Home

Help creating new items

tylerjk

I can't seem to get a texture to work right with new things I put in the game. they aren't new models but they don't replace anything either, but they just use the default skin. How can I use my skin for the item? :confused: Some one please help me!

I have tried that, actually Ive tried basicaly everthing. But in a different forum someone said that if you want new textures for a new model you have to edit the mdx file with a hex editor to specify the texture file it is supposed to use. so I downloaded a hex editor but I have no Idea what I am supposed to do with it.

A hex editor is for pointing the files to your texture. You have to find all the parts of it that mention the texture name and rename that to the texture that you want to use. You can use ctrl-F to find the name of the texture and then replace that with the name of the texture you want to use. I am doing something similar to what you are doing and i can't figure out why the files can't see the texture because you see them in the game but they are all white so they have no texture. I did not make a new skin so i didn't have to change the .mdx/.mdl i forget which one, but it still doesn't see it. Hopefully you don't have the same problem I am having.

Originally posted by tylerjk

I can't seem to get a texture to work right with new things I put in the game. they aren't new models but they don't replace anything either, but they just use the default skin. How can I use my skin for the item? :confused: Some one please help me!

What "types" of items? Blasters, robes, etc?

I'll try to help if I can

Archived