Home

Different color lasers

tylerjk

^^^^

Now that is just plain odd.... It makes me want to see if I can use the Force Jump with ChAiNz.2da's Darksword because now, ChAiNz, correct me if I'm wrong, but at heart isn't that what your Darksword is? An edited lightsaber baseitems.2da row, with a custom model and brilliant effects no less?

Originally posted by maverick187

^^^^

Now that is just plain odd.... It makes me want to see if I can use the Force Jump with ChAiNz.2da's Darksword because now, ChAiNz, correct me if I'm wrong, but at heart isn't that what your Darksword is? An edited lightsaber baseitems.2da row, with a custom model and brilliant effects no less?

you are correct sir, BUT.. Force Jump won't work with the Darksword ;)

Though that may be due to some other edits I made to the line. The Darksword is really a hybrid of the lightsaber and Vibroblade lines. Feel free to mess around though :D hehehe...

Originally posted by T7nowhere

^^^

I knew you could do that and the reason why I decided to not make new saber baseitems is because when ever I did the saber you not be able to use Force jump :confused: I never have been able to figure that out.

Doesn't Force Jump check the baseitem row of the player's equipped weapon to see if it would work? Meaning that only the original three would work because even though the new item is a lightsaber, it has a different baseitem than the one the force power looks for.

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

Doesn't Force Jump check the baseitem row of the player's equipped weapon to see if it would work? Meaning that only the original three would work because even though the new item is a lightsaber, it has a different baseitem than the one the force power looks for.

If that is the case, now correct me if I'm wrong, but then couldn't you edit the scripts for the Force Jump to search for both rows? Scripting is like Greek to me so I don't know much...

• 2 months later...

I dont understand.

So say I wanted to edit the original w_laserfire_r model. I just have to hex edit it and direct it to a new TGA? Like say Fx_laser_11.

Because I tried that, I photoshoped the fx_laser_01 to be a green lazer with a white core, and I hex edited the .mdl file of w_lazerfie_r and changed Fx_lazer_01 to Fx_lazer_11 and put them both in the override file and when i played the game it is still a red lazer. :confused:

Archived