Home

Episode 3 Trailer - Question

Darth Windu

Hi folks. Yesterday (for my birthday) i went to see 'Team America: World Police' and today went to see 'National Treasure'. Anyway, both films had the Ep3 teaser trailer, which i might add looks pretty darn good.

Getting to the point, without any spoilers, was it my imagination or did i see an X-wing at the end of the trailer?

Shok - thanks for the pic, i was quite suprised to see an X-wing (more or less) as well - i wonder which side uses it?

Viceroy - ah, so now EU has to compensate for getting things wrong...again. Initially, EU said the Z-95 was the precursor to the X-wing, now its the precursor to the precursor of the X-wing. :)

Shut up Windu with your wishful thinking the Z-95 is obviously not the precursor to the X-Wing and that was before Episde 2 was released especially iuf you read Cloak of Deception which is Pre-EP 1 and that has the Z-95 in use then.

Predictable Purists who think they know EU making assumptions and getting it wrong. now who would have guessed that.:p

From the Star Wars data base:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/z95headhunter/eu.html

"Developed in a cooperative venture between Incom Industries (now the Incom Corporation) and the now-defunct Subpro Corporation, the Z-95 is largely recognized as the premiere starfighter of its era, and the forerunner of the incredibly successful X-wing starfighter

The Z-95 has changed throughout the years, eventually evolving into the T-65 Incom X-wing starfighter. "

I was always under the impression that the Headhunter was the precursor to the X-wing. That is what the official data base says here by the way.

Nairb the Phrase Evolving actually fits in because there are several stages in evoloution first the Z-95 then the ARC-170 then the X-Wing.

As the page above shows however the Z-95 was in use long beofre the clone wars started so there is scope for another fighter to have been designed.

The Evidence is Indisputable.

Well, I'm not disagreeing with the good Viceroy about the ARC-170. Lucas has shown that it is now the father to the blessed X-wing. However, it has also been a long standing fact in the EU that the Z-95 was the predecessor to our precious snub-fighter. At first glance the two seem to be in conflict, however, when one reads my above posting of the database entry of the Headhunter, one can clearly see that the X-wing was based upon the Z-95 and that the ARC-170 has also come from that. The 170 has obviously influenced the X as well. I would look upon the Z-95 as the grandfather and the 170 as the father to the X-wing.

It looks to me that Lucas has trumped his EU slightly. In this case he didn't realy change it, but add to its course a little.

lol, believe it or not, I can actually admit when I am wrong. It has happened before and it will happen again, so it really doesnt bother me that much.

Viceroy - well done. Not only did you prove me wrong, but you did it in a calm, reasonable manner while using hard evidence to support - which is exactly how these sorts of arguments should be played out. Perhaps from now on you will stop flaming people (like Vostok) when they disagree with you or just to start an argument.

Well done :)

well It's fortunate that my scanner is able to take such a large book like Cloak od Deception otherwise I would have had to give a poage number since there would be no way I would actually rip out a page.

All EU will fit in it's just a case of re-interpretating what we know just like now with the Z-95 ARC-170 and the T-65 X-Wing.

You raise a god point about Vostok since he's away he's missed the benefit of this and if conversation wheels round to this again it may take a while to convince him. Anway i hope he enjoys Europe.

Archived