Home

Training Bao-Dur

pafan

Hello again, I have problems in training Bao-Dur to be a Jedi. I have completed Telos, Nar Shadaa, I've gone to Dantootine to get my crystals, but did not do much else, and after finishing Dxun I'm now on my way to Onderon -Iziz, first time out-. but I am stuck with Bao - Dur (and Mira, for that matter, I'm stuck with her story about Hanharr, failing the influence check on asking for an explanation for why was it a mistake she did not kill him when she had the chance). What I want to know is, is there some kind of lock, so that for example if you are so advanced in the game you cannot somehow train any more of your companions? Or is it that Mira will only open up to me on Nar Shadaa? Or, for Bao-Dur, do I only have to be on Telos? Just for your info, I'm level 21 Jedi Guardian.

well, I hope this helps, I went over to game winners, and looked some stuff up for you, here's what I could find...

Make sure to have just these characters with you when you want influence with them. Also, make sure that you get the correct influence you want. Either have all influence gain or all influence loss; not both.

Bao Dur: Help the spy at the cantina on Onderon.

Bao Dur: Help the Mandalorian Kumas in the Missing Mandalorian quest.

Bao Dur: Help the person on Nar Shadaa being hounded for money by the two thugs next to the red door.

Hint: Bao-Dur becomes a Jedi:

You cannot really get into conversations with Bao-Dur, so there is no influence: failure or influence: sucess in talking with him. He must be in your party to gain influence. When you talk to him, you may be able to get shields from him (if you do not have too many of the kind he makes already), or you can construct your lightsaber if you have not already done so. After this, the only option will be "Never mind". Occasionally he may say "You know, I'm really glad I found you again , General". This conversation means nothing. You cannot get any influence gains from it, and all the choice options are not very good. Try to make it out without any influence losses or Dark side points. You will have to ask him why he is still here, and he will ask you if you are tired of him already. Then something about wires in the universe will turn up. Just reply with "If you see any, let me know". This conversation occurs more than once. If you have enough influence with him, when you talk to him, you should automatically get into a new conversation. It will mention something about Malachor V. Try to convince him that he was not just fighting for revenge, and that he was fighting to protect others, even if he disagrees with you. Eventually you should reach some random option saying that you can teach him to use the Force. He will say something else. Tell him there is no time to waste. You do not have to go through that series of one option conversation. It just simply states he is now a Jedi Guardian. Bao-Dur cannot equip any robes or Jal Shey Armor. If you want him to use powers that are restricted by armor, you must equip him with regular clothing or nothing at all. As mentioned earlier, in order for Bao-Dur to gain influence he needs to be in your party for practically the entire time. Also, a lot of the times for Bao-Dur to gain influence, only you and him must be in your party. For Bao-Dur and all the others you can train to be Jedi, taking the Light side is recommended. The following are some possible influence gains with Bao-Dur.

On Dxun, take only Bao-dur with you when you search for the dead Mandalorian's body. The Mandalorian is actually alive. He tells you that he is trapped on a ridge because he was ambushed by Bomas. Agree to help him by killing the Bomas. Once done, talk to him and agree to keep his secret. You will then get into a conversation with Bao-Dur. Tell him something along the lines of if you can help, you will, then end with saying that perhaps one day he will return the favor. Bao-Dur will say you never know, and you should get an influence gain with him.

J-Disso17.

On Telos, after you talk with Atris, go back to pick up your allies. However, before you do so, talk with one of the Handmaiden sisters, (not Handmaiden herself). Talk to her about Atton for a future influence gain with him. When you talk to Bao-Dur, be nice and tell him the crash and his collapse was not his fault, and perhaps you should let him stay in your party instead of waiting at the ship. You should get an influence gain with him.

On Nar Shadaa, take only Bao-Dur with you to the refugee sector. Have a minimum Treat Injury of 5. Talk to Geriel, be nice, and heal him. He will thank you, and say that he feels better. The conversation will end. Almost immediately after you start walking, Bao-Dur will stop you and say that was nice. Select the Light side options and you should get an influence gain with him.

At the Nar Shadaa Docks, explore the flop house to find a man name Lootra. Hear him out and agree to help him find his wife, Aaida. There are two guards that stop you in the refugee sector. Talk to the Gamorean, then tell him that if you are trying to threaten you, draw your weapons. If your intimidation works, you can only fight them earning Dark side points. Instead of talking to him with your main character, talk to him with someone else in your party. Even though it returns to your main character talking, the intimidation will fail and you can fight them without earning any Dark side points. Kill both of them, then go back and talk to Aaida. Tell her that Lootra is here looking for her. Then, say that you have taken out the guards and that she has a clear path out of the sector. This is when you need Bao-Dur in your party, and Kreia as well. Go back to flophouse and talk to the reunited couple. Kreia will get in an argument with you. Choose the answers that are correct and have to do with the Light side. She will get upset with you. Tell her that if it meant any of your allies' lives, you would do anything for them. This not the choice where you say that about Kreia, but the one after that. Bao-Dur will make a comment saying you remind him that back in the Mandalorian Wars, there was only one Jedi he saw valor in, which was you. End the conversation and you should get an influence gain with Bao-Dur without losing influence with Kreia.

On Nar Shadaa there is an airspeeder at the Serreco territory in the refugee sector. You may need to take the Serreco out before using it though. The airspeeder is missing parts and you do not have access to its systems. First, to gain access to its systems, use your Security skill after examining it. If you have Atton in your party, he will ask you to let him take care of it. You may both need a high Security skill for this to occur. Accept his help bvy saying "All right, I'll let the expert handle this". Afterwards, thank him for his help and you should get an influence gain with Atton. Next, go to the refugee landing pad and search all the metal boxes and containers. The Navigation system may be in the Plasteel cylinder where you get your ID changed to have Vogga's transponder codes. Next, go to Nar Shadaa docks and go to Pylon 3 (the one at the very end). To the left, there is a Plasteel cylinder that has the maneuvering flaps. Now, go to the flophouse and you will find an Ithorian in one of the places. Hear him out and agree to help him. He tells you that he sells power cells. There is no harm in asking him for one. He says that he will give you one after you help him. Talk to Fassa at the pylons and ask him about the Ithorian. Pay his debt and go back to the Ithorian. Tell him he can go as long as he gives Fassa some of the power cells. He will say that it is no problem and thank you. After the conversation ends, you will receive the power cell. Go back to the airspeeder and install the three parts. After you are finished, you can ask either T3-M4 or Bao-Dur to examine it. Let Bao-Dur examine it first. He will notice some things are wrong and offers his help. Accept it, then afterwards, thank him. The conversation will end and you should get an influence gain with Bao-Dur. If you can, now ask T3-M4 to examine it and say the same things. You should get an influence gain with T3-M4.

Hope that isn't to much to read

Edit:Heres the page I got this from http://www.gamewinners.com/codes/xbox/StarWarsKnightsOfTheOldRepublic2.htm

Thanks, swgbking for your reply, but I think I have done all the things mentioned here, the only thing I haven't done is give the open starport visa I found in Iziz to the Republic spy found in the cantina. I will do that and -hopefully- I'll be able to get the influence I neeed for Bao-Dur to come out with the line needed for his conversion.

• 1 month later...

You can only train Bao-Dur as a Jedi if you're a female character - he doesn't talk to a male character that much. Tell Mira that Kreia showed you how to listen to the Force, and that you'll show her. If she agrees, walk her to where Kreia showed you the "heart" of Nar Shadda. Sorry if this was up there already, but I though I'd give you an easier-on-the-eyes description.

Yet another over month old thread revived...

*Grabs Hatchet and chases The Doctor around thread*

:hatchrun:

J/K Doc! I so do love to use that smily! :D

That's not neccesarily true Doctor. I've trained Bao-Dur many a time, and they have all been wiht male charcter.

Agreed! Bao-Dur doen't have any male/female checks to become a Jedi/Dark Jedi. It is just his dialogue, it is a little finiky sometimes... ;)

"Yes, General..."

Nevermind...

Yet another over month old thread revived...

*Grabs Hatchet and chases The Doctor around thread*

:hatchrun:

I think his one-day total for yesterday might be a new record.

Ahem...

Anyway, Bao-Dur is remarkably easy to train if you don't try to take him DS. Just hit the right 2-3 dialogs and he's done.

EDIT: LOL! I think I figured out what happened. Not very subtle, Dr. Spam.

Archived