Home

Original disk problem

F50Grunt

Sometimes I get an error when trying to load that says that it's 'Unable to verify original disk' or something like that. I'm running the patched version of RC on XP. I also get the same error with Battlefront. I use the original disks for both.

I know they have other websites specificly made for this kind of thing. I think it just requirers another download, wash of the disks with some water, dry it off. Then put it back in. If things still dont work, check your comp to see if you have everything downloaded. If everything is that bad I'd just un-install then reinstall it. It should work then.

Hello,

This is a big issue for people playing Half Life 2 as well. Especially Plextor DVD - CD drives. The answer that the tekkies give on this issue is;

We have received a few reports of players being unable to play because they receive a "Disk could not be authenticated" error. The problem is usually fixed by having them move the disk they are

trying to play from to the first lettered drive available. I.E. if you are trying to run the disk from your dvd burner g:\ move it to your dvd player f:\.

If this does not fix the issue please check for any firmware upgrades for your drives as well. Also, the software Sonic DLA and Any DVD have been conflicting with the retail CD's you may need to uninstall this software before the disks will be recognized properly.

If this doesn't work then PM me.

Archived