Home

Hello, questions about SWG

KennyM

Hello, I'm brand new to these forums and I have a few questions about SWG, because I'm thinking of switching from Final Fantasy XI to it. I was just wondering about the general feel of the game, how people like it, pros and cons... I'm sorry if I'm being way too vague, but I just gotta hear about it more from some real players before I make the investment in switching MMORPG's.... I've read a lot of reviews and seen the screenshots, but I know from experience those don't tell much about the game. Some of my main questions are-

1) How big is the PvP, I mean like how often does it occur and how many people do it.

2) For JTL, are major ships availible for piloting, such as Star Destroyers or Mon Calamari Cruisers?

3) This is something that worries me about the game, Is there an uber amount of Jedi?

4) Whats the combat system like? Is it like FPS or kind of Everquest/WoW or FFXI for those of you who have played that.

5) How in-depth is the player-run city system?

6) One of my most worrying questions, does the leveling or "skilling-up" get monotonous?

so if anyone could help me out a bit, that would be great. Thanks! :)

1) Bria has a lot of pvp

2) Unfortuently not

3) Yes. Well, it acutally depends on the server. On bria, you can't turn without seeing a jedi

4) Kinda, it used to be an independent game, which was terrible

5) I am not sure on this one

6) Yes, kinda.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I recently created a city and guild from scratch. Its extremely hard work and very expensive. The downside to player cities are the bugs. Theres so many. Also, the way experience points are worked out for Policitians is annoying. Currently, I am just 50 points short of filling a skill box, so I can place better things in the city. The downside? I have to wait 3 weeks after the next election cycle.

Recently, they introduced 'house pack up' which is probably the best thing to hit the game since the off switch! Players dont have to empty the contents of their houses anymore, just pack it up and move it.

As for pvp you really will need to check the servers, but most have hardly any pvp and those that do pvp have it spoilt by Jedi. As for the levelling up..its a drag. I havent experienced any game like this. Its like a second job and if you want to change profession, you have to drop skills and 'unlearn' what you have learnt!

This is set to change soon with major announcements due as SWG looks to become a clone of World Of Warcraft.

DMUK

1) You can have 1 character per server, but when you unlock jedi, you can have 2. I am not sure what the character limit it, though

2) They can definitley interact with eachother, but if you are like an imperial and you talk to a rebel, they won't be very nice to you.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Being a bounty hunter is a waste of time and a long long grind. I was one and it was probably the best profession in the game. I loved the chance, the excitement...until, one day, Sony decided to change it. Like everything they do, theres no planning involved.

Then, hunting jedi became pointless. Why? First, you couldnt actually track your target because you didnt have their name any more. My target actually walked past me once. The main reason for removing the name from the terminal was because Jedi were crying over Bounty Hunter gank squads. a group of max 5 bounty hunters would track down the elite jedi and 8/10 times kill them. Now, Jedi are all but impossible to kill and thanks to the Jedi home world - Kashyyk - where Jedi can afk (away from keyboard) grind all day and night. Oh and Bounty Hunters cant track them there, because the seeker droids wont work on Kashyyk.

DMUK

Hitting the cancel button :)

lol, sorry I meant class or profession or whatever they are called, in FFXI they are called jobs. To be more specific, what is the most enjoyable job, doesn't matter skill point amount to get to or anything, just what do you guys think would be the most enjoyable job?

PS- Thanks for all of your help and being so friendly, I really like these forums so far :)

Most people master two elite combat professions and spend the rest of their skill points on stuff to support them. Depends on what you want to do, really. I think Pistoleer + Rifleman and Teras Kasi Artist + Swordsman are popular duos. A lot of bounty hunters seem to master Rifleman or Combat Medic too.

Personally, I'd like to see a bounty hunter with master carbineer. Just for a change. I don't think I've seen a single bounty hunter in battle armour since the combat upgrade...

Archived