Home

Crimson Skies

ME_Jeldren

Someone playing Crimson Skies here? I am playing it online

sometimes because most people what to recuit you instead of

playing with you in the XvT/XWA rooms. It is a pretty nice

action flightsim which runs much better than XvT/XWA online.

The gameplay reminds me a bit of starlancer exept that the AI

is a bit smarter and wingmen are a bit more usefull. The main

problem is that the game let's you design your own craft

which are much more powerfull than stock planes flown by

AI opponents. This is also a problem in multi games. A pilot

who flies a well designed craft which fits his playing style

has a serious advantage over another pilot who hasn't got a

good custom plane.

I think that X-Wing author Michael A. Stackpole has something to do with that game.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

• 1 year later...

One of the creatures of crimson skies is Jordan Weisman, he is the ceo of WizKids LLC, who now owns mechwarrior:dark ages, mageknight, and heroclicks.

In teh next year or so, crimson skies is going to be rereleased, so keep an eye out for it.

Originally posted by ME_Jeldren

A pilot [in a] well designed craft which fits his playing style

has a serious advantage.

How unrealistic :rolleyes:

Good thing in WWII the Corsair and the Zero were the same plane and the Americans just had the better pilots, not a significant technological advantage embodied in the superior aircraft.

lol i guess i did. hehe i am sure Jordan doesnt like being called a creature.....

Crimson skies is actually originaly a table top game. its pretty fun to play with a huge city and lots of planes.

all i know currently is that is going to be redone. i know that the table top version is bing revamped and i think maybe the computer version knowing jordan and his cronies... i know the table top version will become clicked based. i am hopig to get the opportunity to be part of the alpha playtest for that game.

yeah, i have been busy doing things, though i do occasionaly look into here. life is getting pretty crazy on this end. I am now part of the cgc (chicagoland gamers conclave) and have been put incharge of collectable minis for their convention. which translates into lots of time and stuff. and of course trying to cultivate a relationship along with it is time consuming...

crimson skies started as a table top game. now i have never seen the video flight simulator, so you guys have me there. the crimson skies that i know has painted minis, and awesome stuff along with it. i keep forgetting we dont have very many miniture players here, that this is a pc forum.

Used to,.. back in junior high. It's been a LOOOOOONG while since I've done it, in other words.

I never played any type of flight sims, but I remember them being around. Played a couple of space battle games, but mostly historical battle recreations or D&D fantasy type of combat senarios.

I never got that into it though, not nearly as much as some people I knew (the guys with the sand-tables in the basement and the scale replicas of every major division to ever fight a battle.) Too many rules to remember, too many charts to carry around, too much equipment in the form of lead minatures, and too slow.

Plus, it doesn't help that I'm a lousy strategist. When you always lose there isn't much incentive to stick with it.

I like Crimson Skies, it had that old cinema feel too it as I stole starlets, dealt with nefarious traps and had a battle over Broadway. It was a months worth of fun that destroyed my Logitech force feedback joystick. That and the replacement. I had to get a Microsoft one.

For the most part. The overall physical scale tends to be a lot bigger, and the some of really hardcore players build scale-replicas of the actual battle terrain on the aforementioned "sand-tables" that can take up entire basements. You really need a lot of real-estate to do it right... it's really kind of lame on a dining-room table.

Then there's the dozens of rulebooks, suppliments, and battle charts that are needed, depending on the type of game campaign... sword and sorcery type games require a lot more of all those things than a simple re-enactment of a pre-artillery historical battle,.. although it gets more complex as you add more modern combat technology.

I once played some WWII game thing like that. I was the Germans. Every time I lost a unit, I would claim it wasn't destroyed because "The Fuhrer commands the unit to survive." After a while, and endless yellings of "the Fuhrer commands it!" i got my enemy to surrender.

Archived