Home

Telltale Games webchat

jp-30

Okay, about this Sam & Max 2/Bad Brain stuff...

I'm really hoping that Telltale becomes involved with this. If Connors is genuinely unaware of these supposed negotiations, I'm a bit troubled. I mean, who MAKES UP Bad Brain Entertainment? And if Telltale is has trouble striking a deal with LucasArts, how is it any easier for Bad Brain (assuming they're not just talking out of their ass)? Telltale and Autumn Moon have ex-LucasArts folks, and Telltale (at least) has former Freelance Police team members. Is Bad Brain supposed to be the developer?! Geeze, I want some clarification. And get Stemmle back on board, goddammit!

And on the other stuff: Good for Autumn Moon getting a publisher! As for Telltale's game...I guess it's not going to be an adventure franchise after all. I'm really curious to learn about the license now...

Well, Bad Brain is just a publisher. So I assume they'll buy the unfinished LucasArts game and give it to Autumn Moon to finish. And I would also assume Autumn Moon will bring Telltale Games on board to assist.

I'm not sure of the wiseness (is that a word) of leaking their plan before it's signed, sealed & delivered, but what's done is done.

If it is the unfinished code they're buying to finish up, Stemmle's influence will be all over it, whether or not he has anything to do with the last 20% of coding.

And for what it's worth I hope that the Telltale Team is brought on board with Autumn Moon to finish the game up.

> As for Telltale's game...I guess it's not going to be an adventure franchise after all. I'm really curious to learn about the license now...

They never said it was going to be an established Adventure Game license. Some people just assumed that. Most of us liked the idea of Bone or Hitchhikers Guide or whatever.

And anyone who thought it was going to be Monkey Island (or any other LucasArts owned IP) really needs a reality check.

Archived