Home

T1 Line Question

Boba Rhett

• 3 weeks later...
Heya Swampates. I have a question. A shiney new cookie goes to the one who can answer it! ;)

I need to know what kind of copper wiring T1 can be driven over. If there's multiple options, which ones would be best?

err why copper wiring you won't get top speed or bandwidth using copper wire um fiber optic is your best bet

but that is just a simple fact that you should consider

copper wiring for a t1 is like using a toy train track for a real train other wise I go with gigabit cat-5 copper just isn't the best choice and it all depends on the purity of the copper used also so there Is no specific type I can give you with out knowing what you are looking for

I'm pretty sure a decent copper wire can carry it well for several hundred feet. I know that with some high grade boosters it can be driven for miles over copper.

Fibre optic isn't really a viable option at this point. :( We're trying to run it through the innards of caves to we're really trying to work with what we already have in place.

In the link I posted a while back, there was this phrase that caught my eye:

"If you cannot obtain T1 specific cable, then use two runs of CAT 5. Use one CAT5 cable for the Transmit (Tx) signal and one CAT5 cable for the Receive (Rx) signal. It is necessary for the Tx and Rx signals to be in separate sheaths to prevent cross talk interference."

Cat 5 is pretty cheap these days, even if you need to double up, and you may already have runs of it in the loacations you need to wire.

getting a t1 line is not hard it gets given to you by your provider but you will need CAT5 anyway due do the fact that i comes into a box that turns it into a routeable signal then you send a wire to a router which then routes the t1 to where ever you want it to go

Archived