Home

[REL]Defender's Wrist Console

Well. I thought It would've taken alot more time than this to release another version, but I kept getting ideas :| In any case, It wouldn't suprise me if modders were to find this particular version interesting lol.

* The player and party members now remain cloaked when using the wrist console!

* Developer: Several functions that would be very useful to modders, but also useful to players.

* Developer: Launch a custom script from one of ten possible slots.

* Developer: Gain an custom item from one of ten possible slots.

* Developer: Start a custom dialogue from one of ten possible slots.

* Developer: Navigate to a custom module from one of ten possible slots.

* Developer: Access a Merchant file from one of ten possible slots.

* Developer: Unlock and Open the nearest door.

* Developer: Reveal the current area fully on the map.

* Developer: Change Revan's Gender and Force Alignment.

* Developer: Party Debugging System.

.. * Remove All Party Members and NPCs from your Party.

.. * Add all party members including Mira and Handmaiden. [M,LS]

.. * Add all party members including Hanharr and Handmaiden. [M,DS]

.. * Add all party members including Mira and Disciple. [F,LS]

.. * Add all party members including Hanharr and Disciple. [F,DS]

.. * Add a specific party member to your party.

.. * Remove a specific party member from your party.

* Party Ops: Added ability to see specific party member's status reports in their party options.

* Party Ops: Improved the look of the status reports, should remove the need to scroll on a 1024x768 screen.

* Party Ops: Added options for the player character to give him/herself jedi class specific feats.

Force Jump, Force Focus, Ignore Pain, Sneak Attack, Force Immunity, Inner Strength, Increase Melee Damage

Increase Combat Damage, Superior Lightsaber Focus, Superior Two-Weapon Fighting

* Battle Sim: The Reveal Map function can also be found in this section.

* Battle Sim: The Open/Unlock Nearest Door function can also be found in this section.

* Battle Sim: Improved the look of the status reports, should remove the need to scroll on a 1024x768 screen.

* Mod Ops: New Bypass key, disables the warning message encountered at the begining of the new developer section.

Here's a guide on how to use these new developer functions. You can download this modification on my website by following this link.

Enjoy! :smash::)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks awesome man! :thumbsup:

You've already added features I wanted to add in my version 2 HakPadBooster Pack (in the works)...

Some fine work there indeed! :D

I've definitely gotta check this out!

And I'm glad you decided to release it. I think alot of players will enjoy your mod! (I know I will).. hehehe

Originally posted by mrdefender

Anyone got any ideas of what I should add next?

I do not. You've added so much theres not much more you can do! Great job, and I am certainly glad you decided to release it.

I'm going to see If I can figgure out how to get this tsl patcher thing to work...

Feel free to dissect my HakPad's installer for an 'example'... it's going to be something similar to what you'll need for your armband :)

And don't hesitate to ask questions if you get stuck... (just make sure to ask Patcher related questions in it's own thread):

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149285 :)

Not if you add my "wristconsole" line from my spells.2da into your spells.2da file...

It's less of a hassle if you add my line to your spells.2da file, that way you only have one line to do and it would be compatible with any of your other mods that use a spells.2da file.

As far as scripts and items go, I believe we don't have a file that share the same filename (me = chainz and myself). This would be the biggest issue for incompatibility as far as scripts and items are concerned...

As far as scripts and items go, I believe we don't have a file that share the same filename (me = chainz and myself). This would be the biggest issue for incompatibility as far as scripts and items are concerned...

True. :)

Also, just as a note to a fellow "cheat" developer... all of my scripts will begin with "hak_" :D

and BTW, I'm really enjoying your armband... nice work man! :rock:

Got a new version for everyone, v1.1 !!!!

You can now, thru my mod (duh! :o), do:

- Give yourself force points (25,50,75,100,500,1000)

- Train your party members in 9 possible jedi classes

... - Jedi Guardian/Sentinel/Consular

... - Jedi WM/Watchman/Master

... - Sith MA/Assassin/Lord

Grab it here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/14643

Finally got the hang on the screenshot system on pcgamemods, so you can see it at the bottom of the mod page :D

@ Chainz, I've included my sources for scripts if you want to look at them, you need Tk102's dialogue editor to make it work with the scripts though, since it uses alot of those P# things :)

Cut down my script number from 106 to 6 :eek:. definitley worth a look, i think :)

Got a new version for everyone, v1.1

Not to be annoying or bring bad news, but the mod won't work if it is installed on top of an existing spells.2da which already contains custom lines, since you don't update which spells.2da line to trigger in your wristconsole.uti item template.

This will always trigger spellid 282 even if another force power or item power already exists with that id. You'll have to make the installer update your wristconsole.uti file with the proper spells.2da reference for it to work. :)

Oh, and you should use \ (backslash) when defining subfolders, not / (slash).

To update the UTI, at the bottom of the spells.2da CopyRow modifier list in changes.ini, add a line that reads 2DAMEMORY1=RowIndex.

Then (in ChangeEdit), add wristconsole.uti to the GFF Files list. Add the folowing modifier to that file:

GFF Field: PropertiesList\0\Subtype

Value: 2DAMEMORY1

:(

I released 1.1b, its just a zip file and it has my 2da, but in a seperate folder. I think for now the best thing to do is to add the line from my spells.2da to your/their spells.2da

I'm trying to figgure out why its not working. I'm seriously stummped at the moment.

Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-

Not to be annoying or bring bad news, but the mod won't work if it is installed on top of an existing spells.2da which already contains custom lines, since you don't update which spells.2da line to trigger in your wristconsole.uti item template.

This will always trigger spellid 282 even if another force power or item power already exists with that id. You'll have to make the installer update your wristconsole.uti file with the proper spells.2da reference for it to work. :)

Oh, and you should use \ (backslash) when defining subfolders, not / (slash).

To update the UTI, at the bottom of the spells.2da CopyRow modifier list in changes.ini, add a line that reads 2DAMEMORY1=RowIndex.

Then (in ChangeEdit), add wristconsole.uti to the GFF Files list. Add the folowing modifier to that file:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

But.. my script doesn't have anything about numbers... it just starts a conversation...

void main() { ActionStartConversation(GetFirstPC(),"wristconsole"); }

thats all there is in the file :confused::(

:confused: :confused: :confused:

But.. my script doesn't have anything about numbers... it just starts a conversation...

Yes, but something has to fire that script, right? That script is an impact script that is set by your new line in spells.2da.

In turn, your armband (I assume), defined by the item template wristconsole.uti has a CastSpell/Activate Item property that fires off this spell when you activate the armband.

This UTI file points to the row number in spells.2da of the "spell" that should be triggered when the armband is activated, which in turn fires your script.

In your mod currently, this line number is not dynamically updated to reflect the line number that your new row is added as in spells.2da. Since you haven't instructed the installer to do this, your UTI is hardcoded to fire spells.2da line 282, which may not be your armband power at all if the player already has custom lines in their spells.2da.

Thus, you'll need to instruct the installer to update the CastSpell/Activate Item property in your wristconsole.uti template so it fires the correct power when activated. The installer can do this, if you make it keep track of the row number it adds your new row as. I posted instructions on how to do this in the fine print in the above post. :)

:confused: not sure about that one JP, but 1.1 was my first attempt at using tsl patcher. I wasn't suprised that it didn't work lol.

I've noticed the other mods don't use a sub folder, so my next tsl patcher will not use a subfolder aswell.

But this time I'm going to ask around to test it before putting it on pcgamemods.

I'm currently working on tsl patcher, hopefully by the weekend it will be working :o:cool:

To update the UTI, at the bottom of the spells.2da CopyRow modifier list in changes.ini, add a line that reads 2DAMEMORY1=RowIndex

So, I edit 'copyrow0' and add the 2da mem thing at the bottom of that?

At the bottom of this window?

Like so?

Also, did I put the proper information? On the left menu, under 'gff files', is it supposed to be 'wristconsole.uti' ? (just making sure)

Archived