Home

Who Wants Remake Of Monkey Island I - Ii !!!

paprik

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually you were, you were comparing the sales figures of re releases of the Pacman game (a game that just about everyone loves and has been an all time favorite for years) to the idea of re-releasing Monkey Island, a game that whilst good, is by no means in the same ball park as Pacman in terms of popularity.

Also the fact that they are two totally different games seems to feature heavily, it's much easier to create a game exactly like Pacman with slightly better graphics and so on (hell, even in 3D it'd be easier than if Monkey Island were to be put into the style of CMI) than to totally redesign an adventure game where just about everything in it needs to be redesigned, and we're talking about a lot here. To re-release Pacman is easy to do and will bring in money, to re-release Monkey Island is just about the opposite.

A re-release of the old monkey island games in the style of the lucas arts adventure pack on the other hand (eg, exactly the same except they work on xp) would be easy to do, but Lucasarts have no incentive to do it and won't unless they make MI5 (which probably won't happen).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a little dizzy from reading all of this, but isn't the point of this disscusion about one person's attempt to revive the first two games in the series? And from that the best way to revive them; Original version as-it-was made compatible with XP, Original Version beefed-up, or New version but based on old vesion. On the revive issue alone I don't think the third and fourth games even apply to this discussion.

My opinions. Original Graphics but for XP. Although, if improved graphics is my only option I'll take that.

Voice overs would be a coin flip. What if you could toggle the voice overs on/off?

Above all else....

LEAVE THE STORY, GAME PLAY, AND PUZZLES EXACTLY AS THEY WERE!!!!

Here's an idea. If Lucasarts was involved, what if both games came in 2 disk cases with both the Original version and a version with voices and improved graphics. (Both for XP)

Now I leave you to agree, disagree, correct or debunk my opinions in the issues of preference and marketing.

• 3 months later...

For those people who dont have copies of the original games, or cant figure out how to use scummvm, I think it would be cool to have my MI1 and 2 on the go! Now that Nintendo has a touch screen maybe they could put it out on the DS. Like other people have mentioned, old games have been successfully ported in the past. I just wonder if other people remember or would like to play this way. It just seems like younger people wouldnt be put off about the pixel art when seeing it on handheld like they might on XP. What do you think?

• 1 month later...

Archived