Home

Oh Screw This!

MaximumMayhem

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In addition to all the other stuff, like basic gameplay and physics, yeah. How childish of me to expect a decent game for $50. All games from now on will be crap, and anyone who critisizes them will be deemed childish. Gotcha. :thumbsup:

well TK u havent read my post, have u? i said i understand some points, that includes the gameplay, physics etc, but i cant understand the crying "This game sucks my Heavy Trooper is blue not green" NO and really mean NO game is perfect that is based on films or whatever...give just 1 Film+Game which are TOTALLY equal in case of Details (and with Details i dont mean the texture realism, i mean weapons, characters,etc. but i think u know it already) if u really can give me one proofed example i will immediatly stop saying that crying about missing or wrong details is childish.

Oh I read it. But I'm not gonna feed your fire. If you throw around subtle little insults (like you just did again), no way am I going to acknowledge it. So please, use the internet for good, not evil.

Look, in the name of something real evil, just STOP. You don't get it. I haven't insulted anyone since my first post on this thread and it wasn't even you. And the person it was I apologised to.

Also, what's wrong with using the net for evil? It's all relative, one man's hobby is another man's worst nightmare and all that. I have many stories to tell on such things, heck, I go to a forum which could be defined as "not good".

You know, I find it strange how you refer to our critisism of something that needs to be improved as "crying." I hope you know that your misuse of the word "crying" to describe the critisism directed towards your beloved Battlefront makes you look foolish (not saying you're a fool, but that your misuse of the word in a subtle attempt to insult is foolish). You know that critisism is actually a GOOD thing? Because it allows for things to be IMPROVED.

well TK u havent read my post, have u?

Yes I have.

but i cant understand the crying "This game sucks my Heavy Trooper is blue not green"

I never recall saying that the Heavy Trooper needs to be green.

if u really can give me one proofed example i will immediatly stop saying that crying about missing or wrong details is childish.

Crying about such things would be childish, yes. But critisizing the blantant errors and failed attempts that the developers have made is not crying, not whining, not moaning, and not childish.

Look, in the name of something real evil, just STOP. You don't get it. I haven't insulted anyone since my first post on this thread and it wasn't even you. And the person it was I apologised to.

Oh great, now I'm evil. I feel like Sean Hannity when that black fundamentalist called him the devil. Oh well.

And here, I'll quote where you decided it would be fun to throw those subtle insults in, excluding the girlfriend part (you must be so proud of that):

Wait, you've been whinging non-stop about how much SWBF2 sucks on and on and when I do make a sensible (but long post), instead of reading it and making a point you sit back and moan again?

So yeah, like I said above. Critisizing the blantant errors and failed attempts that the developers have made is not crying, not whining, not moaning, and not childish.

It seems to me that for some reason the "majority" here (people who post about how good the game is) feel it's acceptable to kick around the "minority" (people who openly critisize the game). That kind of thing bores me really fast.

...NO and really mean NO game is perfect that is based on films or whatever...give just 1 Film+Game which are TOTALLY equal in case of Details (and with Details i dont mean the texture realism, i mean weapons, characters,etc. but i think u know it already)...

Since you said the phrase, "<i>[game] that is based on films or whatever...</i>", I can provide an example of such a game.

Chess. I've seen movies about it and I have played a few computer games about it. In the movies and games, both the characters and the weapons were exactly the same. They all had the same properties and physics. The colors/texture were slightly off, but you said that doesn't count.

In fact, just about all games where there is a set of rules (such as card games and board games) fall into this catergory. The reason SWBF and the movies are off, is because of who made them. Lucas though up a few movies and the company though up a computer game. Each wants to be creative and no where is there a set of rules to follow. Thus, each develop their own products slightly different, because they each have different ideas, which are not governed by an exact set of rules.

okay TK, then i remove the word "crying" with "complaining", happy?

Well TK i think ur an intelligent person, referring to ur posts, so u should figure out that the "Omg this game sucks cause my heavy trooper is BLUE not GREEN" was just an example, i didnt wanna read all ur posts to find a point like this so i just took one that may match to many complaints like "The Commander is a Galactic Marine" or "The Droid commander should only have yellow marks..." and i never said ur the only one whos complaining about such things

btw i never posted the "...in the name of something real evil" thing but my name is above this quote, so how did that happen....

u said in any post u like realism in games, dunno if it was in this thread...well dont tell me the BF2 Stunts are realistic, u cant blow a tank miles away with 3 Detpacks on its back, some BF2 stunts may be realistic, but that definitly not, so ur loved Battlefield is even not the most realistic game, but that may not make the game worse i know the battlefield series is great, but there are even unrealistics

and im not a lover of Battlefront, i like Movie Battles 2 much more, cause its just 1000 Times better, and its only a free MOD and not an expensive "Full Game" i dislike the Battlefront engine and the physics aswell but i really dont care if t he commander is a Marine, the Heavy Trooper Bacaraa or whoever or if the Rebels Capital ship is part of the Republics Space Vehicles....its just a game if i want pure realism i walk right out my door and enjoy the nature

now to u zerted...

i never knew that Chess was invited in a movie and was just then "produced" u should atleast try to understand my "Phrases" right.... i mean Games like Any Star Wars game, Aliens, Aliens Vs. Predator or any Wargames that are based on a special moment in one WW...u know? i mean games which source was a Movie or a real Situation in the Past, and i dont put Card Games and Chess in that category..so i want a proofed example of a (Computer)game which IDEA was born in a movie and was completiy and 100% the SAME like this mentioned Movie

TK, I love playing with words, ever watched Monty Python? Way better than The Simpsons hands down. Or Red Dwarf, they are the masters of unique swearing.

As always you seem to find a passion in using anything that anyone says to prove that I have personally insulted you. These are called "observations". Convince me, like Maxmayhem that you know what you're on about and I'll be generally nicer. Oh and don't argue that you know the reg number of the Clone trooper on the left in frame 1138 of Ep3 or something like that, I mean, from a game-designing point of view. Granted, we're not game designers, but you seem to act like the Counterstrike team are making BF2 (in that they have a rep for "realistic weapons"). Pandemic do console arcady games, it's their reason-to-be at the mo. It's why I view BF1/2 as a console game, rather than a PC one.

Also, you misstake my viewpoint on BF2. I said I was "On the fence" on it. But I realise that it is not going to be half the game that UT2k7 is trying to be, so complaining about things that were inevitably going to happen doesn't seem a point to me. You could argue that creating a 200 point list of the flaws of BF1 is a worthy cause, but I can't be bothered, I'm busy in the final year of a genetics degree. I should waste more effort on "bastardising life as we know it" (litearlly, "Mum's the word.") ;)

Anyway, we can all conclude that SWBF2 is not going to be a realistic or accurate interpretation of Star Wars in general. Why? Probably too many to count. But it's too late to make these issues have any impact on the final game. They'd be better used so that SWB3 is a heck of a lot better on next-generation consoles that are actually physically capable of doing these sort of games justice.

Unless I really need to start a thread on "BF1 Dark Trooper sucks versus rebel pilot" as if it matters now.

Oh yeah, Zerted, the Alien vs Predator films/games are a good example of attention to detail, you get a pretty convincing array of abilities. Heck, running around as an alien on ceilings and feasting on the brains of innocents is amazing. Or being able to plasmacaster someone while invisible as a Predator is quite cool.

btw i never posted the "...in the name of something real evil" thing but my name is above this quote, so how did that happen....

Shoot, my bad... I'll edit it.

u said in any post u like realism in games, dunno if it was in this thread...well dont tell me the BF2 Stunts are realistic, u cant blow a tank miles away with 3 Detpacks on its back, some BF2 stunts may be realistic, but that definitly not, so ur loved Battlefield is even not the most realistic game, but that may not make the game worse i know the battlefield series is great, but there are even unrealistics

I'm unsure of what you mean by "BF2 Stunts." If you C4 a tank it just blows up, not get thrown across the place.

Also, I hope that I didn't step on any toes too bad in this thread. If anyone feels that my attitude is too aggressive I apologize.

To Hordak: I understood your post, mine was partly an attempt at a joke (most of my posts are). Chess popped into my mind when I read "<i>is based on films <b>or whatever...</b></i>. I was more making fun of the many different ways an english phrase can be interpreted then trying to disprove your statement.

Hmm ur a great Battlefield Fan TK, right? and i think BF2 is not ur first BF, so u dont know about the BF stunts which are in every BF game? here some examples

1. You put some TNT on the ground, someone else driving a Jeep straight at that TNT and u blow it in the moment the Jeep is on it, boom, the jeeps fly high through the air (If ur timing is really good)

2. You are in an Aircraft flying over an Airbase, jumping out ur Plane without using the parachute right above an empty plane on the ground, and now before u hit the ground, or the plane in that case, press "Enter" in the right moment to enter the plane without taking any damage

3. i read it somewhere on a Website with some screens of it, 3 x C4 on the back of a Tank, boom the tank flies like a bird in the sky

4. Not a stunt in that kinda meaning, Planes for more than one person, for example the Japanese Plane in BF1942, u go in alone and if someone is on ur tail u switch the seat to the rear gunners position and blow the enemy away (leaving the plane flying alone) then switching back to the pilots seat and fly urself again, if u havent hit the ground yet ^^

that are just some examples of the stunts in the battlefield series, im sure if u are such a big fan u heard of the stunts, if not, then u did that now : )

that are just some examples of the stunts in the battlefield series, im sure if u are such a big fan u heard of the stunts, if not, then u did that now : )

I never played other games in the BF series... I got hooked on BF2 from the free multiplayer demo. But it seems to me that such "stunts" would be impossible in BF2...

Trust me TK, they will work in BF2 aswell, i started BF with BF1942 and from that day i never heard of a BF game without any Stunts...

A Battlefield game without stunts is like Lucas Arts without George (no not the heaven on earth), just unimaginable

...2. You are in an Aircraft flying over an Airbase, jumping out ur Plane without using the parachute right above an empty plane on the ground, and now before u hit the ground, or the plane in that case, press "Enter" in the right moment to enter the plane without taking any damage

Man, thats the type of seat coshinning I want on my chairs...

Technically, I don't think George has much to do with the day-to-day running of Lucasarts... he's more Lucasfilms. Of course, the fact remains that there would be no "Lucas"arts with George, so that's rather moot.

What are we taking about in this thread again? I thought it was SWBF2 hate, now it's BF2 stunts... :confused:

well that climb up bug is not my problem on Rhen Var, i always have my sniper rifle and sit in a Window and wait until the tanker leaves his tank to capture the command post.... The only SWBF Bug i really hate is the "Look i hide in the Wall i can own u until i run out of ammo, and u can do nothing against it cause u can only shoot trough the wall from 1 side, and thats mine"

Do you think that bug that all anti-grav vehicles can climb slopes horrizonatally is still in. I really hope it is. BEST BUG EVER!...

I like that bug too. It really adds some hope to any side that has suddenly been overrun. They can drive over the mountain, get a CP, and lanuch a counter-attack from the new flank.

(I was the first one I saw doing it online. Discovered it last year around Oct. Anyone know of it before that? Just wondering...)

Let's not flame here guys (I know it's not all of you, this is directed at the few who are). It's one thing to be upset/ambivalent or voice real concerns about this game (or the previous one). It's quite another to bash other users of this forum. So let's be civil, even while we disagree.

Everybody understand? Good. ;)

Now that the beta is "free" we should be sending all this feedback directly to Pandemic as well, where it can do the most good.

PS: They really better fix those "hide in wall" exploits on the maps before release. I hope this isn't the reason why they're supposedly nixing certain maps (ignore the problem rather than fix it, so the game suffers).

Alright, I tried the beta. Guess what? It's even worse than I thought.

First of all - BUGGY AS HELL. Alright, well it's a beta still, but there were bugs still remaining from the original Battlefront. But after a few minutes of play... my computer just restarts? WTF? How can you play a game that shuts down your computer after you start playing?

Second - any shred of accuracy to the Star Wars universe has been thrown out, period. Pretty much everything is screwed up. You name it, it's wrong. I'm not even going to make a list of the inaccuracies, unless I can just write "Star Wars Battlefront II" and that includes it all. The devs have made NO effort to stay the slightest bit true to the Star Wars universe... it seems like they screwed it up on purpose.

Third - gameplay HAS NOT BEEN IMPROVED. Physics, animations, combat, everything, is just like the original. People running around everywhere shooting and dying... there's no rhyme or reason to anything. There's no teamwork, there's no skill, there's no sense of seriousness at all. It's just an arcade game.

Fourth - is this 1999? Because it sure looks like it judging by the graphics. I mean, the original Half-Life has better graphics than this. This is 2005, almost 2006... and they're still using the graphics used last millenium.

So anyone saying "hay paly teh gaem b4 whingng abot it!!1" can stop saying that, because I just tried it, which I used to get the above conclusions.

Archived