Home

Boy Named Osama

kipperthefrog

I'm not a religious man, but:

Hate the sin, don't hate the sinners.

Sure, it's horrible to pick on someone because of their name. But perhaps you should try to look it from the offenders' view from time to time, rather than condemning them to death and torture (which is IMO far more horrible than to pick on someone).

Right, fellas?

Originally posted by Breton

I'm not a religious man, but:

Hate the sin, don't hate the sinners.

Sure, it's horrible to pick on someone because of their name. But perhaps you should try to look it from the offenders' view from time to time, rather than condemning them to death and torture (which is IMO far more horrible than to pick on someone).

Right, fellas?

I agree with you, but I think they might just have been a wee bit sarcastic though. :p

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

Wouldn't torture make you just as bad as the bullies are?

No, torture is ok as long as you are the good guys... haven't you been paying attention to rumsfeld's sermons? :D

Teasing is always going to go on, unfrtunately... but when it comes to throwing rocks it gets serious...

But perhaps you should try to look it from the offenders' view from time to time

I don't get it..... why am I trying to pretend to be an idiot that makes fun of someone because they have a common name with a terrorist? I don't understand the logic in this. Am I supposed to feel sorry for them for being idiots?

Man that sucks, If i was the kid I'd wan't to change my name, he shouldn't have to though.

I'm sure the same thing happened to anyne called "Adolf Hitler" 50 years ago, but you know one thing, there will be no more people called Osama Bin Laden.

come to think about it Jesus was a pretty comon name about 2005 years ago, don't get so many people called that now do you?

Originally posted by jon_hill987

come to think about it Jesus was a pretty comon name about 2005 years ago, don't get so many people called that now do you?

I think Jesus is a pretty common name in latin america, especially Jesus Maria...

My firstborn son will be named God-Lucifer >_>

I don't care if you like them or not, as long as you don't view them as sub-human and deservable of torture and death.

They're not sub-human. The fact that they tease and torture this kid because of his name proves they're human. I just don't see how you think I could even justify their actions by thinking about if I were in their shoes. Do I think they deserves to die? no, but I do feel they deserve to suffer consequences greater than that given out nowadays.

Man that sucks, If i was the kid I'd wan't to change my name, he shouldn't have to though.

he shouldn't have to change his name, like you said.

I'm sure the same thing happened to anyne called "Adolf Hitler" 50 years ago, but you know one thing, there will be no more people called Osama Bin Laden.

many Germans themselves had to go into hiding (when concerned about their heritage came up). Many germans named Adolf were persecuted, many killed.

I believe Jesus' real name was Joshua, and Jesus (Iesus) was his Greek name, and not as common as Osama is in muslim culture.

Archived