Home

Knights Of The Old Republic: Darkness Falls

DarthSion101

"Very well." Disciple said, nodding as if the Watcher could see him.

"Mical?" Atton asked, thoughrouly confused, "Is that what he just called you? Are you telling me you have a name other than Disciple? I can hardly believe it!" he said sarcastically. Disciple left the room without a response.

"You know, the Doctor did the same thing to me." Disciple said, striding up to the Watcher. "He called me by my name when I hadn't told anyone else aboard the ship who I really was. How was it that you know me? My real name, I mean."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Can't drag it out of him yet, Kira :xp: ))

The Watcher continued to smile. "You're not like the rest, are you Mical? You seem to understand the subtleties of time... I'm impressed.

"Yes, I have met you before. I've met all of you. That includes the Doctor. But not this Togo, and certainly not these Shards. I fear that there is some higher power behind these events. A dark power bent on destroying all that is good in this galaxy."

"Exactly. The Doctor's being here has avoided a great deal of damage, but not enough. I was sent to help him secure the time line, and then attempt to restore it. How we're going to manage that, I don't know..."

The engine sound stopped, and the room fell silent. "Dxun... We must hurry. If Kira reaches the Shard before us, all will be lost."

Meditating to try and quell the Dark urges rising within her, Jasra heard the ship's computer interrupt her thoughts.

"We have arrived at Dxun," it said. "Establishing orbit."

Jasra sighed. "Thank you."

She rose slowly, taking one last look at Brax's body laying on the bed cocooned in the stasis field before heading up to the cockpit.

She sat down behind the controls. The ship was so thoroughly automated that she didn't have to do much but ask it to scan for any large structures on the surface. There were three, but one stood out from the others.

"Kira, Crystal," she said on the intercom. "We have arrived. It's time to go and get what we came for."

She released the com button. "And time to end this game," she said quietly to herself. She flexed her gaunlets. "One way, or the other."

"I can't give up on Kira." he growled, trying to stand straight and grimacing with pain. "She'll be here, on Dxun. I know she will. I can't let those Shards have controll of her. I can't abandon her!"

~*~*~

Kira's demonic eyes sprang open as Jasra's voice echoed through the comm. They had arrived.

She stood from her meditative position, and moved to the door, keying it open.

"Have we located the position of the Shard?" Kira asked, striding into the cockpit and standing next to the pilot's chair.

The Watcher sighed. "There will be no persuading you otherwise, will there?"

Atton glared at him.

"Right then. Nyssa, Tegan: he'll need your help - I don't want him walking on his own yet."

They each took a position one each side of Atton, helping him stand properly. The Watcher pulled a lever, and the door opened, revealing the harsh jungle landscape of Dxun.

"Come along now."

"There's a large structure, here, Master," Jasra said to Kira, as she pointed to the scanner monitor. "It's similar in structure to the one...we just visited. No doubt, it's Sith. It would be a good place to start."

Jasra looked up at Kira. "Can you feel anything through the Force, Master? All I sense is a sort of whisper."

"Crystal, Master Kira and I are taking the fighter down to the surface," Jasra said over the com system to Crystal in her room. "You will stay here on the ship until I call for you. Then you will teleport down to our location. Is that understood?"

She gave instructions to Brax's ship to remain in orbit until she returned, then headed for the fighter ship.

"I'll drive, Master," she said, as she hopped into one of the seats. "The ship seems to respond to my voice only."

((You do remember how we were going to do this, right FFWM?))

The Watcher looked over his shoulder again at Nyssa and Tegan, supporting Atton between them. Disciple walked alongside him.

"There is a Sith tomb up ahead, where I believe we will find the Shard. We must be on our guard - if we encounter Kira, I will hold her off while you retieve the Shard. Nyssa, Tegan: you're job is to keep yourselves and Atton safely out of harm's way."

Jasra gave a curious look at Crystal, who was grinning at her now, then got into the cockpit of the fighter.

"Right," she said to Kira, as the cockpit closed over them. "Take us to the co-ordinates of the large structure on the surface we were looking at," she instructed the ship.

In a few moments, they were away and heading for the surface of Dxun. "What the...?" Jasra punched a few buttons on the scanner. "Master, there is another ship in orbit." She paused. "And it's not the Ebon Hawk. Something much larger."

"Ignore it," Kira said hurriedly. "We have to get to the shard. That's all that matters now."

Jasra could hear the anticipation in Kira's voice, but that didn't lessen her curiousity about the other ship. Nevertheless, she obeyed Kira. "As you wish, Master."

Brax's two-man fighter landed in a clearing just outside the temple. Instead of being over-grown, the path to the Temple was cleared.

"Looks like this temple isn't as forgotten as we initially thought," said Jasra, as she opened the hatch and got out. She surveyed the area, then spotted something. "Mandalorians?" she asked Kira, pointing at an abandoned speeder partially hidden by some foliage. She paused a bit, using the Force to seek out any hint of life. "I don't sense any of them nearby. Do you?"

"Very well. Call her, though I don't suspect we'll be needing her much longer." Kira murmured as they reached the end of the path. The entry into the temple consisted of two, large double doors that seemed to have been covered with a wrought-iron gate, judging by the bits of rusted metal that was seen lying on the ground. One of the two double doors was slightly ajar, and Kira pulled it wide open, the hinges protesting with a loud screech. Beyond was complete darkness. She gave one over-the-shoulder look to Jasra, and started in.

Disciple shuddered as they moved further down into the decaying temple. He could have sworn he'd heard something or someone moving just outside the reach of the sonicscrewdriver's light. He did a quick scan of the area, and that's when he sensed it.

"So is she." he said, stopping and looking behind the procession of crewmembers. "Kira's here."

Archived