Home

Skywalker Robes and Jedi Whiskers 1.5

SuperSquall

I just churned out my first two official KotOR mods, so I thought I'd share them with the world.

The first is just a subtle tweak to the Jedi Whiskers Mod by Omegacron. I liked JW a lot but it replaced the head I always use so I just added a little tweak for making it a new PC head (and directions to help for everyone who might have .2da conflict from it).

The second is Luke's robes from Return of the Jedi. I saw someone request them on T7nowhere's thread and didn't think anyone did the project, so I thought they'd be a good start. They aren't in the ranks of svosh's work but as a first mod I'm pretty happy (I just wish they had more details, as I spent a lot of time making them look *plain*). For stats they offer the following:

Defense + 3

Strength + 2

Constitution + 2

Vitality + 2

I wanted something that was good but not overpowered, and where you'd really have to contemplate whether they are actually better than the Starforge/Revan robes or even Qel Droma. I haven't planted them in the game yet, I plan on making a couple new items and I'll put them in the game once I'm done.

You can download either at my website, and there are a handful of screenshots there as well:

http://pyrology.tuxable.com/kotor/

I'd be interested to hear what people think and if there is any recommendations for improvement (except for the screenshots, I know how to make them better next time, so don't worry) ;)

Nice work SuperSquall! :thumbsup:

And please don't take this as a slam, but I thought it was funny about your comment on working hard to make something 'plain'....that's SO true! The woes of skinning/texturing... hehe ;):lol:

Great work! oh, and I noticed the link...thanks! I've placed a link to your site on my site (bottom of the Mods section) as well! :D

Have you thought about releasing it on pcgamemods? It would get much more exposure, and relieve any bandwidth strains you may encounter in the future (make sure you get Omegacron's permission though, or perhaps do a Team Release?)

It's great to see so many new modders joining the fray. Keep up the great work!

Great work! oh, and I noticed the link...thanks! I've placed a link to your site on my site (bottom of the Mods section) as well! :D
Oh cool, thanks :)

Have you thought about releasing it on pcgamemods? It would get much more exposure, and relieve any bandwidth strains you may encounter in the future (make sure you get Omegacron's permission though, or perhaps do a Team Release?)
I thought about it but didn't know it was more than a file hosting site, so I've submitted my registration now. Thanks for the tip :) I'll talk to Omegacron about JW1.5

Don't take this the wrong way, I mean, what you have on the skywalker robes is a good start, but I'd like some sort of a revamp to the skywalker robes. The costume Luke wore in RotJ wasn't a robe really, it was just black boots, black pants, a black long sleeve top, and a black belt, and of course, 1 black glove (though for this game's purposes 2 black gloves is accetable), the top having kinda an offset from the center (to the right) closure that when folded down makes that white flap. It's a simple garment, without any robe tails or anything, the shirt ends at the belt. It's a suit designed to be easy to move in. So basically what I'm asking is if you or someone else if you don't want (I gave my try at skinning, I suck at graphical art) use a different model, I'll try to find one that's good to start on, and skin/texture that the way you have this robe.

While I'm at it, I guess this should be in the requests thread, but T7.. are you in the process of making Luke's hilt from RotJ by any chance? :) It's similar to Old Ben's, but with a larger box on the side and green blade of course. Ah... I love shem's rotj lightsaber sounds too. Sound deeper and more vibrant.

Oh yeah, and T7, an icon file for Qui-Gon's hilt iw_lghtsbr72.tga is needed

Originally posted by DarthVaxis

Don't take this the wrong way, I mean, what you have on the skywalker robes is a good start, but I'd like some sort of a revamp to the skywalker robes.

Then make your own mod. I'm serious. Modding is fairly easy and it's fun. This is a very simple mod so you can make it however you want it to be :)

The costume Luke wore in RotJ wasn't a robe really, it was just black boots, black pants, a black long sleeve top, and a black belt, and of course, 1 black glove (though for this game's purposes 2 black gloves is accetable), the top having kinda an offset from the center (to the right) closure that when folded down makes that white flap. It's a simple garment, without any robe tails or anything, the shirt ends at the belt. It's a suit designed to be easy to move in.
Yes I had several screenshots of Luke to base it on. I also took some liberties with it so I wouldn't erase every single detail on it. You could probably make a more accurate texture be erasing everything and just painting the entire targa solid black. I believe I also explained in the description of the item that they were modeled after his outfit, not an exact duplicate - I wasn't trying to make a model for LucasArts to use in their next game featuring Luke, just a fun set of robes modeled after him :p

So basically what I'm asking is if you or someone else if you don't want (I gave my try at skinning, I suck at graphical art) use a different model, I'll try to find one that's good to start on, and skin/texture that the way you have this robe.
If you find a better model to base it on I would be happy to adapt the texture for it. Some of the clothing bases would've worked better but there are some texturing issues that can arise unless you were to say something like "only Juhani can wear them" which isn't what I wanted to do. Either way - if you can find a better model to map the texture onto then just tell me which one.

Oh yeah, and T7, an icon file for Qui-Gon's hilt iw_lghtsbr72.tga is needed
Maybe PM him about that rather than posting in a thread about a different topic, eh? ;)

Archived