Home

Mythbusters

RC-1162

It's an Hungarian myth I think. Anyway they make a cannon out of a tree, using medieval techniques (well at least at the start). They intend to see if the cannon can shoot a cannonball made of rock (first they used a tennisball). After that they blow up the cannon using the remainder of their gunpowder (a few kilos, normally to fire a cannonball about 75 to 150 grams are used and 1 kilo is 1000 grams, in case they don't teach the metric system where you live). The cannon can actually fire a cannonball and it can also be blown up. Fun thing is that they thought the wood wouldn't fly a certain distance, but it flew well over that distance. However I'm not sure what else was on that episode.

It is so funny because even if the myth is busted, they still make it happen. Like the tree cannon, they proved that it was possible to make a tree cannon that would fire a cannonball, and wouldn't blow up. Of course, they just had to blow up the cannon anyways by putting tons of gunpowder in it and plugging the hole.

I just watched one where they were seeing if you could get your head chopped off by jumping up into a fan. The closest they got was a big huge fan that would have left a lethal injury, but it didn't chop off the guys head. Finally, they built one out of a lawnmower with razor sharp blades. Tested it out with Adam's glasses on its face. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen, it ripped apart the head. If you watched it in slow motion you could see the glasses go up in the air, and then slowly come down... And just get smacked across the room by one of the blades :lol:.

lol a tree cannon. Whats next, a battle bush? A kelp katapult?

Well they did make a Trebuchet out of some sort of truck with a long arm and a bucket (well something like that) on that arm (as those things used to work in heigh places, such as fixing street lighting, but this one was much larger). They lifted it onto 2 times 2 (that is 2 containers on top of each other on the left and the same configuration on the right) of those cargo containers seen on ships. It launched Buster...

Not very far.

Archived