Home

Rebirth of Mandalore

Mandalorian54

"They should be back soon. We'll have to get to a clear place to signal them."

He knelt down and activated a small map of the planet. He found their location, and saw a plateau.

"This is our best bet. We'll head there and establish a defensive position on it. Hopefully the ship'll get here before the mercenaries find us. What do you think?"

"Sounds like a sound plan." Said the corporal.

"All right. Let's move."

Dag signalled the plateau. Now inside each mandalorians' helmet the location was marked.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((It's an independant Russian/Swiss movie that hasn't been released. I haven't even seen it but I hear it's really good and I've been trying to get it for a while. Anyway, your slogo just reminded me of it.))

As the Mandalorians arrived at the Plateau they could see in the distance a dark blurr moving towards them. Zooming in with their helmets identified a group of mercinaries approaching them. "I hope the ship get's here fast," Silis said, "Who knows how many more Mercs we're going to have to deal with."

Dag ordered two privates to keep an eye on the group of mercenaries with sniper rifles, and to open fire if they get to close. He and the corporal quickly installed a small satelite that sent out a homing beacon that could only be decrypted by Mandalorian ships.

The mercenaries slowly got closer. Suddenly in the air, they could see the mandalorian ship. The mercenaries saw it, and one prepared a rocket launcher, but the sniper expertly took him down. The other sniper also opened fire and slowly they began eliminating the group one-by-one until the ship landed. They kept firing on the mercenaries as they boarded.

"Get us out of here!" Said Dag. "It was a ruse."

The mercinaries took cover and there were a few snipers among them. One Mandalorian went down and another hauled him over his shoulder and boarded the ship. When all of the Mandalorians were safely onboard the ship a pair of merc ships appeared in the distance and opened fire as they came closer. The Mandalorians headed back into space pursuied by the two merc ships, but they managed to escape the planet's atmosphere in one piece and make the jump to lightspeed.

The mercinaries had failed their mission and would leave empty handed and pennyless.

-------------------

Alex Neuwest was about to leave General Avlis' office when Avlis called him back. "Wait Alex, I have a better idea..."

------------------

As Dag, his squad, and Jarel arrived on Mandalore they were welcomed by Genral Avlis himself. The General greeted Dag personally, "How did the mission go? Did you locate the Republic's army?"

When Dag had given the General a full explenation of what had happened Avlis pretended to be concerned, "I think you're right in assuming someone is trying to start a war, we were attacked by a Republic ship a few hours ago." The General turned and started walking with Dag, "I have another job for your squad. I will have your ranks replenished and you shall depart within the hour, it is a matter of grave importance. We have been suspecting for some time that one of our own soldiers is leeking information to the Republic, she is going off world to visit family." He looked seriously over to Dag, "A cover no doubt. I want your squad to follow her and find out everything you can, if we don't get ahold of whoever's setting us up for a war soon, we may not have enough time to stop it." Avlis handed Dag a datapad, "Here's all the info you'll need and I'll have some men over in twenty minutes to replenish your squad." Just before Avlis left he turned back around to face Dag, "Good luck on the mission." Avlis saluted before disapearing.

There was nothing strange about the procedure, nothing odd about the mission, and nothing suspicious about Avlis' actions...still Dag could feel in his gut that something was wrong.

--------------------

"Lin!" Neuwest shouted as he jogged over to her, "Lin, Graven is returning to Sarapin." He stopped when he reached her and caught his breath for a moment, "He's going to gather his Mandalorians and bring them here to help us...or so he says. Avlis doesn't trust him. I know I sent you to him to bring you here but there's something about him. He's...well..." Avlis looked worried and his eyes darted, finally he looked Lin straight in the eye, "We think he's a traitor, we think he's the one who's trying to start a war and that on Sarapin he's going to meet with the Republic and leek top secret information. I know it's a great burden to ask of you since we haven't known each other long and you've only just come to Mandalore. But the Mandalorians need your help, you've been with Graven, and to Sarapin, you've fought with him, and he trusts you. You're the only one we can count on. I can't come with you either, Graven would suspect too much since I am supposed to return to Riflor for the restoration proccess. I'm sorry, it is a dangerous mission but we need your help."

((Lin is the girl Dag's squad must follow. Jokemaster and Princess Lyla, it's your turn, use the information I've given you and take your own liberties with the plot. Wildjedi, I'm not really sure how to give your character more to do then tag along with Dag, but that might not be super fun so if you want to come up with some idea to give yourself more to do and be involved with the main plot at the same time, by all means. If you can't think of anything you can use this:

An assassin has been following Jarel ever since she was hired by the Mandalorian, now that she has played her role she is due for termination. The assassin ambushes her while Dag is talking with Avlis and Jarel is away from the group, she kills the assassin and finds a datapad with information on her and whoever hired him to kill her. Jarel decides to leave the Mandalorians and track down whoever hired the assassin to kill her. The trail leads to Graven and Jarel is there to attack him when he arrives at Sarapin.))

((Well for doing damage to Dag's ship and injuring some of his men, Jen feels a bit of obligation to help him now, so you can pretty much garuntee she'd follow him anyway... but she'll report to General Avlis and make a formal request to rejoin Mandalorian forces and be placed under Dag's command.))

Jen found Dag with a somewhat puzzled look on his face. "What's wrong?"

((After a short conversation with Dag, she'll go see the general.))

"I'll be back." Jen hurried off to find the General. When she found him, she confronted him without a bow or a salute... she was not under Mandalorian command... yet.

"General," she said. "Consider this my formal request to rejoin Mandalorian forces. I further request to be placed under Dag Laoni."

Lin looked straight at Alex’s eyes.

- “I’ll get right on it” – Lin said and walked away.

Lin was given an Advanced Basilisk with her name on it and she took it and headed for Sarapin, she went into Hyperspace still thinking about what had happened on the Republic ship.

- “Why? I still can’t explain why, that look in his eyes while he shot the commander, it wasn’t the look of a cold mind, he was happy, it was satisfying for him” – Lin said to herself as she sped out of Hyperspace and arrived at Sarapin, she landed on the main hangar bay and left to the hallways of the city.

- “Captain Jarrel!” – Captain Xorgo called out.

- “Yes Captain Xorgo?” – Lin replied.

- “General Graven request your immediate council” – Xorgo said.

- “Of course, lead the way” – Lin said and followed Xorgo closely.

They arrived at his office and then several Mandalorian troops took aim at her.

- “Sorry Jarrel, as good a man your father was I can’t let you ruin our plans because of his memory” – General Graven said.

Lin was surrounded, Captain Xorgo took her weapons except the saber which she had concealed in a secret pocket on her armor just on her right leg, the jetpack was taken too and left on Graven’s desk.

- “So this is what it came to? Mandalorians gathering for a war? Why?” – Lin said.

- “You know what the most profitable business in this galaxy is?...War” – Graven said.

- “But why? Launching a full scale war against the republic is a bad move, history will repeat itself again, we’ll be slaughtered” – Lin said.

- “Casualties will always exist but they will be for greater good, the Jedi are weak, their numbers are not as great as they used to be, the armies of the republic suffered the effects of the Yuuzhan Vong, their lines are thin, we can move on them and restore the glory of the mandalorians” – Graven said.

- “Empty words general, you care only about making money” – Lin said glaring at him.

- “It is another purpose but a very important objective, but so the other Generals don’t suspect me you must take the blame, I am sorry Jarrel, I hate to loose you, but since you can’t be able to do a little evil I must say you forced my hand” – General Graven said.

- “No one will believe it” – Lin said.

- “Oh yes they will especially with witnesses, my entire troops and another Mandalorian squad was deployed to follow you, General Avlis sent them after you so they can see and testify that the saw you speaking to a republic agent, we bought ourselves our republic agent and he will stage the meeting between you two and when the others arrive they will see you there and take you down...good bye Jarrel” – “General Graven said and signaled the troops to take her away and they took her things after her.

Lin was take to some kind of courtyard and there the republic agent was standing with other troopers dressed as republic guards.

- “You are the decoy?” – The agent said.

- “If you say so” – Lin said.

- “Good” - he said and took out some papers that he faked that she had given those to him.

- “Thank you, our senators will be very pleased with this information” – the agent said.

- “I can’t wait to kill you” – Lin said.

- “You’ve got no weapons, and no one to cover you” – the agent said.

Lin thought for a moment, “The lightsaber...I still have it”, she thought and grinned but she was still surrounded by other Mandalorians faking to point their weapons at the agent but only one of them was pointing at Lin.

- “What are you grinning about, you’re outnumbered and weaponless, what do you think you can do?” – the agent asked.

The secret compartment on her leg opened and she took out the lightsaber and ignited it she slashed at the agent cutting him in two, the others started shooting, she dodged a couple of shot and killed one of the rebel troopers and took his weapon and fired at the other killing them except one.

- “Don’t shoot!” – he said and tried to pull another gun out of his holster and Lin beat him to it with a shot to his head.

A blast door opened near her and it was the man she met earlier at the base, Ryker.

- “Lin this way I’ll show you to your weapons” – Ryker said and walked her to a room where all her weapons and jetpack were.

- “Thank you, but why help me Ryker?” – Lin asked.

- “Because I heard it all, I couldn’t stand by and watch” – Ryker said.

Lin moved closer to him and kissed him on the cheek.

- “Thanks, I’ll see you later after I’m finished with Graven” – Lin said and ran to the office, she shot everyone on the way and got to his office.

- “What the...” – Graven said and tried to take out a gun and Lin shot him on the arm.

- “Now it’s time to confess General” – Lin said moving forward and taking out her saber and putting it to his throat.

- “Maybe I shouldn’t have given you that” – Graven said looking at the red bladed lightsaber.

- “What are you gonna do Jarrel? You’ve only compleated my cover better than how I planned it, now that you killed everyone on the base you have condemned yourself, they will believe you are responsible for what happened here today and they will kill you” – Graven said and Ryker entered.

- “Not if I give them this datapad” – Ryker said.

- “Ryker, what are you doing?” – Graven said.

- “Sorry General but I’ve been silent too long” – Ryker said.

- “You are both fools events have been set in motion that cannot be stopped, the war will happen, and Dag’s ship will be here shortly, who do you think he’ll believe, you or the great General Graven?” – Graven said.

- “Well just have to hope he’s a good judge of character then” – Lin said.

During the chaos Lin was stirring word reached Avlis of the plans slight trail from corse. No matter, he would just have to speed things up a bit. "Dag," Avlis' voice called in his helmet's headphone, "Dag, the mission has changed slightly, the Mandalorian traitor has gone rouge and is killing republic and Mandalorian forces. Hurry to Sarapin and eliminate her."

"All right." He turned to the pilot. "We're ready."

The ship took off and entered hyperspace, meanwhile Dag briefed the troops. When he finished with their orders he added.

"However, due to how our last mission went, I'd like to get her alive." The survivors of the first mission nodded, while the new members of the squad looked confused.

"Sir.....what exactly happened last mission?" Asked one of the new guys, a recruit. Dag sighed and told him the story.

"Well, if she's the one behind this then why don't we just kill-"

"Because I'm not so sure she's the one behind this. Any other questions?"

Everyone remained silent.

"All right, everyone make sure your equipment is working properly. I want this mission done fast."

((Sorry Jenira :p))

When Dag's ship came out of hyperspace there was a large number of republic ships waiting for them. The republic ships sparred no notice, they opened fire immediately.

The ship sustained heavy damage but a group of Mandalorian ships came to the rescue. As a small space battle ensued Dag recieved a transmission, "Dag, this is Lutenant Jasper. We'll hold off these republic ships until you can land safely." The coordinates of the Mandalorian base were transferred over to Dag's ship.

The pilot dodged ships and lasers, and with the other Mandalorian ships running interference, it managed to land without much more damaged. Dag and the squad immediately jumped out of the ship when they landed, ready for action.

"What's the situation?" Asked Dag to the nearest Mandalorian.

- “You hear that Jarrel? The troops have just arrived” – General Graven said.

- “Well then we’ll just have to move you to a better location where we can have the advantage in case they can’t reason with us” – Lin said and took the lightsaber and placed the blade under Graven’s chin.

- “Move sir” – Lin demanded and Graven started walking and got inside a room full of automated guns, Ryker went behind the console and set it to his control.

- “We got the twenty turrets online and they will fire if they attack us, I’ve set a code so that no slicer can break it, only we have the control” – Ryker said.

- “Good, we will wait for them here, and we will unmask you before them General” – Lin said.

- “Pray that you can girl, pray for it” – General Graven said, too confident that Dag’s forces would believe him rather than Lin, Lin held the saber with her right hand and took out one of her blaster with the left one.

- “They’ll be here shortly, stay sharp Ryker” – Lin said.

"Yes, I think she has one of our other men hostage with her." When Dag's team arrived at the scene there was a number of Mandalorians keeping watch outside of a room. "Lin is in there with the General and another Mandalorian, the room is filled with automated turrets. How will you proceed?"

Archived