what do you people do

oosshx

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jedigoku

dude you better not or I use the force to erase your mind J/k

cuz I'm a BIG ANIME` fan

Well, since there probably isn't any reading involved, I'll just assume that this means that you actually know something about anime...unlike Greek mythology :cool:

Originally posted by Achilles

Well, since there probably isn't any reading involved, I'll just assume that this means that you actually know something about anime...unlike Greek mythology :cool:

go here http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147991

and as for your reading comment know this I was reading at college level in 5th grade:p

and you mythology question every test on greek mythology in highschool i got 100% on:p

go here http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147991

and as for your reading comment know this I was reading at college level in 5th grade:p

and you mythology question every test on greek mythology in highschool i got 100% on:p

Why? :eyeraise:

Too bad you're probably in college but can only write at 5th grade level :D

They had a lot of Greek Mythology electives at your high school, eh? Good for you. So considering the (obviously) substantial number of greek mythology tests that you were confronted with, not one single question ever touched on the Achilles myths? Anyone else finding this hard to believe?

Ok, I'm done picking on you now :) If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure you can skool me anytime you'd like on Asian cartoons....I mean "Anime".

:dozey: Some anime are no more cartoonish then the Spawn animated serie. And if you've seen that...

Of course, most Americans would only have seen the bad ones.

And I DO find it unlikely that, talking about Greek mythology, one never heard of Achilles. Seriously, Troy is among the most known stories ever.

Why? :eyeraise:

Ok, I'm done picking on you now :) If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure you can skool me anytime you'd like on Asian cartoons....I mean "Anime".

Anime isn't cartoons cartoon are generally random eposodes the follow no order what so ever and Anime covers a time period and the eposodes build apon on another and it is a series and FYI due to the mouth movements in anime it can be translated into any language and don't call them cartoons cuz I have a friend that would kill you if you did

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

:dozey: Some anime are no more cartoonish then the Spawn animated serie. And if you've seen that...

Of course, most Americans would only have seen the bad ones.

And I DO find it unlikely that, talking about Greek mythology, one never heard of Achilles. Seriously, Troy is among the most known stories ever.

most of my world history classes covered more of the gods and some demi gods in greek mythology but troy never really intrested me but now that I think about it I may have heard of him I has been about 5 years since I've done any serious studing of greek mythology back when we covered the oddesy in english and I've always sucked at spelling

Anime isn't cartoons cartoon are generally random eposodes the follow no order what so ever and Anime covers a time period and the eposodes build apon on another and it is a series and FYI due to the mouth movements in anime it can be translated into any language and don't call them cartoons cuz I have a friend that would kill you if you did

BS. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cartoon

Some anime are cartoons.

Some are not.

There are anime that are composed of random episodes. You haven't watched that much if you never saw this.

...and don't call them cartoons cuz I have a friend that would kill you if you did

Jeepers!! Good thing he doesn't know where I live. Anyone that strung out about cartoons is probably more of a danger to himself than anyone else.

Jeepers!! Good thing he doesn't know where I live. Anyone that strung out about cartoons is probably more of a danger to himself than anyone else.

You said it not me Achilles ;):eek::confused:

Personally I couldn't tell you one single anima or whatever. Don't like em'. They remind me of the old "tex avery" cartoons sorta stereotypish of whites and they are just boring in my opinion :)

"Wind Rushing Flower Power Zombie Force Smashing Attack"

Zap!

Bang!

Pow!

"Mother Wind Power Jower Super Jack knife saber blast attack"

:confused::confused:

I'm like okee dookie where's the remote. Enough big eyed people on my TV....lol

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

jedigoku's gonna tell his math tutor and then he's gonna get all Bruce Lee on you.

Yes, I agree that all the anime that I've seen (not necessarily all that's out there) is pretty silly.

For some reason people tend to emotionally attach themselves to things that don't make much sense, but their world just a little bit brighter anyway (ie "Friends", professional sports, etc, etc).

I say more power to us. But I think we should at least have enough perspective to realize that our "thing" is silly. It's when people take it too seriously and honestly believe that their guilty pleasure is the greatest thing ever that I start to get a little worried. Just my 2 cents.

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

jedigoku's gonna tell his math tutor and then he's gonna get all Bruce Lee on you.

since you don't know me I'll let ya off the hook for that cuz math is my strongest subject I went through calculus in highschool which is impossible almost cuz there are 4 years and 5 math classes which means I was a head a year and I tested out of levels 1&2 of college math and on the 8th grade nation wide test in the math area I was better than 99% of everybody else so:p

that is just a joke amoung my friends but i wouldn't put it past him

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

"Wind Rushing Flower Power Zombie Force Smashing Attack"

Zap!

Bang!

Pow!

"Mother Wind Power Jower Super Jack knife saber blast attack"

:confused::confused:

I'm like okee dookie where's the remote. Enough big eyed people on my TV....lol

Which equals to the stupid ones :) or the anime made specifically for kids.

Go get Akira or Ghost in the Shell. Or find the Cowboy Bebop serie(or movie). Watch Spirited Away or Princess Momonoke.

All those stereotypes will go away.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Which equals to the stupid ones :) or the anime made specifically for kids.

Go get Akira or Ghost in the Shell. Or find the Cowboy Bebop serie(or movie). Watch Spirited Away or Princess Momonoke.

All those stereotypes will go away.

Nope watched some more realistic ones as well. I just don't care for em' just not my taste.

I've several buds who are professional animation artists (one working for cartoon network) and he jokes at em' too :D

No one should take anything that seriously ;)

I enjoy Star Wars but never get serious about it. It's just a nice way to forget all the stressful things at work.

If you consider the Final Fantasy movies in that catagory I'd say that was a well done piece. I saw one of those movies and it was very well done.

since you don't know me I'll let ya off the hook for that cuz math is my strongest subject I went through calculus in highschool which is impossible almost cuz there are 4 years and 5 math classes which means I was a head a year and I tested out of levels 1&2 of college math and on the 8th grade nation wide test in the math area I was better than 99% of everybody else so:p

that is just a joke amoung my friends but i wouldn't put it past him

Yes, we're all very impressed by how intelligent you are :)

I just want to point out that if your accomplishment were truely impossible, then you wouldn't have been able to do it yourself. You might want to spend less time on Cartoon Network and more time in a Critical Thinking 101 course at the local community college. Not nearly as much fun as manga, but unlike cartoons, it will actually help you get somewhere in life :D Just some friendly advice.

since i'm now low-level management, i now have to put up with very lazy co-workers. to avoid a long rant, i about went nuts today over one person that was calling me lazy when i was the one running around doing everything. sometimes, i really wish i had control over who get the pink slip sometimes.....

as far as my dream job goes, i would like to have so much money invested in different areas that i don't have to work due to the interest gained on all the investments. :D

Archived