Home

help with ERF files

jinger

The only way I can think of would be to rename the dialog file to something unique and then modify the script or UTC/UTP template that uses the instance you wish to override to point to your renamed version instead. (Which unfortunately will leave you just as stuck if scripts or templates with those names exist in several RIM or ERF files as well.)

Override always overrides resources on the global, game-wide scope. There's nothing to do about that as far as I know.

If your working on a custom module you can insert the dlg file into the "*.MOD" file when you build it and it will also stay local to that module only.

that's not the case

Which unfortunately will leave you just as stuck if scripts or templates with those names exist in several RIM or ERF files as well
yep, that's the case… i don't suppose building an ERF with the same name of the one containing the dlg would override just it? would i lose the original's other files?

that's not the case

yep, that's the case… i don't suppose building an ERF with the same name of the one containing the dlg would override just it? would i lose the original's other files?

That would also work but depending on what you're doing it can be overkill. Simply use Kotor tool's ERF builder and save your file as a .mod (make sure to pack everything in it, including the .are, .git and .ifo files). Since you are saving with a different extension, your original files won't be replaced but the new file will override them.

That would also work but depending on what you're doing it can be overkill. Simply use Kotor tool's ERF builder and save your file as a .mod (make sure to pack everything in it, including the .are, .git and .ifo files). Since you are saving with a different extension, your original files won't be replaced but the new file will override them.

you saying to override pippo.erf (that contains the original dlg file) with pippo.mod containing just the new dlg file? that'd be awesome, did i get it right?

well, stoffe was right. i was being generic about this because i'm trying this in more than one mod, in different ways, but it seems you cannot override a single file in a .rim/erf (not if it has duplicates) without having to override the entire module.

mmmm… i'm assuming out there there's no script decompiler, is there?

Archived