Home

DStar- if you played Rebellion esp.

Lew

There is only 1 Red Squadron. ;)

eh, true enough...

that further scares me...you'd really have to predict where the DS was going to attack...or else the only other thing you could do is pull an ROTJ and attack it once you've found it to make sure and take out out of play...now THAT would be an insane battle.

Not only would the impers get bonus forces from space stations in the area, they get bonus forces from the DS too in addition to however many fleets they had there...I could see myself using up a heck of a lot of reinforcements with the rebels in that battle...yows.

Unless a lucky Rebel character blew up the DS shield. Doh.

As for the DS in EaW... I heard it'll come with a small defensive fleet of it's own. It won't count towards your fleet pop cap, just your galactic cap.

So, in that way, the DS is worth it to take along with your fleets. The only way the Rebels can beat it is to destroy your entire fleet first, then the DS.

Plus, Red Squadron has to survive the battle. I can see alot of smart Imp players going straight for Red Squadron... and alot of smart Reb players holding them back FAR away from the front lines.

I just hope the DS is usable against a planet during a space battle... instead of in a post-battle in-game movie sequence.

Archived