Home

Hardest Parts?

This post will obviously contain spoilers.

What did you find to be the hardest parts of the game?

I have two places. The end of Waterloo World, is the first. The platforming sequence, oh, that sequence drove me nuts.

I spent a day trying to do it, struggling to do a combination of jump-double jump-float (as I have the PC version, and the keys are confusing) for a part in the middle of sequence. It didn't help when I had to leave the computer and so the censors came back again.

Then I left it and went and did Black Velvetopia, and returned again. And spent another day attempting it, figured out where I'd been going wrong near the end of the sequence, spent ages getting to that point, got over to just before the last point, stared at the screen for five minutes, because I was worried I'd end up falling.

XD You can tell it was my first platformer.

My second bit is the part I'm at now: The Meat Circus. I'm at the beginning, I've got up three levels of that room (past one knife wielding guy) and God, it's driving me crazy. The platforming isn't so bad when you're used to it. It's those stupid guys with the knives, I couldn't get the knives to go in at an angle that I could use them to swing up a level. And still can't.

How irritating.

Anyway, what have you found to be the hardest parts of Psychonauts?

Oho, the hardest part for me?

It took me FOREVER to find the scripts in Gloria's mind. FOREVER. And that last part in WW killed me so much. And the obstacle course... the part with the knife guy. He throws the knives and you have to jump on them.

Same here, except I also had trouble on BV. ALOT.

Trying to find Fred's last fairy figment.

But I confess.

The hardest point was figuring out where to go after I beat Boyd's world. I beat the **** out of him for hours, seeing if he would allow me to go up. It also took a few days for me to register that jumping around Boyd while doing a sacrificial dance was not going to work.

The hardest part was at the meat circus while walking on the tightrope. The part where Raz's dad throws stuff at you. I didn't realize you could turn invisible!!

I seriously thought that by the end of the day I would be laying on a stretcher after having a heart attack from that part.

It also took a few days for me to register that jumping around Boyd while doing a sacrificial dance was not going to work.

Mental image...too funny...must not...spit water...on keyboard...dang it! *ded*

Erm. Anyway. Hardest parts, yes.

For some reason, I failed Milla's Dance Party the first time. Miserably. I have no idea why...I just couldn't do it right for some reason. Probably had something to do with it being my first platformer since the days of Super Mario Bros. 3.

Boss battles got kind of tricky, too, particularly Kochamara, the Den Mother (*stabnation*) and Jasper (was laughing too hard at the concept to do it right the first time). Sasha's Mega Censor tends to school me on a regular basis, too.

Oh, and the first part of the Meat Circus nearly made me strangle myself and/or others with the controller cord. It took me days to get past that part. I got stuck on the obstacle course, too, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the first part. I still get a twitch in my eye just thinking about it. (And am I the only person who doesn't find the Tunnel of Love hard at all...?)

Mental image...too funny...must not...spit water...on keyboard...dang it! *ded*

I'm glad that my grief made you laugh. I had the same problem with Crispin, except I had a staring contest with him. At 12 at night trying to bore holes through people's heads so they die, doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Ooh, yeah, this was my first ever platformer, I really struggled with Milla's dance party, though it did train me to use the levitation ball well. I could get two rings going and kept missing the other, when I got it, another would have stopped. Ooh, that level annoyed me. :p

For some reason, the part in WW when you have to jump from the roof to the netting on the tower took FOREVER. By the time I was able to cling to the bottom of the netting I was about ready to break my controller in two.

And then there was the Meat Circus. That pretty much explains itself.

Waterloo World made me hit myself in the face with the controller. Not because it was... well, it wasn't the bad guys. It was this damn glitch I didn't know was there! So I couldn't get through the door.

I had a surprisingly easy time in Milla's Dance Party. I'm a naturally talented levitator, I suppose. Brag.

Archived