Home

Cutscene, Sound & Mod Bug

Maphisto86

Hi! I just got TSL a couple of days ago. At first I had no real problems with the game and even the mods I downloaded worked fine *except Stoffe's Twielek exile but it's good now*. Yet by the time I start using a few cheats for fun the cutscenes shown in-game will start malfunctioning. For example, some cutscenes will just speed up with no noise and go back the the player screen. This happens with most of the logs I check on Paragus and the Harbinger. This problem is similiar to a bug I found in KOTOR if not the same.... though that bug didn't happen until halfway through the game when I went to the underwater lab on Manaan. However the bug's in KOTOR went away as soon as I finished my first game.

I also find that the characters in my team don't talk when I select them. They talk periodically but not everytime. Most of the time only one character is working. That has never happened to me before.... I also find that two mods I download don't work. Carth's New Uniform and Redhawke's Exile's Item Pack don't seem to work. In cutscenes showing Carth... he's wearing the in-game uniform and when I go to the Exile's quarters on the Harbinger there is no new item's Redhawke made in the locker there.

PLEASE HELP!!! :toilet1:

Yup, any cheats other than the 'giveitem' ones can cause problems in the game. Especially the warp code. You are having problems with cutscenens that is why you aren't getting the items from my Exile's Pack.

Start a new game and don't use any cheat codes other than the 'giveitem' one and you should be fine, this is another reason why I did my Mistake Correction Armband as the cheats cause the game to get real buggy, real fast.

well u f**ked up your game when you put cheats in. This kind of stuff happened to me too. Im afraid your going to have to start a new game for kotor2.

So it's the cheats that cause the bugs? Damn... it's going to be hard getting thorugh the game! :uzi2::yelhelp: Still I wonder why the mods don't work then? :yodac: Odd my troubles are.... :yodac:

Any other suggestions, comments, advice, etc ? :doh:

I need to know if their is anyway to be able to input cheats and still have the game work... PLEASE HELP!!! :cry8: It's not just for playing the single player game but also some mods require the input of console codes to work. :yelhelp:

P.S. I know... Im pathetic when I beg! :animelol:

^^^^

First, please re-read my post above...

Second, any mod that asks you to use a cheat code other than "giveitem" you would be advised to simply not save those games, nor use those mods for any real game playthroughs.

TSL is far more unforgiving in the useage of the cheat codes than KotOR I was.

^^^^

First, please re-read my post above...

Second, any mod that asks you to use a cheat code other than "giveitem" you would be advised to simply not save those games, nor use those mods for any real game playthroughs.

TSL is far more unforgiving in the useage of the cheat codes than KotOR I was.

Oops! Sorry didn't notice your post Redhawke!!! :animelol:

So giveitem codes work? I think that's all I was using.... well it was givemed and givecomspikes.... they don't count?

LoL... I tried the game over again and experimented. If you use cheats nothing goes wrong until you reach the dormitories on Paragus. When you see the administrators log... that's the real test. This time I tried to see if I could use the invincibility cheat. Well it half works... during the cutscene when the gas fills the dormitories some of the miners clutch their throats and die while others clutch their throats.... and then just stand there. :lol: I geuss some people are allergic to gas while others aren't... :rolleyes:

It's maddening but I geuss I'll have to play it fair and square.... :duel: I would like to see the story though... :violin:

I really don't see the need to use cheat codes with TSL. The modding community has developed some great utilities that you can use with the game that allows us to set PC and party NPC attributes and skills, level up (add xp), as well as add items to inventory. Why fiddle around with cheat codes when you can use the following mods to do almost anything you want?

tk102's KotOR Save Game Editor - great for changing PC and party NPC attributes, feats, force powers and/or skills, LS/DS alignment, adding items and/or credits to inventory, etc.

ChAiNz.2da's Hak Pad - allows you to do most of what KSE does but allows you to do it in-game.

Archived