SW Fans simply download the non jedi version i'm making available above which will do fine for MP servers.

Why did you do this? You are creating the risk of ruining SWBF with Dark Jedi, Sith, and Jedi. They should never be playable. Go play blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Also blah blah blah blah

You’re in an edit forum.

I only know 3D rendering software Unreal, 3D Max. This man's posts are teaching me how to use a hex editor and hopefully I can make some mods.

Majin Revan, post stuff here to help with editing, don't waste this thread on your opinion.

Vinny :)

I wont really go any further on explaining jedi feelings. This is the editing area of the site, and I'm a modder making tools for the peeps to learn more about editing the game/ extending the gameplay. If someone doesnt want jedi dont download the jedi version.

Modding = replay value. SWBF = game.

Originally posted by FF-Osilo

So many things wrong with this thread... the balance of good on this thread does not outweight that of the bad.

Oh damn, is that my opinion... *GASP*. I have fouled the thread. BLASPHEMY!

Worthless posts such as yours are the only thing fouling this thread. Whether you like the mod or not, don't bother posting unless you have something constructive to offer.

Everyone listen up.

I read before kingguro said he wouldnt make admin mods whatever where you can play em.

With no tools etc yet they're all seeing what their limit is.

This is an editing forum, the game and engine is out and they're now seein where the "edges" of their pre-tool editing lay.

They like editing, you like playing.

Now you need to apply em and cant join normal games etc. This is still different from a game where mods are automaticly loaded, server side patches etc. It's still different. See it as a SP mod instead of MP. It's just to play a bit around with it like the ewoks.

I suggest you all keep quiet unless its

a) bugs/requests

b) constructive feedback.

as long as its a sp modif. like this.

What are you afraid for if the majority doesn't want playable jedi?

Lendog, before you apply the patch backup the original mission.lvl and hot1.lvl, just drag em and press ctrl.

If you want to play normal again, rename (F2) the mission.lvl and hot1.lvl to, for example, hot1kingguru.lvl and missionkingguru.lvl,

and rename (click, f2) the "copy of mission.lvl" etc back to their normal filename. That way you can easily switch by renaming. Or just putting in other folders, whatever you like

Im making more improvements now for the non jedi version. The Xwing has only popped up once in a 20 minute game , thats no good, as well as the worthless ships in the rebel base, i may go back to the snow speeder to allow for atat srategy to come back in play. And just allow for 8 more spawn places (basically everywhere there used to be a tauntaun). Some for both sides. Glad most of you seem to enjoy the mods. Send pm if you get real lost

Archived