Home

Jedi Master Robes

Originally posted by Arlen Treesong

Where are the TGA's located for them? I get to PMBJ for the Jalshey armor and whatnot but cannot find them after that. I found the females but the males seem to be evading me. :confused:

dont get me started on this

i spent 3 hours last night trying to find the textures, and then trying to figure out WHY the female ones didnt work..

then i realized i added the item while my game was loaded, so it WONT work until i restarted.

i wanted to shoot myself, lol.

FYI...

The male and female robes although .tga wise look the same, the models are different (I think). The reason why I think they are, is the "wrapping" difference on male vs female is the belt is different on m vs f. You can recolor on a female .tga say the left belt with a little white square, then save and reload the game. It appears on her belt where you intended BUT On a male I noticed that little white square might be in the middle, might be on the right. In my head it sorta reminded me of an actual belt; different fits on m vs f (like the male had to let it out a bit I guess).

Hope that helps when your skinning :)

Originally posted by Nasadus

Then how come those robes don't look the same on male and female.If i paint a Jedi Master robe totally blue and equip it on a male it will look blue but when i put on a female it looks totally different.It's driving me nuts.

You need two textures. What people mean when they say that males and females use the same textures is that the texture files *MAP* exactly the same way. You still need both files. When a male equips Jedi Master Robe 15 (Nomi's Robe) the game looks for texture PMBI15. When a female equips the same the game looks for texture PFBI15. The game is looking for totally different files. The catch is this: the textures are mapped from the graphic file in the same way. This means you can just make a copy of the male version of the file and rename it into the female naming scheme.

So. If you made a reskin of Nomi's Robe you would have a file called PMBI15.tga. That's fine and nice. When your male character equips Nomi's Robe the reskin will show up, but when a female character equips it it will go back to the original robe because the game doesn't have a file called PFBI15 in the Override folder. You need to duplicate PMBI15 and then rename if PFBI15. Once you do that it will be reskinned for both males and females.

Originally posted by SuperSquall

You need two textures. What people mean when they say that males and females use the same textures is that the texture files *MAP* exactly the same way. You still need both files. When a male equips Jedi Master Robe 15 (Nomi's Robe) the game looks for texture PMBI15. When a female equips the same the game looks for texture PFBI15. The game is looking for totally different files. The catch is this: the textures are mapped from the graphic file in the same way. This means you can just make a copy of the male version of the file and rename it into the female naming scheme.

So. If you made a reskin of Nomi's Robe you would have a file called PMBI15.tga. That's fine and nice. When your male character equips Nomi's Robe the reskin will show up, but when a female character equips it it will go back to the original robe because the game doesn't have a file called PFBI15 in the Override folder. You need to duplicate PMBI15 and then rename if PFBI15. Once you do that it will be reskinned for both males and females.

Actually I found that the game doesn't even recognize PM and only reads a PF wether male or female, infact there is no male texture for the knight and master robes.

Originally posted by Arlen Treesong

Actually I found that the game doesn't even recognize PM and only reads a PF wether male or female, infact there is no male texture for the knight and master robes.

Both SuperSquall and you are correct. :)

Just to clairify:

--------------------------------------------------

Robe Model I: The thinner Padawan level robe model PMBI and PFBI uses Male and Female Textures, PMBI and PFBI respectively.

Robe Model N: The thicker Knight/Master robe model, PMBN and PFBN use only the PFBN texture for both models... no Male texture is in the game files.

I hope this helps to avert confusion! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Both SuperSquall and you are correct. :)

Just to clairify:

--------------------------------------------------

Robe Model I: The thinner Padawan level robe model PMBI and PFBI uses Male and Female Textures, PMBI and PFBI respectively.

Robe Model N: The thicker Knight/Master robe model, PMBN and PFBN use only the PFBN texture for both models... no Male texture is in the game files.

I hope this helps to avert confusion! :D

But you could add it, coudn't you? All you'd have to do is alter the "texn" settings in the appearance.2da file for the males you can select at player creation and your NPCs to use "PMBN" and then create the images for it.

Originally posted by Lord Odin

But you could add it, coudn't you? All you'd have to do is alter the "texn" settings in the appearance.2da file for the males you can select at player creation and your NPCs to use "PMBN" and then create the images for it.

Yes... but, now I must ask in return... why would you want to?

First, if OE didn't include male textures for the Model N robes then it really isn't needed.

Second, this would require an appearance.2da edit (Something that should be avoided at all costs IMO), for something that really doesn't matter.

Third, having one skin for Male and Female models is a blessing when you are making textures... believe me. ;)

Originally posted by RedHawke

Yes... but, now I must ask in return... why would you want to?

First, if OE didn't include male textures for the Model N robes then it really isn't needed.

Second, this would require an appearance.2da edit (Something that should be avoided at all costs IMO), for something that really doesn't matter.

Third, having one skin for Male and Female models is a blessing when you are making textures... believe me. ;)

I myself have no desire to do so at the moment, however I wouldn't rule out someone wishing to create a different set of male textures for their own custom robe. If that person were to browse through this thread and see that female textures were used on both, they may think it impossible to do that. I only wanted to bring it up in order to dispel that notion, though it is at the cost of editing the appearance file.

They aren't "needed", but (and no offense to anyone) most mods aren't "needed" either. They are a want of the creator and user alike, much like seperating male and female textures may be a want of another person. ;)

I agree with you here, in that by providing a mod with any 2da edits it's less universal with some other mods unless the user "merges" the two files; especially as not everyone wants to edit things, they just want to download and play. On the flipside, editing the appearance file allows me to not look at the Jal Shey type armors, which I find totally silly, especially on the males

:p

Yes, this I understand all too well :p Having swapped out the Jal Shey with another armor, I have to do some kind of conversion for all those armors.

Archived