Home

Who Wants Remake Of Monkey Island I - Ii !!!

paprik

Hi...my name is Patrik Spacek and I am 3D Artist and Animator.I am looking for somebody,who will help me with remaking of Monkey Island I and II.This project is just for free time,for fans,no charge and If you are keen on Monkey Island,lets make a freeware remake.We can make more publicity,when we'll have freeware demo...please let me know if you are interested.

Remake should be done for fun! no for money.Just to show everybody,there are people who can make it better (graphics) for newer computers and technology and developed it as a freeware! There are so many MI projects, which are not finished.I want my project finished and everybody in the world will see it and play it. I am looking for people who are interested, and if it is freeware you can developed it and put it on internet.I would like to make graphic similar to Syberia, and design should be same like is original game,thats mean all is going to be 3D,but style MI.If you are interested let me know.

Patrik

patrikspacek@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The Bard

NO it isn't. I"M just saying what i think just because it's small doesn't mean it's spam, k?

This thread has nothing to do with MI4 or how sucky it is, if your post is irrelevent, it is spam, fact. Please stop doing this before I report you to a supermod or admin.

In that case quote the person because it seems like you're saying that in response to what toenail said which just makes it irrelevent. and either way, 2 words is spam. If you could back that up with an argument, it may not be as much of spam, but it would cause the thread to go widely off topic so in other words, don't do it.

Originally posted by Fealiks

on-topic, I'd like a remake of 3&4 too. It might make MI4 an actually quite good game

So the only thing bad about EMI was the graphics? It would have been fine had it been stripped of everything but 16 colors and text dialogue and used a point 'n click engine?

In any event, call me a harsh, cynical bastard, but such ideas sound like unachievable fantasies from the minds of would-be fangame designers.

Monkey Island 1+2 don't have SVGA resolution (well, CMI's res could be better, too) nor voice output. There's room for improvement. It may also be room for worsening, but that's not the point. CMI is closer to perfection. EMI's problem isn't technical, but in the writing, design...

Loom shows that people can and do accept better versions.

Originally posted by Alien426

I'm not among their number. I found the CD-ROM version at least interesting, but if I were to introduce someone to the game or play through it again myself, I would choose the EGA floppy version without hesitation (unless of course I just happened to have a copy of the FM-towns version). I don't care if the graphics are bad compared to the 256 color version; I want all of the dialogue! Since the animators were unable to match the mouth movements with the voices for the closeup shots, they were removed and the dialogue was also greatly shortened and changed to fit it on a disc. It's a shame, too, because I liked the voices quite a bit. If only they had tackled the project a year or two later, they probably would have been capable of doing it correctly. As a result of performing this experiment a bit too early, it feels like a truncated version of the game.

Originally posted by Alien426

Monkey Island 1+2 don't have SVGA resolution (well, CMI's res could be better, too) nor voice output. There's room for improvement. It may also be room for worsening, but that's not the point. CMI is closer to perfection. EMI's problem isn't technical, but in the writing, design...

as far as i know, loom had dialogue taken out of the talkie version. I daresay that would happen to MI1 and 2 if they did it to that as there is too much dialogue to be recorded for every option and this would ruin the game for a lot of people. I personally wouldn't like an "improved" version of the two, to me, having the voices in my head and being able to decide for myself what people are talking like is perfect for me, actual voices is an absolution and leaves nothing to the imagination, nor does better graphics. I would prefer the version we have now.

Originally posted by Joshi

as far as i know, loom had dialogue taken out of the talkie version. I daresay that would happen to MI1 and 2 if they did it to that as there is too much dialogue to be recorded for every option and this would ruin the game for a lot of people.

I'm against a remake of these games, but are you sure about that? I mean, it was only a year or two after the Loom CD version that Fate of Atlantis Talkie was released, and I'm sure that had tons of more dialogue than Loom (which never had any dialogue trees and therefore no alternate lines, not to mention the game is rather short). I'm really not sure about this, but I also think that Fate may have had more lines than Monkey1. Either way, they could definitely do it today, but I wouldn't want them to for the other reasons you mentioned.

I'll admit that I'd love to hear Dominic Aramato read Guybrush's lines, and I'd even be intrigued to see the games in CMI style (especially after that one fan that I think Gabez put in another thread awhile back), but still the originals are classics and ultimately no other version would be as fulfilling.

Archived