Home

What did you like about the game?

90SK

I'm utterly sick of everyone complaining about this and that with KotOR 2. Lets hear what everyone likes about the game!

Just list what you liked about the game/ posotive experiences with the game.

Please, No Negativity at all, ever. There are plenty of other threads for that.

I guess I'll start:

I loved the score for the game. It really added atmosphere to everything, especially the Ebon Hawk. It was also a refreshing change over the normal SW "Epic" music (not that its bad, its just nice to have a change).

I thought the planet transitions were much better (hyperspace scenes, planetary introductions, etc.) Also, the cutscenes when your character boards the Ebon Hawk were great, and added a sense that the crew was alive, and not just standing there until you place them in your party.

One thing that I thought was a nice touch was the villany. Yeah yeah, I only saw Nihilus twice throughout the entire game, and Sion was underexplaned, but they were good villains in my opinion (mainly they didn't laugh in a sinister manner all the time while clutching thier chest *ahem*Malak*aham* ;) )

i love how they set up the storyline. that was ingenius if you ask me. the ending was a bit disappointing, but thats another 50 threads....

i also liked the development of the main character. once you get all the info on the exile, its just awesome.

the music was some of the best music anybody has ever put in a game with the exceptions of halo and tcor:efbb (out of the games that i've played). just wish it sounded just a bit better.....

there's a bunch of other things that i like about kotor2, i just don't feel like listing all of them. :D

C.Skye, man, just thank frig for starting this thread - there is way too much TSL-bashing going on around here which is a shame cos there are so many great things about this game, e.g.

- music: awesome, much more atmospheric than Kotor's

- atmosphere: the dark tone was great and refreshing for a SW story (I just pray ROTS will be equally dark)

- jedi training: a brilliant addition cos, well, you get to have your own padawans!

- party splitting: this provides a sense of the epic to the game and is very SW-like. TPM and ROTJ are good examples of multiple battles going on at the same time, which up the tempo of the story and the bit with the youknowwho tomb in TSL is one of my favourite bits - would definately like more of this for Kotor 3

- story: very involving and less simplistic compared to Kotor. Issues of morality very interesting

- datapads: you could actually read them when you picked them up rather than sift through a gazillion items you've picked up, wahay!

- robes: what a difference something as small as this can make. Having proper Jedi robes as opposed to tunics dramatically improved the aesthetic quality of the game, it looks like SW and it looks great

- not getting ambushed by starfighters every other time you leave a planet: that really pissed me off in the last game

- metal bikini: I'm not going to elaborate.

I'm probably going to restate what other have said, but here goes nothing.

1. I heart the score. I really do. I've added the score it to my iTunes playlist on my Mac and listen to it frequently.

2. I loved the confusion... to a certain extent. It really made me actually think and not just mindlessly plow through googles of grunts.

3. HK-47 and T3. Need I say more?

4. I loved how the two different paths in the game (light and dark) are even more different from each than they were in KotOR. I also liked how you got different party members for your alignment (Light: Handmaiden and Mira, Dark: Disciple and Hanharr).

5. I heart the dark atmosphere in the game. I can't get enough of a dark Star Wars story.

6. I thought it was awesome how powerful you get in the later games. As a dark-sider, I could slaughter a few dozen Sith in two turns of combat.

7. It's KotOR! The best (if the only) Star Wars RPG ever made. We love you Obsidian, despite some of your faults.

:)

1. The "screenplay" of this game was phenomenal. Whoever wrote the script, especially the dialogue, is a flipping genius. Some of the monologues, especially Kreia's, were better than the writing in the actual Star Wars movies. From Kreia's amazingly profound lessons on the nature of the Force and the Sith to HK-47's hilariously malevolent dialogue and Hanharr's gripping story about his tribe, this was some serious top notch storytelling. Lucas should definitely take note - this is what his prequels were missing.

2. Battle Style - At first I was a little bit wary of not being able to control my jedi character in the 1st person shooter combat style, but the ability to micromanage an entire team of jedi and unleash them against a pitiful band of enemies is about the most fun thing i could ever imagine doing in a videogame.

3. Force Powers - There are a ton of them, and they're all amazing. I am hard pressed to find a force power they left out that would have been useful (Force Avalanche would have been overkill. Maybe force weapon pull would have been useful, but Stasis/Insanity does the job fine).

Originally posted by legameboy

4. I loved how the two different paths in the game (light and dark) are even more different from each than they were in KotOR.

Still they were a bit too similar for me and I'd have preferred a bigger difference between the two (I'm not being negative, before you start chucking the tomatoes, I'm just saying I'd have preferred this that's all! It's still good!) :p

I agree to most of the above mentioned

Some (but defintly not all) highpoints:

teaching your party members as Jedi

real Jedi robes

huge item upgrade posibilities

the story buildup was great as well

HK dialog where he imitates Bastila, I still laugh when I hear it

nearly forgot one:

In the end-game and you play DS the picture of the Sith Lord in the menu is you :evil5:

I really like how the darkside is represented in this game compared to the last one. That everyone notice how your face looks is just awesome and really adds to the realism and immersion. You get more and better conversation choices too, so you can play as a much more believable ds character than you could in KOTOR.

And another great thing is that you get the chance to really play as a darkside character throughout the whole game, there's not one big turning point where you must choose to embrace the darkside or not, like in the last one.

It's great with all the new feats and powers you can learn too, the new interface is awesome, and there are a lot of great new details, like after you've collected the items in a box it says 'empty', so you don't have to open boxes again if you forget you've already done it, and that the datapads show up on the screen when you find them, like someone else pointed out, is handy.

When I first learned that the game didn't have a level cap (I know it's 50 but it's impossible to reach it without a glitch) I didn't like it but now that I've played through the game twice I think it's a good feature. I don't think you get so powerful that it gets boring, I actually had considerable trouble with the final boss the first time I beat it (I was a consular/sith lord though, so my health wasn't that high).

I also like that you play a jedi character from the start, so you don't have to save levels to get all the force powers you want, like in the last game.

So I think this game has a lot of improvements over the predecessor, really. It was a shame Obsidian didn't get enough time to finish it properly.

Originally posted by Palpatine_dc

In the end-game and you play DS the picture of the Sith Lord in the menu is you :evil5:

I don't know if this happens to you but for some reason my PC never has the dark side facial features when s/he's on the startup screen. It's just normal face and that evil pose.:confused:

I don't think you get so powerful that it gets boring, I actually had considerable trouble with the final boss the first time I beat it

I think I'm right in saying that when you level up, so do all the enemies - so regardless of what level you're on, so long as it's not level 2 or something ridiculous like that, difficulty will be more or less the same. So I don't think you could ever get so powerful that the game would be boring.

I loved the new battle animations for the melee fighting. Especially the last one with Power Attack.

Robes. Wow, much better this time around. I just love it when the cloak sways in the air, especially during melee fights. :hearteye:

Kreia. An intriguing and mysterious character.

The story. The sense of desperation as a lightsider was very cool. When you're the last known Jedi and you have the Sith right behind you....

i love how they set up the storyline.

I heart the score.

atmosphere: the dark tone was great

It's KotOR! The best (if the only) Star Wars RPG ever made. We love you Obsidian, despite some of your faults.

All of the above.

C.Skye, man, just thank frig for starting this thread - there is way too much TSL-bashing going on around here which is a shame cos there are so many great things about this game

Indeed. It's 1/2 the reason I hardly frequent this board anymore. I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to express their opinions on the subject, it just gets tiresome with thread after thread about the same thing. /End Negativity/

Good on ya Skye!! :thumbsup:

Just wanted to add another thing because every other thread here mentions something negative. :o

The cameos. During our adventure, we'll always wondering about what's happened with our previous heroes. It'll great to know some of their fates, and discover that they're closer then you think. It's also cool to know what Revan's been up to.

I've done some bashing of TSL and I believe people somehow got the idea that I don't like the game or that I think it's bad. That is not the case. My bashing is very context specific for some of the issues it presents. If I had to say something about the entirety of the game it would get ultrahighscores, in my book. As it is a very good and solid game. Now on to the praising.

I liked that they actually handled it as a sequel and that they tried to extend and improve K1 instead of re-invent it, which is so popular nowadays. They broke K1 into bullet-points and extended them (level caps, force powers, labstation and workbench upgrades, influence sytem, etc.) or in other cases improved them (feats, jedi prestige classes, inventory system, battle animations, etc.).

I liked the fact that they dropped the interface they had in the gameplay videos and changed it into one similar of K1 but green instead of blue.

On my first playthrough I had not read up on anything spoilerish so I had no idea I could make my teammates jedi. Imagine my surprise! It felt awesome. Unfortunately that was the end of the road, there was nothing more beyond that, so that could be improved for the next installment.

I like Mira, because she looks like my fiancée.

I like G0-T0 because he is the most interesting character. There's something very old-school about him, that just pushes all the right buttons. And his yacht... man that is such a 60-s - 70-s interior decoration orgasm, reminiscent of the old "Lost in Space"/"Flash Gordon-ish" series. Superb!

I like Kreias dialogues and that she makes me absolutely mad. Unfortunately the exile acts kind of stupid towards her, as he accepts most of what she says. But she is a wonderfully written character, with interesting dialogues/monologues.

I like the dark undertone of the storyline although I have some reservations towards some of the plot-devices

(Nihilus, void in the force, death of the force, the last jedi)

but the overly dark mood that permeates the game and its feel is just beautiful.

I generally liked the new stuff brought by K2. Like the interface improvements (though they should have used the same blue as in K1). Though most things could have been worked out better. I like it that the turret games are optional now, though the game didn't have many in it, and I couldn't get HK to let me have a go at the simulator (like he did in K1).

Training party members as jedi was fun, but again, it could be improved. It didn't really feel like taking a padawan, since you can train nearly everybody as a jedi. I really think they should have let you choose only one. The regeneration system was ver usefull as well, it saved me a lot of time in those situations I had to heal up just one point.

Although I actually prefer K1 music K2 music wasn't bad at all. The bad guys seemed much more evil then Malak, but they didn't really feel like Sith to me (makes a nice change though), in the way that they were suffering, not planning to take over the galaxy.

Some of the dialog options were pretty funny as well, especially HK's bad voice imitations of your previous party members. Like Bastila

Oh master I love you, but I hate all that you stand for. I think we should press our slimy mucus covered lips together in the cargo hold

But I'm still deciding on whether K1 or K2 was funnier. I also like the influence, though I'm not sure if it wasn't in K1. Some things seemed to matter on how other party member reacted on you, though it might have been alignment based. Influence could be worked out better though. If in K3 you're Revan again you should have full influence with T3 and HK, because they are your droids, it also shouldn't change. And it was pretty easy to avoid losing influence by removing somebody from your party and right back in afterwards.

Archived