Home

Clairvoyance

hi, I´m having a problem using Clairvoyance in the Milksman Conspiracy level.

Each time I use it on a character, it just disappear!!!!

So Im stuck, cause I know I need Clairvoyance to get past that level. Why is it happening?!? Can´t understand, is it a bug?

help me please!!

ps: sorry for my bad english :smash:

I think that's normal, you see when you use clairvoyance you see the world through their eyes, so think of it this way, can you see yourself? (not Raz, actually you) of course not, so naturally the chracter cannot see themself.

Other then yet, yeah wipe the CD.

no, it´s not normal... ok, let me explain it carefully, when I use Clairvoyance on the guard, for example, The camera doesn´t change its position, the guard just disappears, the scene gets full of some sort of figments or indications, and I´m still able to control raz....

when you use clairvoyance, you see through his eyes, right? 1st person? cause if it is that what is supposed to happen, well, in that case, this is a bug...

like I said before, sorry for my baaaad english

Okay...so if I'm understanding you...you go to use clairvoyance and the character you're attempting to use it on just...disappears? Nothing else changes? Because what you should be seeing is something like this, where the cartoony hedgetrimmer guy is Raz, just how one of the characters sees him. You're still able to control Raz, but you have no control over the camera, and you're seeing him through the eyes of whoever you've used clairvoyance on.

If I'm understanding you right and the characters are just disappearing and you're not getting a screen like the one I linked to, then...honestly, I'd say report it to either DoubleFine or Majesco, because that's a serious bug, and also one I don't think anyone's run into before.

ok guys, this is definitively, a bug, but I´m not reporting it though.

I dont mind starting over, and trying again. I´ve been reading about a bug that happens while loading, that corrupt the rest of the game, maybe i´ve came across with one of this, I dont know....

By the way, Psychonauts turned out to be one of the best games i´ve played so far, It has an original story, and I really enjoy its twisted style!

thanks guys for helping! bye!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am having the same problem. I am on the milkman level, and when ever I try to use clairvoyance on anything the thing I used it on just disappears, the gmen, mailboxes, items, everything. I am running on a geforce 4600. Any ideas what to do? I tried starting a new profile and using the same game editor to get to the level, but once I got the power the same thing happened. Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

The same thing happens for me. Although in Milkmans level It helps me a lot (I can make all those suspicious guys to disappear and I dont need any special item) but sometimes it makes me mad!! For example when I use this psi on this green warm that can teleport me to any level it just... disappear. And everything else that Raz can use/look at also disappear when using clairvoyance. It would be madnes to start everything all over and if the game broke again...

But I think that I found the solution. For me it happens when I have game with patch v1.04. I just reinstal game and DO NOT apply patch. I know that it may fix some problems but... I prefere that than missing those funny cartoon "sketchs" that are instead of Raz when someone is looking at me :)

Archived