Home

FPS-style combat with a blaster?

Darth Ducky

I have to ask those who insist on FPS in KOTOR: have you ever played and enjoyed games like Baldurs Gate I and II? Planescape: Torment? Fallout I and II? Neverwinter Nights?

The reason I ask is it seems people that ask for FPS in KOTOR are people that probably aren't really interested in "RPGs". They're more interested in Star Wars, and thus they want KOTOR to match their ideal game (a FPS game).

Am I wrong?

@IndianaSolo - No, it seems you are correct.

If I want an FPS game, I play JA, JO, or JK. I play KotOR (when the damn save isn't corrupt) because it's turn-based... thing... leaves nothing up to your personal skill. If you have "Pause after combat round" on in KotOR, you can play it with a broken arm. Try doing that with JA. You'd break your other arm! And you'd still lose!

EDIT - How dare you post while I do?? :lightning

It's not a bad idea, really. Maybe not KOTOR as a first person shooter, but a First person shooter starwars game wouldn't hurt. Have you ever played RPG/FPS games like Deus Ex and so many others? If you have, you may start to think about it (not an insult).

If you want FPS in a Star Wars game, click here

I see no reason why it should be implemented in KOTOR when you can just as easily talk about these features on that forum.

Archived