Home

Finally accused of cheating, how about you?

Kurgan

I've never called anyone a cheater in my whole gameing life ((Which is like, 7 years or so... by my MP gaeming life is only less then 2 years :()) but I never will unless I have completely absolutely solid proof. I hate it when people call peopel cheaters, but I haven't seen much of it on X-box live, which is good. And here is a good come back to people who whine about typeing... "If you worrie so much about people killing you while typein, go get x-box live. Or internet for you PS2.. etc."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an interesting conversation just now. Someone was complaining about weapon balance, so I said all the weapons were balanced. His response was something along the lines of "You think so, eh?" I said yes, and claimed that every weapon has a counter. The strange thing was, he never argued with me and stopped complaining for the rest of the match. I guess he didn't really have anything to say in his defence, and just wanted to complain.

WoooWeee,

Thats what I said when I checked my mail today. We have an official answer from LucasArts Technical support regarding the issue of the "speed hack detected" message.

Here it is.

Hello,

1. see information.

2 and 3. We have no information on future enhancements/releases at technical

support, keep an eye on the forums for Republic Commando for any announcements

relating to such.

That error message indicates that you or one of the other players had a bad

connection to the server, and that will generate that speed hack detected

message.

Your customer number is *******

Please refer to case #:: ******* if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at

http://support.lucasarts.com. Please include all previous replies when/if

responding to this message.

Best Regards,

*******. at LucasArts Technical Support

There you have it. Straight from the people themselves. Its a connection problem.

I also asked about the extra content and mod tools, like when they'd be released and what the extra content was but was told the tech help people aren't privy to that information if they were I'd gladly have been given it.

Gotta say, Hats off to the LucasArts tech people cause I've gotten more straight answers with these guys than I have with some other tech people from other games.

So Tech support's opinion is that:

"Speed Hack Detected" = "Connection Interrupted" in this game?

Cool... and that's a relief. Too bad it will continue to fuel paranoia about cheaters until such time (if any) that they fix it. They should just change it to "connection interrupted" in the patch to avoid confusion...

• 2 weeks later...

The 'speed hack detected' message strikes again. I was in a game with two other people, and one of them was a friend of mine. The third one apparently got the 'speed hack detected' message, and claimed that someone was cheating. I told him that it was just related to lag, and that no one was cheating. He then said that he had a low ping, and refused to believe it. I tried telling him that lucasarts said it was not due to hacks, that no working hacks exist for rc, asked him if any one was moving faster then normal, and told him he could leave if he thought we were cheating. He claimed that all games have hacks, even if it takes years to find them. He had no reply to my other points, and didn't leave. I told him that hacks are seperate programs from the game, and that none exist for rc, but he still refused to believe me. Then he started getting really annoying. He claimed that he was better then me (as irrelevent as it is, I don't know how he determined this within minutes of the beginning of the game), comparing IQs (surprise, surprise, mine was nearly 30 points higher, and he tried to defend his by saying he was 13, and seemed unable to grasp the concept of that being irrelevant), trying to claim that the conc rifle was exclusively 'his' weapon, and accusing us of being invisible for hiding or shooting him from the side. At this point, I determined that there was no reasoning with him, and admitted i was hacking (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em).

Ah yes, it's fun when you say you are hacking. Kind of brings them to a impass. What are they going to do now? (Unless they're are the hoster and are really so touchy that they shut it down)

Well. Good to know it's a Connection Interrupted thing. But as hjekk's little experience proved, most of the hacker accusers probably won't beleive it.

Yeah, I could care less if somebody whines and leaves (unless they're the host admin), what bugs me is if their crap rhetoric is believed by other people, thus leading to the entire game breaking down as everyone stops playing and starts whining and/or leaves, emptying it out.

Usually in games if I'm winning (only then, mind you) I get accused of being "cheap" and a "noob" if I get kills with certain weapons (usually the AA, but not always).

Also if I shoot somebody close range with explosives and survive (usually with 1 health and no shields) yet they die, they start to whine. I admit, I get far too many deaths, 'cause I tend to have an itchy trigger finger with explosives. ;)

I've only met one player so far who consistently got kills with the Rifle, even against most weapons. Most people either suck with it, or don't use it, so if that's the only "honorable skillful weapon" then they can just take their own advice. I mean, if it means so much to handicap yourself to prove your "skillz" go for it, but if somebody else chooses not to, why throw a hissy fit? People's egos are disproportionate in size to their skill level in these games.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Yeah, I could care less if somebody whines and leaves

couldn't* :p

Although I've had moments of wanting to whine at explosive "overuse", when there's someone running at me I generally throw a grenade by instinct anyway. Not that it makes any difference, with crappy shooting like mine.

However, the game will be quite a bit more fun if people use a variety of weapons, not just one nearly all the time; and that includes nades.

In my experience, most people do use a variety of weapons most of the time. And I've never seen a person fighting with just grenades (you only get so many, unless of course the server had "weapon stay" on).

Yeah, I could care less if somebody whines and leaves (unless they're the host admin)

Same here. What tends to annoy me is when they whine and don't leave. If you think people are cheating, or the server is not acceptable for some reason, why hang around? This game must be full of masochists or something. Of course, this is easily remedied by annoying them back or ignoring them. It just confuses me mostly.

I did get called a ****er for camping. In my defence, I was just practicing my sniping, and didn't want someone spawning right next to me (it was team deathmatch, and I just stayed on my side of the map). The good thing was that someone immediately told that person to stop whining. My response was just something along the lines of 'Meh. Do you know a better way to snipe?'

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

'Meh. Do you know a better way to snipe?'

Exactly. When I find myself losing a 1vs1 battle, and all of a sudden an allies sniper shot comes out of nowhere, it gives me qutie a bit of relief. :D Sniper rifles aren't a weapon of assualt, or for moving targets. They're meant for stationing yourself in a strategic area.

So those who have seen it, where does it appear?

Although I don't own the game and it does run off of a UT engine, I have on occasions gotten that in UT2004.. I think it was address in a patch and it stopped doing it for me, so more over an error.

• 2 years later...

I know the last post is two years old, but I will post this for new people that see this....

"Speed Hack Detected" appears to me EVERY game I play, even if I host it. However, I didn't do anything to my game, all I did was install it. It doesn't appear to do anything, other then lag me for the next couple of seconds, but it only appears once per game.

• 8 months later...

Archived