Home

Who have more of a tactical advantage in space Imps or rebels

Jason91

Corellian Gunship wolfpack > anything else

I wish I could remember who in these forums recommended this strategy to me, or remember which thread it was posted in. Maybe they'll come by and claim this strategy, because it's certainly theirs and not mine originally.

It could have been my post in the "Favourite land and space unit" thread. I chose the gunships for my favorite rebel space unit and used the term "wolf pack". Sounds like you're using them in conquest games, but they work just as well in multiplayer space battles. At the second tech level, the Empire just doesn't have any counter, and the third isn't much better. Even Boba fette isn't much good against them. Also, the corellian gunships can move straight through asteroids while the cap ships must go around.

Combine the power of the corellian gunships with the locked s-foils of xwings and I feel the Rebels have a clear advantage. That will probably change with the next patch though.

There's one particular player that I've played a few times, and every game has been won by the Rebel side. We just can't seem to break our tie. Too bad we can't both choose the same side...

It could have been my post in the "Favourite land and space unit" thread.

Ah yes! It was you. Thanks for introducing me to a very fun tactic. :)

Tearing down ISDs with those little gunships is uniquely satisfying. Also, watching ships die with some shields left - i.e., hulls getting pummelled faster than the shields going down - is odd and fun as well.

Tearing down ISDs with those little gunships is uniquely satisfying. Also, watching ships die with some shields left - i.e., hulls getting pummelled faster than the shields going down - is odd and fun as well.

Yeah that's fun. Also, it's nice to drop a bunch of gunships in one location, kill everything there, then use the speed boost to jet over to another part of the map and kill everything there too! It's like having two different fleets and really makes life hard for the emps. Any unit that acts as a force multiplier is powerful indeed.

• 2 months later...

In my opinion its 50% 50%...

The only diffrence is that imp can launch fighters and bombers.... So try to destroy their hangars first....

But rebel Mon Calamari dont have shields and their X and A-wings are more powerfull against those stupid ties... And rebels have the ion cannon, which is the ultimate weapon of them all.... Even better than a death star ... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived