Home

Did the Empire continue cloning after the Clone Wars?

RobQel-Droma

Did they ever have recruits (as grunt Stormtroopers)?

I can't say for sure. It's never really been confirmed. I believe that there is a bit of separation between clones and recruits in the Stormtrooper ranks, putting clones as Stormtrooper grunts and recruits as Stormtrooper officers. It makes sense to me that regular humans would be given priority over clones, who are likely to be less skilled at leading.

Ah, recruits as in officers, okay fine, sure the Academies would be volunteers. I keep forgetting that sometimes officers wear the armor (at least in theory, we never see this in the movies, but we'd never really know unless one of them took a line or took off his helmet to show us). I was thinking conscripts, since Lucas mentions "normal guys getting shanghaied" by the Empire to fill out the ranks later on. Conscripts tend to make the worst kind of troops, at least in our world.

It might be one of those sorts of deals where people volunteer in order not to get drafted though, as is eluded to in the deleted scenes for ANH (with Biggs) for example. So in a sense they're still being pressured to join up, but some jobs are better than others. The Empire is so big, chances are most soldiers aren't going to be doing much other than glorified guard duty, rather than getting shot at by Rebels or being ordered to quell uprisings, harass the populance or get choked by Darth Vader...

• 2 years later...

Well we know that at least some stormies are non-clones. This is especially true if you think about less combat oriented duties (such as inner city guard duty) which would not require the well designed clones, but some disposable farmboys from distant planets would work just fine. Remember, not every non-lone stormie goes thru those elite training as depicted, some probably recieve really basic training and then thrown into simple deadend jobs in those remote planets.

Also note that pilots and such contains quite a bit of non-clones.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm sorry for replying to an old thread, and this is probably old news, but in the game Force Unleashed II, this is written about stormtroopers in the databank:

Cody, Imperial Battalion Commander,

Operational Log (excerpt):

Since the Empire has redirected the

clone trooper program to other

pursuits and stepped up recruiting

inferior humans from the Outer Rim,

the operational effectiveness of this

army has declined significantly. The

stormtroopers in my own battalion

are expendable buffoons. They have

neither common sense, nor sense of

their own surroundings. Just today I

witnessed a new recruit hit his head

on a blast door during maneuvers.

Blasted idiots! What a disgrace to

the heritage and legacy of a once

truly incredible fighting force.

As one of the last clones in service

today, few others can share in my

disdain for these men. I'd sacrifice an

entire platoon of new stormtrooper

recruits for just one real clone

trooper. If the clone template were

still alive, I think he'd kill them all

himself.

Even in the Battlefront 2 campaign, Cody makes a statement about new recruits not being of clone tech, And states that the new uniforms, which are Stormtroopers replaced the clone trooper armor, And he even mentions how there are few clones left, So i guess after the clones had been reduced the Emperor started recruiting humans from all over the galaxy.

To answear the question why stormtroopers are a lousy shot, because their laser rifles suck, I mean when i hold the mouse 2 button and fire multiple shots, you can clearly see every shot go in a different direction, Except straight!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/clonetroopers/?id=eu

"Following the rise of the Empire, the military cloning program expanded to include new clone hosts. By the time of the Empire consolidated its power by dissolving the Senate, the ranks of the Imperial stormtroopers would include cloned infantry from multiple sources as well as birth-born conscripts and recruits from various worlds."

Recruits and conscripts are a risky prospect, unless they are reared from birth to be devoted to their own cause, as I was. If everyone could be as determined to take what they need as I, this would not be a cause for concern. The clones are more practical, but less diverse and inventive breed than the natural variety.

Archived