Home

Hi, new to game... Is there a particular order...

Zaddik

Which game are you referring to: KotOR or TSL?

For KotOR, I usually follow this:

Taris

Dantooine

Tattooine

Kashyyyk

Manaan

Korriban

Leviathan

Unknown World

This "seems" to be the sequence implied by the devs (Mission tells you about Griff who ends up being on Tattooine and sends you to Kashyyyk for tach glands, etc).

For TSL, I usually stick to:

Peragus

Telos

Nar Shaddaa

Dxun

Onderon

Dantooine

Dxun again

Onderon again

Korriban

End game

OE was a little less subtle about their "recommended" sequence. Not only did they leave hints, as BW did, but put it right out there in the dialog (in many cases).

For both games, I've found that the sequences that I provided allow you to capture all the main and side quests while minimizing the amount of back-and-forth you have to sometimes put up with.

I hope that helps.

~snip~

OE was a little less subtle about their "recommended" sequence. Not only did they leave hints, as BW did, but put it right out there in the dialog (in many cases).

Example?

I know the part where Kreia at near end game areas says

"We must go to dantooine to the Enclave..."

And the part where Atton suggests Nar Shadda when you first "arrive" at Telos but other than that I cannot think of anything else <.<

I usually do a bit of metagaming when deciding the order of the planets, doing them in the order where I can pick up new party members and important items before too much of the game is over.

For KotOR I tend to do:

--> Taris (pick up partymembers)

--> Dantooine (pick up party member)

--> Kashyyk (pick up party member)

--> Tatooine (Pick up party member)

--> Manaan

--> Leviathan (no choice)

--> Korriban (extra Dialog if done after Leviathan)

...and then the straight no-choice line to the end.

For TSL I tend to do a bit more jumping back and Forth:

--> Peragus (pick up party members)

--> Citadel Station (no choice)

--> Telos (pick up new party members)

--> Dantooine (crystal cave only, don't enter Khoonda. Pick up personal crystal)

--> Nar Shaddaa (build lightsaber, pick up party member)

--> Dantooine (Everything else, pick up partymember)

--> Dxun

--> Onderon (pick up partymember)

--> Korriban

--> Onderon Again

...and then the straight no-choice line to the end.

I prefer to do it so I pick up most party members early, otherwise you won't get much out of them before the game is over. For example doing Tatooine last in KotOR1 makes you lose out huge parts of the story of the party member that can be picked up there.

Thanks for the suggestions.... And sorry I forgot to mention that I'm playing TSL. The first one I'd finished long ago.

stoffe -mkb- I'm curios about your suggestion. I basically followed your order (before you answered) and I just finished Dant for the first time, but I did the whole planet. Why do you suggest just doing the Crystal cave? I came out of Dant with 2 lightsabers.

Thanks,

Zad

Hi there, I just bought the game and I was wondering.... Is there a particular "recommended" order in which you should go to the planets?

Thanks in advance,

Zad

Firstly welcome to the forums. :)

Secondly achilles post number 3 has the best route that is the order in which i done it.

Thirdly wheres your avatar man. :sithk:

While I don't no why stoffe recommended that you get your personal crystal first, I have an idea. If you get it early, chances are that its the strongest crystal you got :). However at that time (if you follow stoffe's route) you don't have a lightsaber, so haul butt over to Nar Shaddaa and get one!

EDIT: Oh yea this is the order I use:

1. Korriban (I go hear first because its easy and if you loot the corpses the enemies give you a lot of exp. thought there tough. I don't go into the cave, I save that for later)

2. Nar Shaddaa (I go hear to get my lightsaber, then make a short trip to Datoonie for my Personal Crystal)

3. Datoonie (finish up at Datoonie. I have no real reason for doing this, just for the h3|| of it i suppose :D)

4. Onderon/Dxun (I sometimes do this 1st, becuase its my least favorite, and I like to get it over with :))

5. Finish game! :D

While I don't no why stoffe recommended that you get your personal crystal first

Simple, because you want to have it for when you complete your saber! Nar Shadaa takes a whole whopping 15-20 Min to get it made. Toss in your personal crystal, after getting Kreia to attune it for you, and you pwn just that much faster! ;)

Simple, because you want to have it for when you complete your saber! Nar Shadaa takes a whole whopping 15-20 Min to get it made. Toss in your personal crystal, after getting Kreia to attune it for you, and you pwn just that much faster! ;)

Yes...that was my idea (i'm not trying to be rude), and its always good to have that confimed by another (excellent i should add or else you might make a mod that kills me or something) modder

Simple, because you want to have it for when you complete your saber! Nar Shadaa takes a whole whopping 15-20 Min to get it made.
I don't think I've ever tried it that way. Can you explain how that works (with spoiler tags of course!)? :) I've started a new game and would like to try it...

Firstly welcome to the forums. :)

Secondly achilles post number 3 has the best route that is the order in which i done it.

Thirdly wheres your avatar man. :sithk:

Thank you Warchild75 for welcoming me.

All the suggestions I got were great. But everybody seems to mention that they get the lightsaber after their 2nd planet (after Telos of course), but if you are light side and you go to Dant straight out of Telos and do it complete, you can leave with 2 sabers. Just rescue the guy in the enclave (the one that stole the vaporators from some other guy). After you leave the enclave he will be at the salvagers camp and you can buy from him a bunch of "jedi stuff" with which you can complete the saber. Then after the fight at Khoonda, Vrook gives you another one.

Let me know if this worked for anyone else.

Zad

If you don't have a saber already, they give you parts. On Dxun you get them from Mandalore and in the carcass of a animal. On Korriban you get a part from Master Vash and another at the end of the Secret Tomb (not a good planet to get your saber on, unless you "cheat" and get your 2nd part from Visas right away).

The devs purposely set it up to where you would be able to finish your saber by the 2nd planet (Telos +1). The sabers that you get now would have been saber parts if you didn't have your saber already. Clear as mud, right?

I don't think I've ever tried it that way. Can you explain how that works (with spoiler tags of course!)? :) I've started a new game and would like to try it...

Part 1:

Chodo on Telos

Part 2:

After landing on Nar Shaddaa, turn around and re-enter the EH to get your 2nd part from Visas

Part 3:

Complete either Vogga's Horde or Intergalactic Reunification. Both of these are pretty much fluff side quests that take minimal effort to complete.

Note: If you don't feel like "cheating" to get part 2, you can do both of the quests listed in part 3 to complete your saber.

EDIT: I orginally posted "Telos" instead of "Nar Shaddaa" in part 2.

Thank you Warchild75 for welcoming me.

All the suggestions I got were great. But everybody seems to mention that they get the lightsaber after their 2nd planet (after Telos of course), but if you are light side and you go to Dant straight out of Telos and do it complete, you can leave with 2 sabers. Just rescue the guy in the enclave (the one that stole the vaporators from some other guy). After you leave the enclave he will be at the salvagers camp and you can buy from him a bunch of "jedi stuff" with which you can complete the saber. Then after the fight at Khoonda, Vrook gives you another one.

Let me know if this worked for anyone else.

Zad

Yes, that works, but were talking about the fastest route to a new lightsaber :D

Archived