Home

[REL]Defender's Wrist Console

Makes them a bad ass ;)

When I was making the Nightsister Witch for the Darksword... I started playing with that value (challenge rating)... needless to say... it took many reloads before I got her down to a "reasonable" level...

Really? What does the 'level' do then? I'm not sure about you guys but when someone says (s)he's a high level, it means (s)he's strong :lol:

Nice new features mrdefender :thumbsup:

This just keeps getting better and better :D

:thumbsup::)

@Defender: great mod. suggestion/request: When you close one of the workbenches, have it go back to the console interface instead of back out to the game. That way if you are trying to make three or four things and they are all in different workbenches you don't have to click the (or scroll click) to bring the console interface back up. It might save what, 3 seconds? but I think it might be a nice addition. Feel free to ignore me though, hehe.

lol. welcome to my world. that thing annoys the hell out of me but for some reason I can't get the kinks out of this yet. Everytime I "exit" the workbench, I see one dialogue... thingy then it just stays there.... :(

Like I said, still got a few kinks to smash out :smash: lol. don't you just love these new emoticons? :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol. welcome to my world. that thing annoys the hell out of me but for some reason I can't get the kinks out of this yet. Everytime I "exit" the workbench, I see one dialogue... thingy then it just stays there....

I'm lovin' it man very KEWL :thumbsup: I just love killing the witch, blondie boy and ice lady over and over again :thumbsup:

:ben:

General Kenobi

@Defender - is there a level requirement for the custom workbench items, cause it's completely blank for me at level 9. Oh, how about a lab station? Or am I just missing it, heh.

Nope, its all level 1 except for the seperator items... Though I do run into a problem, everything in the 'other' tab can't be created unless you go to another tab (say, 'armor') then back to the 'other' tab... not sure why this happens though :(

hey ive got a little problem i dled the v1.3 as my first version of it but when i try to instal it and put it in the override directory i get a cannot find dialog.tlk and i have this for my spell.2da

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\kotor2\Override\spells.2da

PS:i deleted all my mods and the spells.2da folder is empty what do i do?

hey ive got a little problem i dled the v1.3 as my first version of it but when i try to instal it and put it in the override directory i get a cannot find dialog.tlk and i have this for my spell.2da

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\kotor2\Override\spells.2da

PS:i deleted all my mods and the spells.2da folder is empty what do i do?

When the mod asks you for the game's install folder, just pick the main "root" directory.. not the override folder... default path is:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2

The installer will automatically place it's files in the override directory :)

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.4 is now "released" at pcgamemods.com ... but for some reason they lost my file... the entry shows up but the file is missing and I can't seem to submit any screenshots either...

New Features:

:saberg: Ability to modify a party member's force points.

:saberg: Ability to spawn duelists even if they're not in your party. *

:saberg: Ability to return to the wrist console when leaving a workbench. *

Please delete the following files from your override folder.

:saberr: defmod_training.ncs

:saberr: defmod_bench.ncs

:saberr: defmod_giveitem.ncs

:saberr: defmod_givepower.ncs

:saberr: defmod_startduel.ncs

I tried to seperate the script functions a bit more to make it easier to "update" in future releases instead of having to reinstall every time a new version comes out... Those files are basically obsolete now, and the dialogue uses the new files instead.

* If you go to 'additional options' , 'modification information' you'll see 2 new "bypass" options, this is how you enable these features, a yes/no screen will show up asking you if you really want to enable these features. If you want to disable them, you'll need to remove the "keys" (items) from your inventory.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/15787.html

@Defender: great mod. suggestion/request: When you close one of the workbenches, have it go back to the console interface instead of back out to the game. That way if you are trying to make three or four things and they are all in different workbenches you don't have to click the (or scroll click) to bring the console interface back up. It might save what, 3 seconds? but I think it might be a nice addition. Feel free to ignore me though, hehe.

Done :) Thanks to Chainz for his assitance on this one :)

• 1 month later...

I'm pleased to announce that version 1.5 has been released! :)

You can download it off of my website here and over at PCGM here.

For those who only want to patch the mod and not reinstall it, scroll to the patch instruction section of this post...

New Features:

* Ability to teach player-only force powers to other party members (such as 'force crush')

* Added new modification information menus, including a "what's new" section.

* Added a new website for my modifications, available at http://jediarchives.ca/defmods/

* Ability to use other (2) armband mods from within the wrist console

..* Compatible with: Chainz.2da's Hak Pad.

..* Compatible with: Stoffe -mkb-'s Combat Arena

* Bypass feature can now remove the bypass key items by selecting the appropriate option.

Bug Fixes:

* No bugs needed to be fixed

Patch Instructions:

* [Replace] 'wristconsole.dlg'

* [Replace] 'defmod_party.ncs'

* [Replace] 'defmod_benches.ncs'

* [Add File] 'defmod_c_arena.ncs'

If you experience any bugs, please post them in this topic or on my forums which can be found here

Great job here :thumbsup:

I'm downloading my new version for archive as we speak ;)

Hey I have 2 suggestions for the compatibility. How about making it compatible with WhereAmI Armband & the Correction Armband RedHawke??? :D

As of now I use Hak Pad to access the others cause it does em' all except for the combat arena. It would be great to have those two in there and then we could use only one interface to access all of the others. :D

Again Great Job :D

:ben:

General Kenobi

Still waiting for Darth333's reply to my pm about it.

Never heard of the correction armband though. I'll ask him :)

Drats, why did they disable the search feature for the member list. 144 pages for member usernames that start with 'R' is just a tad over the "enormous" limit.... :(

Ok, I sent RedHawke a PM asking If I can intergrate his correction armband mod in the next version. It's no problem for me to add the dialogue option, but he has the final word ;) If he doesn't want to then I won't add it :) Same goes for Darth333's whereami band and any future intergrated mods. :)

Cool. Redhawke said yes :)

I'll work on it tomorow and release a little "addon" of sorts, to add the option for that correction armband, 1.6 itself is going to take alot more time (planning on adding attributes and skill editing as well as some of those "rare" feats). Personally I don't think it would be nice of me to make people wait a long time for something that would probably take me 10 minutes to do. Heck, I'd do it now if it wasn't 4:30 am in the morning with a doctor's apointment at 10 am lol

Ok. I added it on my website and it seems to be working fine.

You can get it here on my website. :)

This only adds compatibility with RedHawke's Correction Armband, and 1.5 needs to be installed (for the simple fact that its' a 1.5 dialogue file, not having 1.5 will result in features showing up and "won't work")

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody! I'm new to this forum, but not to kotor, nor modding (even though i'm not the the most productive person, i know how things work. Anyway, I can think of one thing you might wanna add to your great console, the holodroid emitter, it's basicly a armband that add a puppet to the wearer, then when one starts a converstation with the droid, it has a lot of features, a little your armband. Some of these features include adding other puppets to party members, creating items and warping to other zones.

Right now pcgamemods.com is down, but as soon as it gets online again, I will post a link to the mod I hope you're willing to add.

Cheers, safefire

@defender - you site requires a login to download, it kind of bothers me. I'm not sure why it bothers me, I don't usually mind free registrations but I can't seem to make myself do another one, I must have too many passwords in my brain and it's balking at adding another, heh.

@defender - you site requires a login to download, it kind of bothers me. I'm not sure why it bothers me, I don't usually mind free registrations but I can't seem to make myself do another one, I must have too many passwords in my brain and it's balking at adding another, heh.

You gotta sign up to download it??? Permissions must've been reset during my recent upgrade, I've just now fixed it so that guests can see the community centre. Please understand that, although I appreciate anyone who signs up to my website, It was not my intention to force anyone to do so

:crybaby:

• 2 weeks later...

Took some time but I finally finished it! Wrist Console 1.6 is out! In beta, mind you... I haven't had time to fully test it yet but so far it looks like it works well.

If you find any bugs, typos or any other problems, please post it on my forums located here, or in this topic (one you are reading now).

You can grab the mod here. It includes a "upgrade module" for those who have 1.5 or 1.5a, simply download the upgrade and replace your wrist console files with the ones in the zip. :)

Is there any special instructions to get this mod working installed it without any problems still doesn't work not in the inventory use workbench only normal options only come up is there something specific i need to do

ps : i skipped peragus

Archived