Home

How Come You Can't Equip....

McPurplesaber

Originally posted by XBebop

I'm sure that will be the very first mod for the PC.

There are dozens of far more important things to be done before getting to that...

As far as I can see there is no actual mask model for Nihilus' Mask, the mask is actually part of Nihilus face so that cannnot be equipped by the PC, so for it to be equippable as a seperate mask, either we will have to find an unused mask model for Nihilus mask (Similar to Revan's in KOTOR) somewhere in the game files, or the model format will have to be re-cracked to allow a mask that our PC's can wear to be created.

It is a cool idea though. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

...or the model format will have to be re-cracked to allow a mask that our PC's can wear to be created.

Did they really change the model format that much? Do the old tools and methods still work for KotOR II?

I don't know yet about the model format but if they changed it, the changes are certainly not major ( I doubt Obsidian would have taken time to convert all the stuff they re-used).

The other files are 99% the same and kotor tool works fine :) There are some new scripting functions, new .2da files but that's about all.

Originally posted by C. Skye

Did they really change the model format that much? Do the old tools and methods still work for KotOR II?

Don't know... TSL isn't out for PC yet... But, due to the posts over at the OE boards by the developers stating that they had the model format changed.

It might just be a load of... :roleyess: well... but, until we get the PC version we just won't know for sure if OE changed everything or just the body models.

Like so much else we will know when we have the game on our HDD's. :D

Archived