Home

My Grim Fandango 2 Idea!

Santiago C.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer a hand fight or PULSEADA, thats the best.

Hoho!

Ok, I will hold my opinion. Manny is the best. But if MJ says that the story would happen in another time, why are you naomi talking about a paralel time between manny?

I can´t understand you. But, well, it´s ok, I only want a new Grim Fandango, but I still think IT WOULDN´T BE THE SAME!!!!

Imagine yourself playing with Pinga Duramadre. It wouldnt be that funny.

Manny Rulz!!!!!!!!!

Erm, I think that the LSA idea could work, but I still agree with MJ's reasoning. Sorry if I was being unclear.

What I don't understand is why GF2 should be the same as the original. What's the fun in that? We can always play Manny's adventure again and again. Something entirely fresh would be nice.

Besides, the ending of the original game was perfect because Manny was able to move on after going through all that. If he was dragged into yet another adventure it would feel like all he accomplished in the first game was for nothing.

But I guess we just have to agree to disagree. :) Especially since it's so unlikely we'll ever see a sequel.

I actually cried at the end of Grim Fandango. Well not really because my brother was watching the cutscene over my shoulder, but I didn't talk much and cried later if memory serves.

(Bye Bye Dignity!)

Anyway, I think the boat idea is pretty good, except that it'd be hard to rebuild a boat whilst sailing. And being confined to a boat would frustrate me.

I think a direct sequel would cheapen anything and everything Manny did in Grim Fandango, and Glottis...as much as I love the guy, I dont think he could be a main character in an adventure game.

Im going to say it as many times as necessary... without Manny is not Grim Fandango.

Could possibly be Grim Fandango 2 though. I can only see bringing Manny back ruining one of the best games ever. I found myself sympathising with the guy more then any other character in any game and a large number of films. Bringing him back would inevitably disappoint him, therefore it would disappoint me.

I concur.

Its a pity because for some reason, Manny is quite possibly the best character I've ever encountered in a game.

Perhaps its because he's so rounded and developed, and likeable. And the accent, I love that accent. Without the accent a lot of his jokes just don't work.

Oh yes. And his subtle blend of slapstick humour and deadpan satire.

"I just locked an open door. Strange, yet symbolically compelling."

see? that is what we are talking about! Manny rulz, he is the best character ever (but I can recall Guybrush Threepwood between others) but, he is the best.

Imagine...Manny is going to reborn...another baby in the world, lost forever. I prefer Manny having more problems than another sucky life. What if he regrets to becamoe human just for the fact that human causes destruction and poverty, hunger and sufferin?

I think the game could gain a deeper atmosphere.

Hey, I´m Argentinian...Manny´s voice in spanish is awesome. Today I was just listening to the soundtrack with some friends remembering old times.

See ya!

I've got mixed feelings about a GF2. If Shafer was involved, I'd be all for it... the man hasn't let us down yet. If it was just LucasArts, I'd wonder if they haven't already driven off all the people talented enough to make it work. Shafer hasn't done a sequel to his own works yet, and I somewhat doubt he'd team up with LucasArts again to do one.

.Imagine...Manny is going to reborn...another baby in the world, lost forever. I prefer Manny having more problems than another sucky life. What if he regrets to becamoe human just for the fact that human causes destruction and poverty, hunger and sufferin?

I think the game could gain a deeper atmosphere.

Um.... That's a bit out there for GF. If you want to stay true to the characters so much, then you should stay true to the world and its tone as well. What you're talking sounds more like a Whedonverse virtual continuation....

If LucasArts went ahead without Schafer...let me imagine...

Grim Fandango 2 : Dead on Wheels!

Manny is back from the dead, and ready for trouble!

Explore huge free range environments!

Interact with literally tens threes of characters!

Heart racing driving missions!

Over 20 weapons!

Fully customisable cars!

Mindbending, astonishing, rock'n'rolling (Dreamcast quality) 3D visuals!!1one

Intense multiplayer!

IGN says "The multiplayer was like Mario Kart, yeah exactly it actually. Can I get my money now-"

GameSpot says "(Do NOT) BUY THIS GAME!"

We say " Its the best undead adventure since GTA Vice City. What? Oooh...shiny.

Does that woman's imagination hold no bounds? I wish I could write like that. I mean, if novels are as easy as Deja Dead, or Dead du Jour, I may as well print about a bunch of VampireNaomi's fanfics (I assume this is you) call them "TEH BOOK ABOYT DEATH and ALSO THEIR MIGHT BE TEH BOOBi3$" .

Thats a million in my pocket right there.

I was unaware that coke damages screens. Keyboards? Now theres a doosy. Dropped a melting ice lolly onto mine once. Man, did that take a while to clean.

Sneezes? Same category.

Never heard of Kathy Reichs. I feel so left out. Who is she? Have you read her books or is your opinion based on those... original and fresh titles of her work?

Yes, that's my story, Fibble. You know, your idea isn't that bad. **** sells nowadays so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out profitable.

The screen I have is so old and fragile that Coke would be like acid to it.

I wrote most of my stories when I was 15, so I can't really look at them with a straight face anymore. Glad to know some people can see past the awful mistakes, though.

I'm not ready to judge Kathy quite yet. I don't know her either, but perhaps she's one of those people who just can't come up with a title? Yes, I'm being perfectly serious. Or something.

If LucasArts went ahead without Schafer...let me imagine...

Grim Fandango 2 : Dead on Wheels!

Manny is back from the dead, and ready for trouble!

Explore huge free range environments!

Interact with literally tens threes of characters!

Heart racing driving missions!

Over 20 weapons!

Fully customisable cars!

Mindbending, astonishing, rock'n'rolling (Dreamcast quality) 3D visuals!!1one

Intense multiplayer!

IGN says "The multiplayer was like Mario Kart, yeah exactly it actually. Can I get my money now-"

GameSpot says "(Do NOT) BUY THIS GAME!"

We say " Its the best undead adventure since GTA Vice City. What? Oooh...shiny.

Lol, that's the best thing I've read in a while.

Yeah, I have a Grim Fandango sequel fanfic on Fanfiction.net

And yeah, um... it's got Manny. But.. I luffles him! I can't bear to let him go, although I know it's for the best... and besides, it has Domino, who I like even more.

Archived