Home

NSSEditor v1.0 -- Script Editor

Well I've finally done it I have released my first utility. After piecing together sourcecode from various different source examples at planetsourcecode.com I have developed a scripter interface for my fellow modders. There are still many features that I am working on such as Keyword highlighting and more advanced script compiling calls.

Here is the readme:

NSSEditor Readme:

Author: Darkkender

Version: 1.0

System Requirements: Windows 2000 or later(this is due to some of the features within the editor.)

This is a rather simple utility designed with the scripter in mind. In the current version it serves simply as a advanced version of notepad. It also provides you with the means to compile TSL scripts only by default. Future releases will have the option to compile using various different switches and for the different versions of nwnnsscomp.exe. If you want to make use of this for other versions of NWN script simply change the the included compile.bat file at this time to read the proper paramaters that you want it to use. Expect this to change in version 2. Also in later versions will be keyword context highlighting features.

When clicking on the compile button make sure to have saved your current script before compiling or it won't compile.

You can download it here:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/16800.html

Direct Link.

http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/16800/NSSEditor.rar

Sweet deal man! I'll definitely have to check this one out :D(you know me.. Script-Tard® extraordinaire.. hehehe)

Well this won't help you get any better just help you to have them typed and compiled in one place.:p

However given some time I might even come up with a help file for ready scripting access. ;)

This will definately makes things easier. I love one stop shopping.

If I could start a wishlist for future versions, how tough would it be to pull functions and variable names from the main nwscript file? Something like a dropdown box that lists all the functions and/or the constants, and inserts a template of it into your script.

If I were being really greedy, I'd also suggest a tool tip that showed the comments for the function you're hovering over - but I won't. :ang3::naughty:

Great job, hopefully one of these days I'll get around to sitting down and using all these great tools for more than some quick skins and the occassional doomsday weapon. The spirit is willing, but the flesh get's too involved "testing" or "checking" something, and it's now midnight and I've spent the past 4 hours playing the game.

This will definately makes things easier. I love one stop shopping.

If I could start a wishlist for future versions, how tough would it be to pull functions and variable names from the main nwscript file? Something like a dropdown box that lists all the functions and/or the constants, and inserts a template of it into your script.

If I were being really greedy, I'd also suggest a tool tip that showed the comments for the function you're hovering over - but I won't. :ang3::naughty:

Great job, hopefully one of these days I'll get around to sitting down and using all these great tools for more than some quick skins and the occassional doomsday weapon. The spirit is willing, but the flesh get's too involved "testing" or "checking" something, and it's now midnight and I've spent the past 4 hours playing the game.

I think I may want to focus on the stuff like keyword realtime context highlighting before I try even much more elaborate means. However I am working on help files from the help menu listing the various scripting functions for kotor 1 & 2.

• 9 months later...

Archived