Home

Boy Named Osama

kipperthefrog

Here is the news link about...

well, this link speaks for itself.

-Here-

I say it's wrong to pick on omeone like this. That don't mean he's a terrorost. If kids have enough free time to to treat people like that, the schools must not keep them very busy. just becuase they share the same name does not mean they are alike.

Kids are cruel. Kids have always been cruel, and kids will always be cruel.

That doesn't make this right, and I feel terrible for that kid, but kids will ALWAYS find somebody who is different to pick on, and I blame a lot of that on parents not teaching tolerance to their children.

Originally posted by ZBomber

I don't think Osama is a very un-common name.... is it?

No, I've heard of several Muslims who's names are either Osama or end with "bin Laden". "bin" means "son of" in Arabic, so Anyone who's father is named Laden would have a name ending with bin Laden.

Originally posted by Kain

Maybe he should blow em all up?

I desperately hope it won't end that way. :(

Osama is a very common name. Sheet, Hussein is even more common. I have at least 3 uncles with Hussein as either a first or last name. And yes, "Bin" is a name prefix. 'Bin-Laden" The family name is Laden. Latin derived(Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese etc) names have something similar, in teh form of 'De' or 'Del' :

eg. Robert De Niro

eg. Benicio Del Toro

capish ?

yeah, I feel sorry for that kid. I myself have had to not use my given name for the sake of not upsetting the intolerant in my community ... it sucks :(

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Osama is a very common name. Sheet, Hussein is even more common. I have at least 3 uncles with Hussein as either a first or last name. And yes, "Bin" is a name prefix. 'Bin-Laden" The family name is Laden. Latin derived(Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese etc) names have something similar, in teh form of 'De' or 'Del' :

eg. Robert De Niro

eg. Benicio Del Toro

capish ?

yeah, I feel sorry for that kid. I myself have had to not use my given name for the sake of not upsetting the intolerant in my community ... it sucks :(

mtfbwya

I don't think your name is upsetting at all. I must've missed something.

But yeah, it's crap like this that make me glad i'm homeschooled.

So, what's the big deal? It's not like he is the only person with a name that people are unfamilar with. Like someone said, kids will kids. Is it bad that they make fun of him? Yeh. But it's not like he's getting threats or anything.

Must have been a slow news day.....

Originally posted by ZBomber

So, what's the big deal? It's not like he is the only person with a name that people are unfamilar with. Like someone said, kids will kids. Is it bad that they make fun of him? Yeh. But it's not like he's getting threats or anything.

Must have been a slow news day.....

Um, in case you missed this, it's not just unfamiliar, it's akin to Osama Bin Laden.

The biggest problem here, as I see it, is not necessarily the children.

Granted, they are little **** holes for picking on a kid because of his name, but where the hell are the parents and teachers in this? The teachers should have been smart enough to KNOW that boy could be a serious target for bullies after september 11th, and if they SAW any they should have been contacting the parents of the bullies and Osama.

And any parent of a child who did bully Osama should be ashamed that they haven't taught tolerance to their children by the time they're 8 years old.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

And any parent of a child who did bully Osama should be ashamed that they haven't taught tolerance to their children by the time they're 8 years old.

Word. Kids made fun of my name 'til oh, 7th grade or so? I mean, nothing's wrong with it as far as I know, it's just not as common in the US as it is in say (former)Yugoslavia, Greece, etc...

The name's "Nikola" btw. They call me Nick for short. :p

Archived