Home

A Vampyre Story News

The Tingler

GameSpot have this potentially disturbing news about the upcoming and possibly great new adventure game from Autumn Moon, A Vampyre Story, which I know I was looking forward to.

It doesn't say it has been cancelled, but it does suggest strange times ahead...

(I posted this here because I have no idea how to report a piece of news on the mixnmojo main page, if I can do that at all)

That piece is a bit of sloppy reporting on Gamespot's part. If they'd done their homework (as in, calling Autumn Moon), they would have known that production hadn't yet started on Vampyre Story because, well, as far as I can tell, Bad Brain hadn't started paying them yet.

Vampyre Story isn't dead, though. They're shopping it around to other potential publishers.

It's that bit about "portable gaming" that got me interested.

Is it possible that common sense is about to prevail and a developer is going to see that the Nintendo DS is perfect for Adventure Games, or are they going to cop-out like EA & Command & Conquer and put it on the PSP, that's more popular but won't be as good or innovative?

Archived