Home

battle ON coruscant?

Blackrider27

Well I know there was some footage of Mace killing droids in the jedi temple, but that trailer was kind of old, I'll bet they have changed some things. Like maybe the CIS no longer appear in the Temple, instead the Clones fight jedi. Also in several screenshots we see Darth Vader killing some jedi that definitly arn't Mace. Since there is only one hero per map on each side, they must be generic jedi any player can play as, or natives.

Unless your talking about a trailer I haven't seen yet, could you post a link?

Ah yes, I see the scene your talking about, I thought it was Kamino but now I see that your right, that is Mace Windu and that does appear to be the jedi temple. But it also shows a scene with Anakin Skywalker fighting more then one jedi... and on the star wars battlefront 2 homepage there are several screen shots of more then one jedi on the temple, without a droid in sight.

This could mean that the Jedi vs. Clones is a campaign only scenario, or maybe they are natives and you can hunt them as clones, although they didn't appear in the list of natives. I guess we won't know until the game comes out, or we get more information about the level.

well...i don't think that would be the way it work out...but meh...doesn't matter i have a question off topic...(sorry i'll be one i promise :p)

what's the planet's name on which order 66 is executed by pilots...u know...in fighters?

cos i liked the idea...that planest would so much rock for swbf2 :p

well...i don't think that would be the way it work out...but meh...doesn't matter i have a question off topic...(sorry i'll be one i promise :p)

what's the planet's name on which order 66 is executed by pilots...u know...in fighters?

cos i liked the idea...that planest would so much rock for swbf2 :p

Cato Neimoidia. It's not in SWBF2.

I want the Empire vs. the Republic.. All those white plastic uniforms, it'd be chaos!

;)

I figure the locations will be just that... locations, for a battle between the standard factions. Will they do like what they did with SWBF1 and have some maps be only one era? Perhaps, but in any case, I highly doubt we'll see something as interesting as a series of different Jedi classes in one faction vs. the Republic. Or a "hunt" mode with Jedi as the prey (hardly!).*

*Unless the "hunt" consists of rounding up and killing little kids. But I don't know if LucasArts would let them make anything that sadistic, even if it is in character for the bad guys of the movies!

You're kidding, right?

Yes, but why not?

The Rebels beat the Imperials, but the win was costly. Many rebels died. The rebels can't keep the peace, so they use old CIS robots to help. The robots turn aganist the rebels and you have CIS vs Rebel.

(Of course I did't read any of the books that take place after the movies, but I'm sure, in the books, this doesn't happen)

I want the Empire vs. the Republic.. All those white plastic uniforms, it'd be chaos!

The Empire is the Republic, so they could have never fought. Thats why I picked CIS vs Rebels. But a Empire vs. the Republic battle I would love to see.

Except that all the droids were probably melted down or something after Sidious deactivates them. I mean, you don't have billions of Battle Droids running around in the OT...

You have a few. ;)

There's even stories of old battle droids attacking New Republic people according to the EU. Why would they bother going after billions of droids to melt them down... into what? More droids? Was there a big metal shortage after the war?

I guess we've figured out the great mystery after all! The reason the Death Star took so long if they were busy recycling those droid bodies... TO MAKE THE ARMOR!

Death Star = quadrillions of mooshed together droids!

Honestly though, the ones that weren't destroyed in combat would be perfectly usable. They could be used as labor or sold to raise money. They needn't have destroyed every single one of them. Seems rather like a waste.

Why would they bother going after billions of droids to melt them down... into what? More droids? Was there a big metal shortage after the war?

I don't know. But C-3PO worries about being melted down when he's captured by Jawas, so apparently it's a common procedure to melt down droids. :p

The Empire is the Republic, so they could have never fought. Thats why I picked CIS vs Rebels. But a Empire vs. the Republic battle I would love to see.

Who cares if it never happened? 99% of the stuff in SWBF never happened and never could happen if the movies are canon! It's a game, let us have our fantasies. ;)

Maybe the Empire wanted to see how far they'd come, so they took a bunch of Republic stuff out of mothballs, trained some decent troops according to the old stuff, and put them against each other. Boom!

Or how about this, a mischevious Time Traveler sucked a huge army from the Republic Era and inserted them ("man worlds" theory here so it's not like this destroys the Empire's creation) into a situation where they would be fighting the Empire. The Empire might realize that these are their own people from the past, but they have no time to think, the battle is on! The Republic has no idea who these similar looking guys are, but they attack! Boom!

I don't know. But C-3PO worries about being melted down when he's captured by Jawas, so apparently it's a common procedure to melt down droids. :p

And yet we've never seen any droids melted down in the movies either. With all he's been through, that protocol droid has become a bit eccentric.

Archived