Home

PC Format Profile of Lucasarts circa 1994 (30 page booklet in jpg format)

AndyP

I was doing some clearing out the other day, and whilst I was doing so, I uncovered a booklet all about Lucasarts that came free with the November 1994 edition of the UK magazing 'PC Format'.

I thought it might be of interest to some of you, so I scanned it and uploaded it onto the net. You can download it here:

http://than.spawnpoint.org/files/PC_Format_Lucasarts_Profile_Nov94.zip

The file is about 9mb. It is a zip with good quality jpg scans of each page (approx a4 size.)

There is an interview with Steve Purcell, Sean Clark and Michael Stemmle, as well as bits from some other old Lucasarts guys, who at the time were working on things like The Dig, Dark Forces and Full Throttle. Also contained within the booklet are short reviews and retrospectives of much of Lucasarts' previous output, including all their adventure titles (at least that I know of) and the original (good) Star Wars games.

Makes you yearn for the past :)

Wow, I remember this! It was an exciting read at the time, especially as a first glimpse of Full Throttle.

I'd forgotten they interview Steve Purcell too, rare and very cool to have.

It's always annoyed me that I lost my copy of this somewhere, so thanks very much for making it available.

Funny coincidence, Mojo actually had scans from the same article a few years back. It was never re-uploaded to Mojo 9, though I still have the scans and plan to re-add them sometime in the future.

Well, I wasn't sure if it had already been made available online or not. I did have a quick hunt around but couldn't find anything related.

Feel free to use my scans if you like. Obviously I don't own the copyright, but I'm sure PC Format don't really care about an article that is over ten years old :)

Blimey, ten years. In that time Lucasarts have produced Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island 3, and little else of value that I can think of... oh, a couple of good Star Wars games (Jedi Knight and X-wing vs Tie Fighter)... maybe Monkey 4. It was ok. :(

Archived