Home

Knights Of The Old Republic: Darkness Falls

DarthSion101

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cloaked figure stepped onto the bridge , as he did, all the lights, and tchnology inside sprung to life. The entire vessel was staffed by ancient Sith war droids. He walked through the command deck, the two hulking Terentatek lumbered in behind him.

He approached what was the bridges command chair, and lowered himself comfortably into it.

A battle droid approached him,"welcome master, the Basilisk and its crew are at your disposal. It has been 1,072 standard years since NAga Sadow activated this vessel." The spindly battle droid chirped. A low grovely hiss of a sound exuded from the cloaked figure, from a spot where his face was shrouded in darkness. "This battleship, is now mine, as are you droid, I know far more about this ship and its capabilities than you could ever hope to compute. I have searched for its location for far longer than anyone could know. Take us into hyperspace now." THe droid again spoke to the dark figure. "Master, the ships power supply is 78908747x99907 to the fifteenth power, which means enterring hyperspace while still in the atmosphere, will destroy the planet." The evil dark figure remained seated, and spoke again without emotion, just a cold grovelly sound. "Yes, I know, this way there will be no trace." THe droid saluted "As you desire master."

The ships 8 immense engine wells began tto burn a bright red, and the atmosphere around it seemed to sweel and expand. THe ship then launched forward at great speed, dissappearing into hyperspace, the shockwave of its departures sents scorching waves of enrgy through the planet, tearing the ancient world apart, and leaving it nothing more than an empty plot of dust and debris floating in space.

"Perhaps you should think twice about threatening us," the leader said. He was the largest of the men... seven feet tall and muscular all over. "Give us the girl and we'll leave you alone."

The girl backed slightly onto the ship's ramp and shook her head fearfully.

Brandon woke up in a bed. He stepped out and put on the same armor he wore as Darth Revan. He walked out of the room and looked at the ship. Since he used the ship before, he knew exactly where the cockpit was. When he arrived at the cockpit, he seen the communication systems still worked. He turned it on to contact Carth Onasi, his old friend. "Carth, are you there Carth?" Revan said into the comm system. "Brandon, is that you?" Carth replied. "The one and only." Brandon told Carth. "I'm back and feeling good. How's Bastila?" "Bastila is fine. She really missed you." Carth told him. "I'm sorry I left. I had to defeat the old Sith Empire by myself. Do you now where Canderous Ordo is? Revan asked.

"Perhaps you should think twice about threatening us," the leader said. He was the largest of the men... seven feet tall and muscular all over. "Give us the girl and we'll leave you alone."

The girl backed slightly onto the ship's ramp and shook her head fearfully.

*I'm sure this is all a misunderstanding, sir,* said the woman in the strange purple uniform. She bent down to the strangers side, making sure she was unwounded.

"She is ours! Stand aside, woman!"

The Doctor pulled out a small chain with a coin attached to it and flicked it, making it spin rapidly. He held it up to the man's eyes. *She has done nothing wrong,* he said. *Violence is not the way to solve the situation.*

The thugs eyes were slightly crossed, staring at the spinning coin. He knocked the object aside.

"She is of no use to us. Take her away, and may her filth never set foot on this planet again!" The group of men walked away, their shoulders hunched in a menacing way.

*I'm sorry you weren't able to find a violent solution, mr. Rand, but that was the best way to solve the situation." ((Note that The Doctor has introduced himself, but has not been told anyone elses name))

((Uh... that's not quite what I had in mind, Doc... but whatever.))

The girl stood slowly, trying to catch her breath. The confusion she felt was visible on her face as she turned to the stranger with the coin-shaped object.

"What did you do to them?" she asked hesitantly.

"What the frack was that?" Atton muttered out of the side of his mouth, "And how the hell does he know my name??"

"That's what I'm wondering. Of course, at the moment, I think that the only thing that would surprise me is if he knew Disciple's name." Kira replied.

"That'd be almost impossible. I don't even know that."

"Well, with this guy, it seems nothings impossible."

She turned to the 'Doctor' and his two assistants again. "I'd like to know that as well. And how you knew our names."

*Well, to answer Mr. Rand's question, that was a form of deep hypnosis. It is a common ability among the people of Gallifrey.

As to how I know your names... that is a little more difficult to explain. I cannot answer that question at the moment - you wouldn't believe me if I told you; it took to long to gin your trust the last time we met. And no, I do not know the Disciple's name - though it was never a topic of discussion; or shall I say, it never will be.

I do, however, know that you are Kira Starr, and you are Atton Rand. I also know that you travel with two artificial intelligences called HK-47 and T3-M4 (who happened to get along very well with my old friend K9) as well as a woman named Visas Marr and a man named Bao-Dur.* The Doctor turned around and indicated his companions.

*These are my companions Nyssa of Traken and Tegan Jovenka. As I said, I am The Doctor.*

The Doctor put the coin and chain back into his inner pocket.

The girl said nothing, but shuddered at the thought of hypnosis and what it had done to the men that were chasing her. With a little shrug she turned to the Exile and the others.

"So now that they've been introduced, I'd like to know who the rest of you are," she said. "So I know who to thank for standing up to giants for my sake."

Kira looked to Atton, who seemed to be just as confused as she was. How'd the man know her companions? They had met before? He had gained her trust? What the hell was all this about???

Mentally shaking herself, she turned to the woman. There would be time enough to wonder about this later.

"As he said," she said, waving a hand in the Doctor's direction, "I am Kira Starr, the Jedi Exile. And this is my companion and pilot-"

"And handsomest scoundrel in the galaxy." Atton added jokingly.

"Atton Rand. But Nyssa and Tegan are right," Kira said, trying out the unfamiliar names, "You do look a bit shaken. Perhaps you should rest a while?"

"Are you sure we should do this?" Atton whispered to her so only she could hear, "We don't know her and-"

"She needs our help!" the Exile responded.

"Perhaps she would prefer to stay in the TARDIS? It would much safer than.... your ship, ms. Starr." said Tegan, eyeing the Ebon Hawk as if it was a dead animal on the side of the road. Nyssa to, was looking at the EBon Hawk as if it were an old smelly dog.

The Doctor, however, was looking at her with great respect. *Ah, the Ebon Hawk. Beautiful ship, isn't she? Does she have the ionized hull yet?" asked The Doctor with genuine interest.

"Er...ionized hull?" the Exile asked, bewilderment written across her face.

However, Atton had caught the looks that the two women were giving the Hawk "Look, I don't care how high-end and glossy this...Tardis thing is, but this ship right here is the fastest in the galaxy. It's seen and won more battles than you can count."

"So has the TARDIS, according to The Doctor. And it can--" said Tegan ((yes, you are supposed to not like Tegan. She was always rude and arrogant)).

*Tegan, there's no need to be rude.* Interrupted The Doctor.*Besides, the TARDIS is far from "high end and glossy". She older than the Ebon Hawk* He turned to face Atton. *The Ebon Hawk is a truly beautful ship, mr. Rand. I never though I'd see her again. Are the engines still OK, or have they developed the drag yet?*

Having no idea what he was talking about, Atton ignored the Doctor's last question, deciding to answer his last.

"Well, Bao-Dur and the bucket of bolts called T3 managed to get them mostly back to perfect order, but there's still that..."Atton began, but then turned a scrutinizing, suspicious eye on the Doctor and his assitants, "Wait...how'd you know that they had a drag? Or is this another one of those 'time hasn't come' things that you and the Jedi love so much?" and he quickly began to 'play pazaak'. Dealt a four card, then switch the suit on the three, total is seven. A six, add the two, the total becomes fifteen. Dealt another four, total becomes nineteen...

Meanwhile, Kari went over to the girl, holding a hand out to her, "Believe me, I won't do anything to hurt you. I just want to help."

"Canderous is hidden on Dxun. I don't know about the rest of the old crew." Carth told Brandon. "That's all I need to know. Thank you Carth." Brandon replied. He turned off the comm system and went outside. He seen that Atton and Kira and that Doctor were still outside. He also noticed a new face. "You, Doctor, you seem familiar to me. Like you were in one of my battles." Revan told the Doctor. "Do I know you?"

Archived