Home

Dtention

Nilock

Other than the, uh, "Blue Lazer," (which I assume is WIP), that looks amazing. I'd say that you got the ambiance of the exterior just right--between the darkness and those lights on the buildings, it has just the right flavor of prison-ish-ness.

Oh, and if the blue thing implies that the random floating platform that takes you to the prison now has a track (as I assume it does), I'm all for it, although if it's walkable it would kinda negate the security benefits of a chasm right in front of the front door. Good work! Can't wait to see more.

In reply to Cheech Marin, yes.

Tesla if you want to showcase something go ahead and start your own thread, they're fun!

I'll have another pic up by... Wednesday? I've got the next two days off from work that I'll be spending on the mod so look for another update around then.

The Mod team should post stuff like this a little more often, we need to support our commuity and show we are working on this stuff daily, up front. The major site updates are too far from each other and people stop looking.

WTF?!? Where have you been hiding all these screens?!? What hole did you pull this one out of?

SHWEET. I love it. Last time I saw a screen for the detention level, it resembled the original dark forces, sadly it still got me excited... actually, I'd rather not mention that last revision, especially after seeing what's become of it now. Either way... this just blew my mind away. What I like most is the dark feel that you THE TEAM has added to the level design. it just makes everything that much better.

I check the site evry 1 or 2 months, and have been somewhat bored, but now... I think evryone's still anxious to see this new update. we will find some way to get through the waiting process. episode 3 helped.

great job evryone, and kudos to you for the screenshot. you don't have to post any more screens... not unless you really want to.... in fact, I DARE you to post more screenshots.

here's my two cents. bye.

I would love more screens but then I'm a screenshot junkie. Looking good so far, FatSpider. It definitely has that dark, mysterious feeling that the original level did just way cooler! Given these screens and the work we've already seen on the Sewers (awesome level, by the way) I have nothing but confidence it's going to be great!!!!

Sorry this took to darn long, work has put me into overtime. Five people on my team left all at once so I've been busy with that junk for a while. I did manage to get around to fixing up this new shot for everone, and I'm afraid it might be the last one until our big old site update happens.

but

HERE.

celshade.jpg

oh and the cell shading is tempoary, I was just messing around with it. Sorry if it got your hopes up. I don't think the team is going to approve.

Nice screenshot, Fatspider!

Lol, about cell shading... DEFINITELY NOT!!!

It totally destroys the reality and the mood we try to establish in the levels.

We might rethink it at the end, perhaps for a DF Comic Special Edition ;)

Archived