Home

What are the chances...

Lord Haine

What are the chances of Lucas re making all the old trilogy, with the same storyline and everything, just using the actors that are in Ep 1 2 and 3 and new computer graphics and stuff, but having the same sets and storyline, so dont change anything drastic, just make it look alot better?

Ive been thinking about it for a while, it would be so cool to see the original trilogy brought back to life, and i mean, they would make loads more money so...

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

That's stupid.

Makes no sense either, Alec IS old Ben Kenobi.

???

I mean using the new Obi, (Ewan McGregor) and remaking the old films with the new actors, e.g

Ewan McGregor .... Obi-Wan Kenobi

Natalie Portman .... Sen. Padmé Amidala

Hayden Christensen .... Anakin Skywalker

Christopher Lee .... Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus

Samuel L. Jackson .... Mace Windu

Frank Oz .... Yoda (voice)

Ian McDiarmid .... Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Pernilla August .... Shmi Skywalker-Lars

Temuera Morrison .... Jango Fett

Daniel Logan .... Boba Fett

Jimmy Smits .... Sen. Bail Organa

Jack Thompson .... Cliegg Lars

Leeanna Walsman .... Zam Wesell

Ahmed Best .... Jar Jar Binks (voice)

Rose Byrne .... Dormé

And all new effects and graphics and stuff

First of all, most of these characters are dead or don't have a role to play during the original trilogy. :rolleyes: Also, frank Oz is already playing Yoda's part in the OT, same thing with Ian McDiarmind. And as much as I like Ewan ans Obi, I think it would truly suck to replace Alec Guiness. And who would you cast as Luke, Han and Leia ?

Bleh... I hope this doesn't happen.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I know, and I'm saying you can't because Alec Guiness IS Old Ben Kenobi. It just can't be Old Ben without Guiness.

Ohhh i see,

well, fair enough, i was just wondering what you guys thought and i guess it was a pretty stupid idea... nevermind. Back to KotOR2 lol :D

I hate the idea too.

I guess that there are one or two things that you could re cast, but it would be stupid and/or pointless.

EG

What would be the point of recasting Darth Vader as Hayden Christensen if you only see his face for about 30 seconds in the whole trilogy.

Also Anikin/Vader in those scenes is meant to be old because it is showing he grow old and scared ect.

And I agree with Insanesith that Obi-wan is Alec Guiness. He cant be anyone else - out of principle!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
What are the chances of Lucas re making all the old trilogy, with the same storyline and everything, just using the actors that are in Ep 1 2 and 3 and new computer graphics and stuff, but having the same sets and storyline, so dont change anything drastic, just make it look alot better?

Ive been thinking about it for a while, it would be so cool to see the original trilogy brought back to life, and i mean, they would make loads more money so...

What do you guys think?

that's stupid.... :blast5:

Archived