Home

USM for K1

MdKnightR

lactose_, I totally get what you're saying... Maybe if you edited the lightsaber descriptions to state that only certain jedi have custom lightsabers as opposed to the base lightsabers which are standard edition? I mean, this was years and years before the prequel trilogy, it might make sense that only certain jedi were able to manipulate the hilt to a new design.

Then again I'm just blabbing... sorry :S

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For lactose_

One last post then I will shut up and leave T7's thread alone ;)

Okay, let's just put it this way... if you want to go through and rename all of the crystal uti files for any of my lightsaber mods FOR YOUR GAME, please feel free to do so. That way they will read hilt instead of crystal for you.

But as far as me doing it, it isn't likely to happen.

I am glad you enjoy the sabers I have released (with the EXCELLENT modeling help of the master modders here at Holowan Labs!). I enjoy them also. Therefore, that means that I am not going to go change them every other week.

The sabers I have released are mostly ones I requested myself and I do use them - quite often. I have no problem with the realism of my sabers. I know they aren't standard game sabers, but they are ones I reallyreallyreally wanted, so to me - in my game - they are perfect just as they are - especially since almost all of my sabers were custom made for me by some wonderfully talented people here at Holowan. :D

I completely understood your point of view, but I was specifying why we modders do our mods like we do, game-wise. (As RedHawke had already stated, mind you.)

I hope you find someone who can make a saber (crystal) like you want. BUT realistically, it more than likely won't happen because modders tend to do what works and stick with it ;)

But good luck anyway ;)

Hi, Liit. No, I don't think you're blabbing. :) In fact, you make perfect sense. Editing the lightsaber (or crystal) descriptions would be totally appropriate for the idea that I was suggesting.

As an example, this is what I have in my own game, where I gave Bastila her very own unique double-saber hilt. Her crystal.uti, which I named "Bastila's hilt and crystal", will not work with short or standard sabers, so I gave it this description:

Special:

Upgrade Item, Lightsaber

Blade Color: Yellow

Bastila's special focusing crystal and saber hilt were gifts to her from the Jedi Council for her efforts during the Mandalorian Wars.

The crystal was imbued with the Force by the Jedi Masters, and it tempers Bastila's headstrong nature. To house this crystal, the Masters also constructed a unique hilt for her which will only emit a double-bladed saber, since Bastila herself has shown a preference for such a weapon.

Attempting to remove the crystal and placing it into a different hilt may very well destroy both the crystal and the lightsaber.

It glows faintly with an inner yellow light.

It works for me, and I feel that it helps me enjoy the game better. :)

And mjpb3, thanks for the reply. I have the greatest admiration for all modders who have gone to lengths to help improve the games I play, and you are one of those. Thanks!

But I must say that I am rather bemused that my small suggestion has caused such consternation. I am not a person to command another to change the way they do things for my sake. Rather, I like to give small suggestions or offer a different point of view to help improve the end-product. Whether or not they want to listen is not something that I can control, but I'd like to think that they're appreciative for any feedback. I mod games myself, and I am always happy to receive a comment or critique, so I can understand what people want.

I felt my small suggestion did not in any way indicate that I would like all modded sabers to change their in-game names; neither did it indicate that I was ignorant of the reason Bioware, and later Obsidian, have made the stock sabers all look the same in-game. Really, if I could summarise my earlier post, I would say, "Hey T7, maybe you might want to consider naming some of the crystal.uti files 'hilts', just for the fun of it!".

So I must confess that I did think it a little strange that both you and RH have reiterated that I somehow want to make wholesale changes across the board, or that I did not understand the mechanics of modding sabers, when the exact opposite is true.

Believe it or not, what you say here

I have no problem with the realism of my sabers. I know they aren't standard game sabers, but they are ones I reallyreallyreally wanted, so to me - in my game - they are perfect just as they are
is generally the way I feel too. It is just that, maybe once in a while, I will come across a modded hilt that is so exquisite that I think my Jedi must have spent hours at the workbench (and have repair skill at 20+) to come up with it. So, then, in those rare cases, a ready-made hilt would better fit the game, at least to my mind.

So there, that's all there is to it. Cheers everyone! :)

Hey all I know its been ages since I have posted anything, But due to personal circumstances I have been unable to finnish this mod.

I was just going to throw what I had completed together and release it, but I just couldn't let myself settle for a buggy POS mod release, so I began working furiously to complete it and I did progress almost to the end, but I had to put it on hold again. So right now the current state of the mod is in a semi indefinite limbo. All of the models I set out to make are complete except for Bastila's single bladed saber and a double saber for Uthar.

Part of the problem in releasing the mod is the daunting task of setting up the installer and testing the mod, as it is, half of the work I've done is not tested in game, in modding theory it all should all work as what I have done isn't very complex (from a modders perspective), but this stuff does take many many hours of testing.

With that said, this mod in not scrapped, but will remain in limbo until I am able to return to it.

As there will not be any further additions to the mod and I will not be updating this thread again with any new wip, further discussion is unnecessary and so to save RH from constantly deleting posts I will now close this thread.

Thanks for everyones the continued interest in this mod.

Archived