Home

The FIRST LF Doctor WHo Fan Thread!

The Doctor

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i have a reason to bring this thread up again as last night BBC1 showed the first 5 mins of the new Doctor who, it was children in need a charity thing over hear and they played Doctor who the new Doc David Trette (spel) well i loved Chirs E and this guy played the Doctor well only got to see five mins but he seemed more really hypo but it was good, and it was funny seeing Rose hiding going who are you and he went up to her and said do you remeber when we first met i grabed your hand and said one work ''Run'' it was cute, so yeah good clip you might find it on the BBC website but i don't know.

O I will. No matter what it takes. I have TheKey To Time episodes on DVD, Trial of a Timelord of DVD, and all of Peter Davison's episodes on DVD. I'm looking for the rest of the series, but it's difficult to find here in North America. I will get the rest of the series no matter what the cost.

Again, I know this is a double post, but with the thread being so far down the list, noboy will see this if I just edit my above post.

Now that the new season is less than a month away, there has to be more spoilers and stuff floating around. Has anybody heard anything lately?

Thanks, Commander.

For those of you in the UK, the Christmas Invasion will air Christmas Eve on BBC at 7:00pm.

For those of you in Canada and the US: We won't get to see the new episode until Boxing Day at 8:00 on CBC.

If you see the new episode on BBC One, please don't spoil it for us who have to wait two days to see it : USE SPOILER TAGS IF YOU TALK ABOUT IT.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that we've seen him in the Christmas Invasion, what does everybody think about David Tennant as the Doctor? I think he did an outstanding job. He's almost as funny as Eccleston, and just as good an actor. He'll never be as good as Tom Baker or, my personal favourite, Peter Davison, but he's still up there. What do you think?

"I DEMAND TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!"

"I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!"

"When I see a big threatening button that should never be pressed under any circumstances, all I want to do is THIS!" *presses button*

He's hilarious. Almost as much as Eccleston and Tom Baker, but not quite. And he'll never surpass Davison, who is the Doctor, but he's still great.

What did you think of the intro to Torchwood? Apparently those words will follow the Doctor and Rose just like Bad Wolf did. There's going to be a spin-off show called Torchwood, sarring Jack Barrowman as "Captain" Jack Harkness. I'm gonna watch it if I can get it here in Canada. Is anyone else?

• 3 weeks later...

First Post on LF and naturally I have to getting involved in this thread annoucing my obvious love (see name) of Doctor Who

New series was....well....fantastic! :xp: Christmas special was great, Tennant looks like he is going to be brillient!

Sucker for the old school though. Plan to get City of Death soon on DVD (More Tom Baker and Douglas Adams goodness) First got into The Doctor at age 8 watching Syilvester McCoy in "Rememberence of The Daleks".

If your interested in more Doctor who music, here's a good site:

http://www.dannystewart.com/doctorwho/themes/

BTW Doctor, 6th and 7th Doctor themes sound totally different. I was never keen on the 6th Doctor theme.

Anyway, looking forward to new series....

Anthony Steward Head player a villian ~ ~ ~

Sarah Jane Smith ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

K9 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Cybermen! ~ times infinity!

See you all round the forum

• 2 weeks later...

This discussion began in the thread entitled "Best TV Show in History".

He's [the ninth Doctor] the stupidest and most violent "Drwho", he's about as funny as a kick in the teeth, and about as intelligent as the person who came up with the "pee tree" idea. Possibly less. Also, Colin Baker was not playing himself.

How is he not funnny? I direct you to the following quotes:

Rose - If you're an alien, how come you sound like you're from the North?

The Doctor - Lots of planets have a North!

Jackie - I'm in my dressing gown

Doctor - Yes you are

Jackie - There's a strange man in my bedroom

Doctor - Yes there is

Jackie - Well anything could happen

Doctor - No it couldn't

Doctor (reading Rose's celebrity magazine) - That wont last, he's gay and she's an alien.

Rose - Who are you?

Doctor - I told you, the Doctor

Rose - Yeah but Doctor what?

Doctor - Just the Doctor

Rose - The Doctor?

Doctor (waves fingers in the air) - Hello

Doctor - Right, where do you want to start

Rose - The inside's bigger than the outside

Doctor - Yes

Rose - It's alien

Doctor - Yep

Rose - Are you alien

Doctor - Yes....Is that all right?

Rose - Yeah

Doctor - Its called the TARDIS, this thing. T A R D I S. Thats Time and Relative Dimensions in Space

(Rose begins to cry)

Doctor - That's OK...culture shock. Happens to the best of us.

(The Doctor has asked Rose to go with him in the TARDIS)

Mickey - Don't...he's an alien, he's a thing

Doctor - He's not invited

That's just a few of the ones from his first episode. Shall I go on?

Ok, his Doctor was darker than the others, but that's a good thing. It adds more mystery to the character, which, in my opinion, has been deminishing since Tom Baker took over the part. And after the revelation that the Doctor is half human, it's like there was nothing we didn't know about him. This darkness that he's developed stems from the destruction of Gallifrey in the Time War, which is what adds to his mystery - what did he do that destroyed his people? Why did he do it? wtc.

Anyone seen the doctor who webcasts. I'd recommend seeing ' scream of the shalka' with Richard E Grant as the unofficial ninth doctor (before they decided on a new series) Watch it herehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/

Also Shada is great, but I haven't seen the third.

Archived