Home

AT-AT's crushing people?

mdirt

In my experience, whenever you touch the bottom of a foot of an AT-AT, you instantly die.

It's easy to die uner, but it's not that easy to get kills with. One, you can't see underneath you, and two, the people down there are more manuverable and if they have any sense at all they can no get squashed. But your teammates constatnyl spawning from the AT-AT, they get smashed all the time.

Don't expect to crush any Rebels with it. No enemy is going to take the effort to put himself under the foot. And if they try, the Imperials spawning at the AT-AT will wipe them up quick.

It's very easy to step on ally Pilots trying to repair the AT-AT, unfortunantly. :(

you know in real starwars life an AT-AT moves 80 kmph at top speed ? they might look slow but think about it... big legs and large strides.

so in reality, Atat moves like a faster then a elephant so in theory why destory the generator with lasers when you can just smash it to pieces?

the official starwars resource book with the techniquical specs to every piece of equipment including the EU ones.

and if you watch the movie and think of the ingame hoth level, you know just before it cursors on the map to choose your class you see like a massive ice rink ?

in the movies the atat's cross that in a matter of hours or less now think of the map with those ingame atats moving at their speed... in theory it would take more like a year to cross it to get to the generator if they were that slow.

I was going to be an ass and give a link to the main starwars site with it on, but they haven't put down its speed....

but the what they do give is 100% accurate to my book...

and Vigilate, I am glad you agree and in board theory you are a n00b and so am I and TK isn't... so what you call some one who was shown as a noob infront a bunch of noobs ? uber noob ?

Originally posted by xVigilantex

In anycase, the books are approved by Lucas, maybe they didn't have the walker moving that fast for technical reasons in the movie.

The reasons they had them going slow i think was

(a) They want their Ifantry support to be able to keep up.

(b) They don't want squash their Ifantry and At-St support.

© They probably didn't reckon on AT-ATs being deployed in sub-zero temps, and if they moved any faster thay might have broken a leg cause tha cold could freeze up some of its systems and joints.

(d) If they made them go 80kmph in SWBF the rebs. wouldn't have a chance.

Originally posted by Drazek

TK-8252 - 0

My Arguement and Fourm members Support - 1

Hey did you know there is a waterbase version of AT-AT (called Aquatic Terrian Armoured Transport) ?

it replaces the legs with repulsive lifts

Don't get cocky kid, we don't want to dethrone the king now, do we?

Archived